Reviews for Of Birthdays and Charcoal Pencils
WriterGirl7673 chapter 1 . 3/3
Such a good story. I've always liked Narnian stories about Edmund.
I had to laugh when I read your intro comments. I did pretty much the same thing when my friend introduced me to Avatar. Zuko is by far the best character. :)
Clara Brighet chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
Wow. I cannot tell you how much I love this. A lovely little glimpse into the lives and personalities of our four favorite Pevensie children. 3 I really liked the way you wrote it. It was very steady, and true to the characters.
Oh, and the ending didn't feel rushed at all! I thought you wrapped if up wonderfully. Thank you for writing this!

P.S.
That's terrible about your friend. It really brought home the message of the story to me, and I was rather inspired by him. I hope his family is doing well all these years later. 3 I don't know what else to say, so I'll say a quick prayer for them.

- Clara Brighet
MerlinStar chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
A great fic, really interesting and nice to read. I hope I can stay a child at heart forever, but it's kind of sad to know I'm growing up really fast.

God bless you, and also the guy you mentioned's family.

MerlinStar
EmKit Productions chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
One thing.

You mentioned that Susan will be turning 17 in a few months though she's fourteen now.

Might want to edit that.
MrsPeelWe'reNeeded chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
A great story. Very good.
Taryn Streambattle chapter 1 . 9/21/2009
I would have liked to see the reaction to the silver jewelry sety but I understand. I will pray.
Phoenix Soar chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
A very sweet fic. It's great that you wrote this in Ed's POV. I also liked how you compared Peter, Edmund and Lucy's eternal youthfulness in Ed's eyes, to Susan who continues to mature. That was a really nice touch. :)

Anyway, cute one-shot! I liked it. XD
Violet Fire Krazed chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
This was very good and very interesting! Peter, Edmund and Lucy will never grow up will they (in more than one sense of the word)? After all, *SPOILER* they die in the end at a fairly young age, but Susan forgets Narnia and grows old. Very interesting. I like it.
Noorah chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
Your friend's family is in my prayers.

I'm a hockey girl, and I've met the players on my local team enough times that they know me by name, and one of the boys that has been my favorite for a long time died in Jan. He had just turned 19 and went out drinking, something that's legal in Canada. He died two days after turning 19, and right after he had been sent back home from our team.

I didn't know this boy personally, but I just couldn't understand why the young, talented and good hearted ones had to go first.

I feel for your friends family, and I can't fathom the pain his mother and father must be going through. I wish I could say that it gets easier for those who knew them, and over time it fades, but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of this hockey player and his family, and for a long time, I don't think i'll ever stop thinking of him.

Best wishes, and thank you for the wonderful onsie.

Noor
The Owl's Pen chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
First of all, my sympathy and prayers. Second, excellent job! The whole "how old are they now" debacle is always running through my head when I sit down to write Narnia, and having someone else tackle the problem in such a straight-forward way and turn it to good use (and at least part of the basis of a story) made for a pleasant read. I think the detail with Lucy not wanting to play with the doll because she is actually an adult was spot-on! Even if she still has childish desires at times, she ::remembers:: being older than that. Very nice!
redrose7856 chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
Hey Bundi!

GREAT story, I really like Edmund's POV when it comes to his sister! WAY cute!

~redrose7856
DarkPhoenix101 chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
I liked that very much. I'm sorry to hear about your friend; I'll remember him in my prayers.

The only thing I take issue with is Lucy's age. It's stated ib Prince Caspian she's going away to boarding school for the first time, which would normally be at age 11. that would make her 10 in LWW and 12 in Dawn Treader. And in LWW it definitely states Edmund is only a year older than Lucy. But aside from that little quibble it's a great story
Lirenel chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
Nice story, I really liked Edmund's examination of age and how he cant see himself or Lucy or Peter growing older. Fits well with the Last Battle.

I'll definitely be praying for your friend and his family and friends. It's so awful when something like that happens. Unfortunately I can understand what you're going through, since one of *my* primary school friends died suddenly in January. And it hurt a lot this past March which would have been his birthday; probably because of what you said in this story, that I'll be growing older (my birthday is also in March) while he never will. Anyway, praying for you. *hug*
SpangleyPony chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
Nice story I always like introspective Edmund as he is the one who sees everyone the best :)

I'm so sorry about your friend and of course I will pray for him and his family. From what you said he did a very selfless thing and will be with God now.

Take care and please continue writing.
hachoo chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
Oh, i love this story. The concept is interesting, and you captured all the characters really well. It was enjoyable and smart, and i loved it. I'm sorry to hea about your primary school friend.