Reviews for Mist and Rain
Oleander's One chapter 5 . 5/21/2012
I think this is the third (or perhaps fourth) time I've read this little jewel - it's one of my very favorites. I can't believe it's taken me this long to leave a review, but better late and all.

One of my indicators for a really well-crafted ff is if I hear the companions/NPCs voice actors when I read the lines, and I can hear Daeghun's VA so clearly here (same for Zev in 'Falling Leaves').

The first time I read it, I did have to think on the pairing and poke it around in my head a bit, because I had always gone the other way in my NWN2 playthroughs - Daeghun as more adoptive father then foster-father. I'm so glad I did, because it is the most delightful story - subtle, careful, with so much told in the silences and the small movements. So much like Daeghun himself. I love that he didn't get pushed OOC to fit the love story - it's still him, just a side that you knew he had to have in there. Someone capable of so much deep pain must be capable of deep affection as well.

Anyway - just a late (a very late) thank you for a story that I'm sure I'll come back to again. :)
AnnikaLisbethCousland chapter 5 . 8/17/2011
I'm going to admit that I had no idea what the romance pairing with Rythien was until the last chapter (slow I know) and when I got to the 'romance' part of it I had to stop reading. Not because it was horrible or the story sucked or any of that. It's just that I don't believe in incest endless dire circumstances call for it. Then as I was thinking about all day I realized a good many things. They are not related what-so-ever, Deaghun has never really shown any of the father type qualities, and you wrote this so beautifully I saw there was nothing wrong with this pairing at all. So without due I say this story is the most moving heart capturing thing I've read on fanfiction. I honestly hope you write another with this pairing sometime in the future.

-Annika
Avenel chapter 5 . 8/13/2011
I just stumbled across this hidden, beautiful little gem. Oh, oh my. So lovely, so poignant. I can't believe I didn't see it until now...

The fine detail in this story is amazing. From the thoughtful wrap-up of MoB and the movement back to Rhythien's beginnings, and how she brings them together in her mind, to the heavy dampness of the marshes, and Dhaegun's silences that say nothing-and-yet-everything, it is a pure joy to read. I found myself racing through the chapters, reading the story so hungrily that at the end, I wanted more.

*happy sigh*

Truly tremendous. I can honestly say that this is my favourite story on the website, and I am now going to add Mist and Rain to my favourites. :)
Peres chapter 5 . 7/14/2011
Simply lovely. The events of both the Original Campaign and Mask - and their effects on Rhythien - are nicely evident without you needing to spell everything out. The writing is beautifully balanced; the relationship is slow, hesitant, tender, and there's so much more than what they say beneath their words, which is as it should be.

There are many genuinely touching moments, from Daeghun's listening to her story, to brushing her hair, and I loved the ten-year-old Rhythien's charcoal dinner.

You took an unusual, yet logical pairing, and made it seem both gently inevitable and right. Well done.
Gaspode chapter 5 . 1/5/2010
A very sweet story. Almost like a meditation on endings. The atmosphere is good. Quiet and thoughtful.

Makes me wonder what you would have done to the whole NWN2 story. There certainly are interesting story lines and characters there. Only Obsidian were so ham fisted with them.
SirMordredX chapter 5 . 5/28/2009
This entire story is beautiful in every way, I love the writing style - the evocative feelings, and the overall atmosphere...

100/100...

I am speechless...
SirMordredX chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
Just after finishing chapter one, I can really appreciate the feeling of this tale in itself - it really captures what was left unsaid at the end of Neverwinter Nights 2, the weariness and pain left within the traveler - and the emptiness inside...

Great job...
sisterpatrick chapter 5 . 5/26/2009
This is beautifully done. The muted tone fits the subject just right; and you've really got Daeghun's character down. Very, very good. I'm glad I stumbled on this story! Keep writing.
Jen chapter 5 . 5/23/2009
I loved this story! It was beautifully written and incredibly atmospheric. The only thing I don't like is that it's over.
BronxWench chapter 5 . 5/18/2009
I'm so torn between being sorry that the story is complete, and being in awe of how well you wrapped it all up. You made the progression of Rhythien and Daeghun's relationship so tentative and yet inevitable, a completion that will heal them both as it grows. Just superb!

Okay, now time for the next story! ;)
Johnswinona chapter 5 . 5/18/2009
I've always had a slight problem with these stories in which Daeghun and his stepdaughter became lovers. When I noticed that your story was developing in this direction, I was rather skeptical. It's still not my favorite ending, but I must say I like the way you told it. Here, it is definitely appropriate and coherent.
Harmakhis chapter 5 . 5/18/2009
Wow! I mean, really, WOW! I just wish it wasn't over.(Sniffle) I don't suppose we could talk you into an epilogue or post-script chapter (or two), like Rhythien and Daeghun several years later...you know, the detailed happy ending all tied up with a big shiny bow? Bribe? Beg?
BronxWench chapter 4 . 5/15/2009
Oh, gods...this was just gorgeous, this chapter. I was literally having gooseflesh as I read, especially when I got to the part where Daeghun combs her hair. This does seem like a natural break point, though, and I cannot wait to see what you have in store! :D
BronxWench chapter 3 . 5/10/2009
And again, the emotional tone and currents in this chapter ring so true. The bond that is emerging between Rhythien and Daeghun is both tender and honest, and there is a growing trust between them, that he can share his own deepest fears and guilt. They are healing each other, it seems, and you write it so gracefully. :D
Maeve's Child chapter 3 . 5/10/2009
I like the story, very interesting characterization and emotions.

One little thing though. You don't "dig up" cabbages. They grow on top of the ground. It's nit-picky, but it sort of threw me off.