Reviews for Clockwork Silence
Mermeroy chapter 1 . 3/29
One word, hot!
loverbug6 chapter 1 . 3/25
wow! just wow. a interesting paring but so good! Hope you write another one!
established-fox chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Fantastic Fic. After reading this morsel I went in search of other Kimbley centric fics and it looks as if you have ruined the whole lot for me. Nothing can quite match up to what you have given us. Fantastic.
Belovedvenerate chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
You have an amazing way of writing, I was pulled into the story, despite the fact I've read this story more than twice! You describe the characters so well, and the imagery is so real.
realityfling18 chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
love it
atomic-oblaat chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
This is one of the most beautiful stories I've read for this fandom. Your writing is flawless and I adore the depth with which you've written Roy. All in all, this story is devastating and beautiful and I love it. Good job.
whatsthesymbology chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
It's rare to see a Kim/Roy fic, which is sad since it's such an awesome pairing. Good job!
BlackLioness chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
I wholeheartedly agree with the previous reviewer - this story deserves more reviews. It's a very well written, emotional story and the characters are spot on, from Mustang's growing despair to Kimbley's mildly suppressed insanity. A very enjoyable read.
Solisortiri chapter 1 . 11/18/2009
Why does this story only have 4 reviews? That is simply not right. I absolutely adore this piece. It is one of my favourites on the whole site.

For some reason I've always been attracted to Roy. Well, the reason would probably be that he is confident and cool and collected and amazing, but I am also infatuated with who I think he his behind the bravado (or what may be bravado, it could be real too). Roy joined the military when he was rather young and I know for sure that back then he would not have been as confident as proud as we see him as a Colonel. Back when he was still just a major he would have probably been one of the youngest people fighting. He would have been unsure and nervous about what he's about to face. We also know that Roy is haunted by Ishbal when we see him in canon at nearly thirty. I imagine he started out rather innocent. Then certain people and events in Ishbal corrode away at his mentality and his conscience, until there's hardly anything left.

Then you bring in Kimbley. Kimbley is also one of my favourite charcters. He is a total psychopath and he knows it. He revels in it. He looks his victims in the eyes as the die, giving them and himself at least that much dignity, and he is not afraid to watch them die. There is so much contrast between the two, and yet they have something in common. They're both State Alchemists sent out to be human weapons in Ishbal and they both go a little crazy (though who's to say Kimbley wasn't already crazy before; he probably was). And you put them together in the same tent and you really can't blame either of them for what went on there.

In my opinion you portrayed their characters perfectly. Roy is so young and nervous and innocent and Kimbley has everything about himself sorted out. He is confident and very, very dangerous. I like this line:

"...and there’s something insanely uncomfortable about how he has to look up to see the man."

It creates tension. It lets you know, right there, just how much power Kimbley has (is going to have) over Roy. He stands taller with a more dominant feeling about him. Right here you really start to realize what path their heading on.

You also portrayed the emotions of the war very well. There is blood and murder and the hands of formerly innocent people. Roy has no idea how he's going to get through it and Kimbley, who is apparently interested in Roy, gives him what he needs.

Roy is probably disgusted with himself. He can't stand all he's done to the Ishballans and he probably feels uneasy at the fact that he's seemingly taking a way out and running away from his problems. Kimbley keeps Roy a little saner (or perhaps drives him even crazier) through the wartime. I love the energy around this fic. In my opinion, when you match up Kimbley's insanity with Roy's insecurity it makes for an amazing story. I love it when they are bunk mates. I like to think that they were tent mates or something of that sort back during the war. The thought of Roy and Kimbley having a past together, especially one like this where Kimbley is so dominant and scary and Roy needs it, is very interesting and appealing to me.

This piece is terrific. You describe everything very well and your writing style is intriguing and beautiful. It puts you in Roy's mind and describes it like poetry. Absolutely amazing.

The ending is enchanting:

"His hands are steady as he winds the broken pocket watch he never bothered to fix, and he watches the hands spiral around and around until they catch and the entire thing breaks, the stem shattering in his hands."

I could probably go on for days about the deeper meanings in this (whether you meant to put them there or not) but I think I've taken enough of your time as it is. I'm sorry if I bored you or something, ranting on about your own work which you obviously already know all about, but I just had to tell you how utterly awestruck I am at this. You did a truly amazing job, the very idea of it already draws me in, and then you make it so much better with your writing style. Thank you for sharing this. It has a brilliant atmosphere that can only be created by someone with real talent.

Once again, I love this fic!

~November Air
KunoichiHakira666 chapter 1 . 11/15/2009
this is amazing. i love the pairing and i love the relationship and how roy feels after kimblee's gone. a really great peice of work.

keep up the great work
gia chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
This was a real pleasure to read. You had them both so very realistic and in character, and the tension between them was palpable. Thank you!
Ghost of the Crescent Moon chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
This is excellent, wonderfully written.
Ethargh chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
Mm~m, angst. I like it! Good writing, and I like the (descriptive tangents).