Reviews for Unexpected consequences
charlie74656 chapter 6 . 3/11/2012
I enjoyed what there is of this story, though I'm kind of waiting for Hermione and Ron to get wake-up calls. I can completely see them having this reaction to Harry disappearing and it's still incredibly selfish of them. Harry had a crap childhood, had all kinds of expectations on his shoulders and then had a very traumatic experience. They don't seem worried about what might have happened to Harry, just about the effect his disappearing had on them.

Ron's all about his own suicide attempt and doesn't seem to care if Harry tried to take his own life. I can see why Harry felt that far down - not just the accident with the child, but the way his whole life had gone and the way he'd been treated by everyone around him, including Dumbledore's manipulations. For Ron, with his family and friends to try that just because of Harry disappearing is - well, Harry probably didn't have great expectations himself of surviving the war in any case.

Hermione, on the other hand seems to feel Harry has no right to any privacy or to have his own feelings or his own life. I get the idea she's less worried about his own state of mind than that he understands that he has to tell her everything and let her be in charge. Which again, I can totally see. And her reaction once he's told her seems to be - okay, you've bared your soul, so I'm willing to let you work a bit harder to become your friend again.

I'm enjoying Snape's quiet support and his offering comfort to Harry, even if he doesn't quite understand why he needs to do so. I like the way that Harry is listening to him. But really I'm waiting for some kind of reaction from other people here to force a confrontation of some kind. Either Ron and Hermione not liking him getting closer to Snape, or Harry being pushed just too far by their holier-than-thou attitude and giving them a piece of his mind or showing them what their actions are doing to him.

I can see Harry not wanting to put any more effort into rebuilding their relationships than he already has and expecting them to do their bit and then drifting away as Snape provides the support that's missing. Especially if Snape can start tutoring him or giving Harry something to do that occupies his time and keeps him away from his so-called friends.

Don't know if you'll ever go back to this one, but I do think it has potential. :)
Twilightfans chapter 6 . 11/5/2010
please update soon, i'm really enjoying reading this story.
bkerrmom1 chapter 6 . 9/4/2010
Yea Hermione is on board at least... hope to see more soon.
SnowKissYuki chapter 6 . 5/7/2010
At least this Ron shows that he may understand how hard Harry's life use to be. Then again, leaving behind your innocence is quite hard and sometimes scary. At least for some, it is.

So anyways, the chapters seem a lot more carefree or soft(?) What I mean is nothing drastic or any danger is happening at the moment. No threats of any kind. Everything just seems to be going at a soft(?) pace.

Continue soon.
SnowKissYuki chapter 5 . 5/3/2010
oh a happy chapter and some interesting developments. continue soon.
EndlesslySnape chapter 5 . 5/3/2010
Great story, I like the Snape you portrayed and obviously the way he seemed to give Harry a little comfort. I can't wait for Ron's reaction... good work!
Deby Magid chapter 5 . 5/3/2010
good fic.
I really liked so far.
sillhouettesinsunsets chapter 4 . 1/31/2010
Please update this story again. I think it's a really nice idea.
tolazytologin chapter 4 . 8/3/2009
This is awesome. Will there be updates soon?
QueenAndromeda chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
Does anyone know the fanfic where Harry goes back in time to 1963 where he adopts Severus because his parents died and becomes his new dad? It was because Harry wanted to stop Severus from becoming the man he was in the present and apparently that spending time in an orphanage is what caused him to be so cold?

It's a story that has Harry changing his name to Aeris Mentis and he's friends with Lucius Malfoy's father and Lucius is really a very shy boy?

Also I think there was a scene where he survived the killing curse a second time and everyone was shocked beyond all reason.
LoveNOThate chapter 4 . 7/16/2009
Very nice so far.
DebsTheSlytherinSnapefan chapter 4 . 7/16/2009
he-he can i have a glass of brandy hahaha
Smiles28 chapter 3 . 5/20/2009
Please update soon, i really love this story :)
NobbyPotter chapter 2 . 5/17/2009
Finally, Harry has someone to talk to. Also, I think you meant to write 2am not 2pm as they are to get up in 5 hours which would be 7am.
TEDeosil chapter 2 . 5/17/2009
Oh! Yay Snape~(ahha, obviously I'm a Snape fan). You did a good job characterising Snape despite saying that he's OOC. Personally, I dont think you could write 'ooc' characters because people arent going to be always 'snarky, greasy gits' or 'snobbish blonds'...experiences and circumstances change people and how they react to certain things might never seem consistent with how they portray themselves from a day-to-day basis. And I just loved how Snape and Potter held hands in the quiet like that... This chapter's very much an improvement and I had a better time reading! Thank you so very much!

“A question, but your questions are generally demands” - I thought that was really funny, and laughed imagining Harry's voice. Oh! And just as a side-note: "What did it sound like?" - there's no need to put the comma after, just as you should put the fullstop before the close inverted commas: "Like you'd rather I ravish you in your loneliness." ) thanks for updating~