Reviews for Chivalry
MadroxMR chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
What an odd pairing. But it is somehow fitting that Ozai would be done the 'kindness' of having Gai as a jailor. I thought you kept everyone in-character and even managed a reasonable blending of the two universes (loved the mention of Lee) in such a short story. Had to laugh at all the indignaties Ozai had to suffer at the hands of his over-enthusiastic jailor. I was a bit surprised that Gai didn't inflict a punishment on himself for letting the grounds get muddy though.
thisloser chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
This is just wonderful! I love the Ozai POV, his sheer endless annoyance with Gai and Gai's cheerful obliviousness. So funny, well written and in character. I would love to see more of this.
ha ha chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
hard on
Eipok chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
LOL! This was so awesome. Really well written, good grammar, good spelling, and funny as all hell. HAHA! If Ozai still had his firebending, Guy would be a blackened crisp by now. Hehe.
Peter kim chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
I feel really sorry for Ozai for having Gai as his guard. It is also the fitting punishment for Ozai as well,having to listen to Gai for his crimes.
Simply Kelp chapter 1 . 5/22/2009
O dear, that was very sweet. It was funny at parts, but it was also serious, which I hadn't really expected, but enjoyed immensely. You've captured both Gai, and Ozai perfectly. I especially liked how Ozai was annoyed at Gai's behaviour, but had sort of resigned himself to Gai's antics.

I especially liked this paragraph:

'How was that supposed to keep him warm? How was it possible to pack so many offensive statements in one over-enthusiastic package? This was the sort of thing Ozai had early on contemplated performing savage murder for, but the few times he attempted a direct assault on his jailor, it had been he who ended up pinned and shamed. And by now, Ozai was more or less used to it. Was it worth showing even a little disdain for? Ozai decided yes. "Ah yes. Rock Lee, the master of a thousand bungled missions. Please, enlighten me on his exploits." '

I really like the way Ozai phrases Gai's character ('so many offensive statements in one over-enthusiasti package'), because that's exactly how I would describe him if I were as clever as you. Not to mention I love Ozai's epithet for Lee...
Retrophilic chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
What the fuck? That was so weird, but kind of cute, in a way. Surprisingly, disturbingly cute. I can't stop imagining Gai carrying Ozai around like a bride now. Even though Ozai's a bad guy, he still treats him like a king. As much as he can, it seems to me, anyways. He's so cool. x) Good job, dude!

Fuck if I don't want to see more of this now.