Reviews for To Face the Pain
Love the story.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
(Tear)
TheologyDiscography chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
aw. poor moondance! that was so sad. though, I really liked the end with starwind. that's so like him.
Jaelle chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
Ah, gods.

Heartbreaking, absolutely heartbreaking to hear how someone has managed to hold onto so much hate and despair. It's very well-written, but sadsadsad. My heart breaks for Moondance.
Seer Vixion chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
ireally like this story. I feel sad for MoonDance. how hard it must have been for him. To see his mother like that, and her not recognizing him and her telling him what would hurt him the most without knowing.

vixi
Black Wolf's Shadow chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
Well done, very much so. Moondance and Starwind, I've always felt, deserved a more in-depth look into their characters. I'm quite pleased with your result, thank you for posting it.
Hana chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
Poor Moondance. You do like to make him suffer, don't you? Altogether it's not a bad story. However, you might want to clean up a few things. Starwind's "I thought you may" should really be "I thought you might." The sentence is past tense, and so we have to use “might.”

"You call, shay’kreth’ashke, and I do not only come, I am already nearly to you" is a bit of a disaster. It doesn't make a lot of sense. I understand what you want to say, but it's such an awkward sentence. Maybe "You call, shay'kreth'ashke, but I am already here" would be better considering how Moondance falls into Starwind’s arms a line later?

Also, "a rogue stallion"? Really? Nothing about a horse’s behavior is roguish. “Trampled to death by a horse” would suffice.

I'm sure you just missed some things while editing. It happens to everyone. I know I always end up kicking myself later after I've published a story online and see some glaring error after people have clearly read it. Ugh.

Anyway, do keep posting Starwind and Moondance stories. They don't get enough attention in the fandom, and it's nice to have someone write about them upon occasion.