Reviews for Best By Far
SelenaWolf chapter 1 . 1/12
Awwwww, cute!
Rosa Cotton chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
Aw, Gimli! That was lovely!
Thunder Stag chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
Too few people delve into he friendship of Legolas and Gimli. You do so quite well. I didn't get the name until you said who it was, though - I'm only about 2/3 of the way through the Silmarilion, if that's where it is.
Dorian Herestor chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
Another wonderfully done ficlet that explores some deep and interesting matters, and also explores some trivial but interesting questions. I mean, why DO girls bate their lashes and giggle like crazy? I'm a girl, and I'm pretty sure I never bated lashes at anyone (I don't even think I know how!), and sure as Hell I don't giggle!
ForeverisGone13 chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
That's so sweet o.o beautiful work, their friendship is really something
Frodo Is the Wrong Hobo chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
i like gimli.
Jedi Arwen Sparrow Winchester chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
Aaaawwww...what a great gift! excellent story, its funny how they were discussing eyelash batting :p
Emily chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
Very nice! : )
Ohtar Vicky chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
Brilliant story! Loved it!

V* :D
AiedailWing chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
originally reviewed on 2009-05-02

I thought mithril was no longer to be found in its pure form... It should be light, lighter than any metal, too. Here you pictured it almost just as any other metal... But that was my only complaint, though. LOL I love this little snippet. Legolas got a surprise present! And it was the one that touched his heart the most too. I wonder how Gimli got the idea; yes, "Elves and their sentimental ideas" (or something like that), but... *shrug*

How could Gimli present Legolas with a fountain? Does it mean that the structure of the fountain was carted from the Glittering Caves to Ithilien then placed somewhere there and be filled by water? Just curious...

I firstly thought it was Mirkwood. LOL The name of Legolas' new settlement was unfamiliar to me. :-[ I never thought that Elves in Mirkwood (where Legolas took his folk from) lived like the Galadrim of Lothlorien. Well, they are 'cousins', but I don't think their living arrangements were the same, even in the years before the Shadow lengthened its power in Greenwood the Great. *shrug*

9/10
Lissa chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
originally reviewed on 2008-06-02

Aww, NiRi, this is just so sweet! I read it before, but very much enjoyed reading it again. :-) The idea of Thranduil and Gimli putting their heads together about the statue of Legolas' mother is very touching.
jada951 chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
originally reviewed on 2008-06-02

a true friend understands and can give a gift that will be treasured, even if it comes in a plain wrapping.

And for L's dad to have Gimi come and do it? Amazing! a gift in and of itself!

VBG
Lindale chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
originally reviewed on 2008-05-04

Good to see someone showing Gimli's tender side.

As normal, excellent.

Lindale
Lilandriel chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
originally reviewed on 2008-05-03

oh, that's lovely! wonderful chapter :)
cairistiona7 chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
originally reviewed on 2008-05-02

This was wonderful-I love fics that show Gimli's tender side, and this one does it in spades. What a thoughtful gesture. A priceless gift worth more than its weight in mithril!