Reviews for Home
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
This is a good story. I like how you wrote about Sam gardening the shire, and how he settled in bag end after the whole quest was over with.
Leaviel chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
that was really sweet and well written!
Anne chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
New to LOTR fanfic scene. Loved this. Beautiful. Very *Sam*, if you know what I mean. :)
eiluj chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
Very perceptive view of Sam.

"He did what no one had thought he would do. He did what he had always done the best. He gardened" - Love that - after all, he was *Sam*!

This fic is my favorite of this series of yours.

Now I'm going to quibble about a bit of canon.

"When the wizard was killed, and the henchman that killed him shot dead by Samwise, Merry and Pippin" - Actually, no. Admittedly, Tolkien didn't say *which* "three hobbit-bows twanged." But Sam, Merry, and Pip all wore swords, and we never hear anything about them bearing bows. (I'm not saying they didn't know how to shoot - I'm sure Pip at least knew something about archery.)

Indeed, after Saruman attacked Frodo and was thrown down by "a dozen hobbits, led by Sam," Tolkien says "Sam drew his sword," so I think we can say for certain that Sam still had his sword out (protecting Frodo, after all) a minute later and *he* didn't shoot Gríma. The four of them had gone to Bag End accompanied by "some two dozen study hobbits" selected by Farmer Cotton; I believe it was some of the other hobbits who shot Gríma.

And I've always thought that Sam, Merry, and Pippin, who knew Frodo so well, knew he wouldn't have wanted Gríma shot down, but captured - if not let go entirely.
libraryloser chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
I thought this was sweet :)
Vermillion Serpent chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
Truly beautiful, I can see why it has been nominated.

You've created a style for this story (whether intentional or not) that really suits the Lord of the Rings too. I really like it
Larner chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
Definitely a sweet tale, and true for our Sam. Thank you, as I think I have read this before and enjoyed it as much then.
AC2 chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
What a lovely, pleasant read! Thank you for writing this for us to enjoy. Just when I was losing hope for the quality of stories posted on this site, you restored my faith.

I have two itty bitty niggles for you:

Instead, he [rebuilt] RESTORED the lands.

He did what no one had thought he would do. He did what he had always done [the] best.

That's it, really. It's beautiful work, and I've added it to my favourites.
Elemarth chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
Good story. I like the last line.
WargishBoromirFan chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
Aw; that was very cute. I liked the "the thing he had always done the best" line in particular.