Reviews for Personal
cmf227 chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
Phew. Very sweet. I liked that she contemplated fight or flight, very Brennan.. I think you were lying when you said you have a tough time writing her ;).
Grrlnorth chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
That was lovely. I could shake her, but it was lovely. :)
DaLiza chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
Loved Booth telling Brennan "you are personal. Very personal." and "Sometimes, I forget that I'm not alone anymore." Very sweet and a fitting addition to the episode. Well done!
bravesfan21 chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
As always...amazing! I'm always so excited when I check my mail and see there's a new story from you. Yippee!
iyimgrace chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
Ok, so I thought i had reviewed your other story Not Tonight, after Mayhem but apparently I was only a stalker. Forgive me because I absolutely love your writing. You can achieve an internal dialog that complete conveys their feelings without being heavy or overdone. It's something that i struggle with myself and am a little envious. You have such a beautiful flow to our words and your characterizations are spot on. I look forward to reading more.
bearlee-there chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
Oh gosh. *blushes* Thank you for your kind words, my dear. It was really an honor to get to look at this before you posted.

Truly amazing at epi tags indeed. The changes you made were just right. :) Of course, I really think their interaction was CIC and that Booth drew out her hurt feelings by his admission. His (eventual) vulnerability was completely raw and powerful.

All in all a lovely piece. Booth is such a cocky, confident character on the show, showing so little vulnerability that the struggle he shows in this really rings true. Told essentially from Brennan’s perspective, it is reveled to the reader as it is to her.

The tempo is interesting, too. Almost like time is stretched out in this scene between them but not so the author can provide the reader with exposition and explanations. You allow the characters and their minimal thoughts, eye contact, touches speak for them. It’s very easy to visualize.

And I really can’t say enough about the journey of Brennan’s tears. Starting with a ‘sharp bite in the back of her throat’ to ‘twin lines of moisture on her cheeks’. The entire progression was believable but not overly dramatic. And the fact that they did not specifically talk about them and he did not resort to a “guy hug” made it even better.

I held my breath until Bones stepped back from the 'almost kiss'- very hot though nothing really happened. Like so many moments on the show.

You're an artist, no doubt about it.
Bluesdj chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
Loved the deep emotional intimacy you showed us. Perfect interation, so so them!

Ciao, Ari
crazycamera chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
This was great! nice emotions from it!
fishyfin1 chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
This was beautifully written - loved the artistic descriptions - very vivid. However, i do feel that you could have made Brennan a bit more in character... personally I just felt she was too emotional - not rational enough. Just a bit of my opinion - but the way you wrote here in plausible too. Anyho... still a wonderful fic overall!
CupcakeBean chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
Aw, thanks for the wonderful fluff, m'dear! It was wonderful, as are all your fics. I was having a bit of a rough night last night and this truly made me smile.

"I’m used to doing everything alone. Sometimes, I forget that I’m not alone anymore." This line was so sweet! I love the idea that Booth realizes he's not alone anymore.

"Fight or flight. Fight or flight. Fight or flight." I loved this line as well. I never thought of it that way, but I could see Brennan having a fight or flight reaction to the unknown, especially when it involves her feelings towards Booth.

I always love your fics and this one is no exception. You do such a fantastic job capturing lovely moments between our favorite duo. I can't wait for more! :)
Turbs chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
it's a great story! loved it! :)
blaineanderson chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
"And so she smiled the smile she reserved only for him. He didn’t think she knew what it did to him, but she wasn’t that naïve. It stole his breath in the same way that his answering grin was doing to her now."

Oh, how I love this. The idea, that their individual smiles hold such an impact on the other (whether knowingly or not). And that those smiles that, they give one another are, in a way, just between the two of them.

Just lovely. :)
darcyLoVesmarissa chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
OH MY GOD!

flawless writing!

i was totally wondering about how this conversation went and you captured it perfectly.

GOD!

this is seriously fantastic.

and when he cupped her chin?

i was THIS close to swooning.
Katydid43 chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
Perfect! As always, you are awesome! A very well written tag to a pretty good episode. Thanks again for sharing your talent!
csimesser1 chapter 1 . 5/6/2009