Reviews for Confrontation
goldacharmed chapter 1 . 2/23
Awesome story and awesome idea! I really enjoyed that!
Dfire chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
It's so horrifying and sad... And it's even worse that Destiny or whatever is so freakin' EVIL. It can never stop laughing at the Winchesters. T_T
nancylou chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
I like this story.

Last season, I wanted someone to write a story about season two or season three Sam coming face to face with season six Sam, who we would later find out had no soul.

I think even season four Sam would have been pissed off with the way that the Soulless Sam treated Dean. Letting Dean get turned into a vamp would have had his head explode.

I like how season 2 Sam tried to protect Dean from 'Not Sam', during 'On the head of a pin'. I love protective!Sam.
ccase13 chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
What a neat story. The 2 Sams are totally opposed to one another but they both care about Dean. It's so sad that 4th season Sam went so wrong while still trying to help Dean.
anon chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
I have often wanted to see this kind of thing. I'd love to season season 5 Sam go back and bitch slap the hell out of his teenage self, his snotty Stanford self, and well etc.

Now, back to measure of a man soon please you're killing me here...
elleran1969 chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
Wow fantastic story loved the whole premise and love to be reminded of drunk Sammy.
Crystalzap chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
really good, :)
Katiki chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
(Finally had time to read this-it's been pretty hectic around here.)

Wow! I think one of the most dramatic evolution in the series has been the drastic changes in Sam's character since the pilot. Remember the days when he thought hustling pool was reprehensible? Wasn't he cute back then? *ruffles S1 Sam's emo bangs*

This juxtaposition of S2 and S4 is very powerful and thoughtful and à propos. The timing is great as you posted it right before When the Levee Breaks. It would seem the writers had a similar idea by having wee Sam confront adult Sam, but I think the contrast is much more effective in your story with S2 Sam.

Speaking of When the Levee Breaks, that was wee bit gut-wrenching, no? Methinks we shall need more crack soon. How is Deanzilla coming along?
Rhesa chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
wonderful and clever story. I loved the idea of season 2 Sam confronting his current self. Season 2 Sam would be totally furious at current Sam's actions. But I also loved how you showed why current Sam is doing what he's doing, and how much he still loves Dean. Thanks for sharing
Mad Maudlin's Dirty Toes chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
Oh, how lovely! This is exactly what I was hoping for - thank you so, so much! I'm adoring how S2!Sam has no patience with S4!Sam's excuses and S4!Sam is just so *tired* and *weary* and how he views his prior self as someone completely different - an innocent, almost, who doesn't and can't understand. Oh, Sams. And that they both make the same promise at the end? S2!Sam with determination and an optimistic outlook, but S4!Sam's with that dangerous, eerie mention of his power laughing at him...! It breaks my heart, in all the best ways. Thank you again, this is just perfect!
PhoenixDragonDreamer chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
God this is beautiful! I'm SO gonna rec this on my LJ!

Damn!

*hugs you tight*

Mandy
Corvus Imbrifer chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
Tieing threads together from one episode to the next! There's a thought. Let's tell Kripke. (I still want to know what's so 'dark' about wanting to save the world, even if it does involve self-sacrifice. What do you say about that, Dean? John? Hm?)

Nicely done, as usual, with economy and verve.
staceycj chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
Wow. That's pretty much all I can say. Wow.
Chiiyo86 chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
Wow, what a fascinating idea! Sam's conversation with himself hurts so much: he gets no understanding, even from himself. Poor Sam, so tragic.

And when I read the scene from "Playthings", I realized that I knew the the dialogues almost by heart. I could hear Sam's "You have to WATCH out for me", and Dean's "You don't do that, you don't lay that kind of crap on your kid". Yeah, this Show owns me.
KrystalB2003 chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
Wow. VERY nicely done! I was intrigued from the summary, but I wasn't really expecting the level of character introspection from both Sams that you presented us with in this story. Sam has changed so much this season, and I think you're right that he would barely even be recognizable to his own self from two years ago. And yet you still take us through the events that have led to him becoming the person that he is now, even as you demonstrate how incomprehensible his most recent actions would seem to himself if observed from a time before Dean's death. What a head trip! Great job.