Reviews for Needle
Lioness Of the fire chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
Omg So agree about the hair things when they did that I was like why? couldn't they pick something different , lol loved it great story
project314 chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
Yay! More "Thread" verse!

Okay, so personally, I kinda preferred Thread, because it had a nice mix of lighter anecdotes (and it was just so cute). This one is a bit less on the fun side, but it's just the right fit for a Sensei/Tori piece. It really fits the family/hurt/comfort classification you gave it.

Technically, I found it really good. The chronology of it all, the little important moments you picked. I loved that "when she was eight, Tori learned how to fly". You took something at the core of her and just with that sentence, you showed how important and liberating it is for her.

Also, nice touch with the hair. I can't recall the episode itself, but it's cool to see you establishing elements from NS continuity.

The approval from her father when Sensei came for a visit. That felt bittersweet. It's probably a big thing for Tori to have her father be proud, but would she want him to feel that happiness, considering this void between them. I don't know if I'm writing this right, but does she want to be a source of joy for him considering he's actually letting her down? It was nice seeing that connection between Tori and Sensei.

I really enjoyed the last scene with Sensei and the parallel you drew between Blake and Tori's dad. It makes sense that considering her dad's departure, she'd have a harder time trusting Blake again, opening herself up to potentially being hurt.

Tori's closing thought, just right.

So glad you covered her relationship with Sensei, with her parents thrown in as a bonus. Great job! )
Jeremy Shane chapter 1 . 5/5/2009