Reviews for Fate Sealed
bookish327 chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
Yep, I could definitely see it having happened this way, if they'd had sex too soon in their relationship. Not really having a strong foundation of friendship first, they would both be uncertain about what they really meant to each other, outside of working together and satisfying their physical urges for one another. Their close friendship, which leads to their love for each other, that occurred in canon would have possibly never had a chance to happen, if their relationship hadn't developed very slowly. Insightful writing, very in-character (in an AU sense).
Owl Emporium chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
Aw, that was kinda sad, but good job. (:

Angelica
Aching Bones chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
Hi there,

Loved this story...it was a really nice take on what could have been so much earlier in their partnership...

Ger
Katj21 chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
Excellent fic! I could see more chapters in the future...? Then again, I'm not a very good psychic. I loved it & look foward to more of your fics. :)
darcyLoVesmarissa chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
i'm fairly certain you can do no wrong.

you write flawless fluff, now perfect angst too?

it's too much!

lol.

i LOVE this.

it's so HOT!

and definitely really heartbreaking.

especially the last three sentences, i was ready to cry!

this is freakin amazing.

i'm SOO glad it didnt happen though.

lol.

keep up the fantastic writing!
Gryphin chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
O.M.G. *pant* That was H-O-O-O-O-O-T!

And let me tell you, after having watched that video (Yeah, baby! You know the one!), I was able to visualize this soo perfectly! When he grabs her around the waist and starts kissing her? I nearly died!

I thought that you were absolutely, perfectly in character. I could so easily see this as being an alternate ending for Man in the SUV. I am in awe that you were able to pack so much into a mere 1300 words. I think you have a true gift for that. You say only what needs to be said, but you still spin a fabulous tale and a rich visual.

And was that? Over there? Yes...a wee bit of angst? I do believe so! I'm so proud! *wipes tear from eye* I love the concept that Booth and Brennan keep coming back to one another although they don't define what they are. That is a very similar take to how I'm writing them in Flight. Way to go my angsty little fluff bunny you!

Very well done, Jess!

~Crystal
crazycamera chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
hmm eayh u could have cut that air witha knife!
lizook chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
I love this set up - the what if of it all. Unique and intriguing!

"“Yeah, I’m going uptown.” I lived downtown, but she already knew that." Love. So much.

And then they get back to her apt. and, omg, so hot! Sensual and smoking and...wow.

So incredibly bittersweet in the end though. Thank goodness it didn't happen this way ;)
Alanna1231 chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
You are on a roll, m'dear! Two fics in two days? Makes me very happy. :)

First thing that comes to mind - um, HOT! I noticed the tension in that episode also and I'm glad you decided to run with it.

"I lived downtown, but she already knew that."

Uh-oh! Naughty, naughty! Loved this line a lot, even in it's simplicity. Wouldn't that make a great song title, also?

This was great, Jess! Can't wait for more!

-Alanna
Deja and Darcie chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
I think you've described what could have happened very well. I love the Man in the SUV, and although I think they could have acted on what was there, they were wise to wait for the exact reason you said-their connection is more than physical. Although if they had acted then, I still don't think their relationship would be only physical because they understand each other on some level that someone like Tessa could never get. So, I think your interpretation was fantastic, but I think there are a thousand other interpretations, too. (That was very politically correct, wasn't it...) Anyway, good job.

~Deja
bonesfan11 chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
That was really good, I was wondering why it was listed as "angst/romance", then I read the ending. Angst is the greatest self torture ever invented, and just those last 2 sentences held so much sadness and, well, for lack of a better and/or different word, angst, it was just...brilliant.
Robert Modean chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
wow. That was hot, intense, and more than a little depressing. Absolutely not what I was expecting but well done, and rather thought provoking. Where would a Brennan and Booth relationship like that be four years down the road? Would they still be friends and partners, or would they only be work partners with the occasional hook-up? Food for thought there. Really well done.
ilovemclife chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
aw. wow booth. don't go back to tess. lol great job
csimesser1 chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
that was good
TheLifeILive chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
That was depressing.

Very hot though and very well written.

Leah