Reviews for Only Human
jj chapter 35 . 9/24/2010
I love the last line, about the hook, like in pirate pictures. It is very much a Mark Sloan type of comment for making mischief and deflating flights of fancy.

Interesting that in the next story, the alternate meaning is used when he gets the very simple two fingered prosthesis that apparently hasn't changed a lot since it was introduced to most people in the WW2 movie "The Best Years Of Our Lives"
epalladino chapter 35 . 8/24/2010
I loved the reunion between Mark and Jesse, and loved how Mark admitted to Jesse that he would have done the same thing and maybe even less. This was a very emotional story and I loved the interjection of humor in the end, but it cries out for a sequel or epilogue of some kind. Not only would I loved to know how Mark actually copes, I would love to know what happened to all of the other people Jesse encountered when he ran away.

Thanks for the fascinating read, Beth
JesseTravisfan chapter 35 . 8/18/2010
Aaaw, what a lovely ending chapter. :) Story was very good and I loved your long chapters.3 Great story! Good job HelenLouise! You are a talented writer.
j to the d chapter 35 . 8/17/2010
wow, great story loved every single chapter! thanks ;D
Keks chapter 35 . 8/17/2010
Wow! What a great ending. Thanks so much. It was a very good story, right from the begining to the end, so I have to say thank you very much. I can't wait to read more from you, but don't worry, I will be patient. For a week or so... just kidding! Again sorry for my bad english, have a good time, take care!
Gracie'sMom chapter 35 . 8/17/2010
What a great ending to a great story! Emotion, and humor, all very true to form for each character. You brought it full circle in a wonderful way.

I can't wait to read whatever you write next! Thanks for all your hard work!
there's no way chapter 34 . 8/5/2010
Was glad to see Mark wake up and he and Steve make a connection...Will look forward to his recovery and how he gets on...thanks for your time...
lynneanne chapter 34 . 8/5/2010
Although I always look forward to another chapter, as I read this one, I found myself more glad that you survived your own ordeal. I'm glad you were feeling well enough to post another chapter.
JJ chapter 34 . 7/31/2010
Very glad to see another update. Your portrayal of the emotions the different characters are going thru really carries this story along.
epalladino chapter 34 . 7/31/2010
Thanks for the update. I've been waiting for Mark to wake up and see Jesse. Can't wait to see what's next. Thanks, Beth
keks chapter 34 . 7/29/2010
Ha! Another great chapter. Thanks soo much. And I'm really happy that youa are alright
Gracie'sMom chapter 34 . 7/29/2010
I was SO happy to wake up this morning to an email that you had posted a new chapter! And no need for apology... it was worth the wait!

Sorry to hear about your car, but glad you're ok!

Your writing talent is certainly very impressive. You take familiar characters, put them in new and unfamiliar situations, yet you keep them totally true to form, and the emotion in your writing is honest and raw.

Excellent work! Please update again soon! :-)
j to the d chapter 34 . 7/28/2010
:D you are an amazing writer, this chapter is Great! Mark finally wake YA! Thanks, hope to see more! :)
AnnieBooker chapter 34 . 7/28/2010
I'm so glad you're okay and so glad to see another chapter of this. Just skimmed through till I get time to read later today and the last line brought tears to my eyes.
epalladino chapter 33 . 7/6/2010
It finally looks like things are starting to head toward normal. I hope that Mark wakes up soon. His meeting with Jesse is something to look forard to. Thanks, Beth