Reviews for Tempest Tossed
Florencia7 chapter 23 . 10/3/2009
FANTASTIC chapter! I can't even say that this story is getting better and better, because each chapter is a masterpiece; each chapter is MORE even though it is already MOST.

I have to say that reading about branding is much worse than writing about it 0_0 Or actually... your writing is just so AMAZING that it always intensifies every scene, every moment, bringing it to the level of pure experience, of reality, without missing any sincerely literary values. I'm stunned - as always.

Your Beckett is so PERFECT. His voice in this chapter was dreadfully clearly AUDIBLE. Every word felt so right, I could hear him (which was more than VERY terrifying).

The entire scene was brilliant. With both villains so vividly captured, with Elizabeth's thoughts, the flashback, a perfect glimse of Teague, the overwhelmingly powerful description of branding... and finally the ending lines of this section which I loved - your writing never ceases to AMAZE me.

OH For some reason Jack having a plan always cheers me up! lol

"Once all this mess was sorted he would find some new life, one that he could make himself worthy of." - I love how you kept all (and added a few more too) the tragic features of James' character... without killing him. It's truly wonderful to be able to follow his fate which as I'm convinvced is going to be a special one. You made his character and his path so fascinating in this story.

Barbossa learning about the marriage scene was fantastic! You always portray your characters so thoroughly, making the reader travel through their words, hearts, minds, souls.

A great scheme to be sure! And the reappearance of "not probable" line - wonderful!

I LOVE the scene with James and Calypso. Very beautiful image, of him speaking with the sea. Fantastic.

I can't wait to read more. I LOVE this story so much! ! !
AngrySeaCthulhu chapter 23 . 10/3/2009
Oh Barbossa... hahaha. Great chapter! Update son! :)
Rosewood of Brazil chapter 23 . 10/2/2009
yeay wot a cool chapter!
CabbageMerchant chapter 23 . 10/2/2009
Poor, poor Liz :'(

Great chapter, other than the branding. We just know Beckett's gonna get it good for that! Ah, I AM looking forward to his death. Must say though, I like the idea of Barbs having a soft spot for Lizzie and even going so far as to slightly regret Jack's "death" for her. I swear this just gets better and better and I can't wait for next chapter.

As always, keep the faith!
Florencia7 chapter 22 . 9/27/2009
OMGOMGOMG I think I'll be having a hard time trying to form a coherent sentence or even a thougt right now... O.M.G. What has just happened? I'm so overwhelmed with all the events: all the humor, the thrill of the moment, the wonderful - dangerous but wonderful - tension... and then, all of a sudden everything turned into a HORROR at an instant. How could it happen so fast? One moment I was laughing out loud at "Gottfried Leibniz", and the next one I was frozen to the spot by those magnificently written, horrible scenes 0_0 Why WHY did it have to happen? And I'm so scared that it's only a beginning... To quote Ragetti "“I don’t like this. I don’t like this at all”" (and his initial words in this chapter has suddenly acquired an additional, ominous meaning too...) That was an incredible, amazing, AMAZING chapter. It took my breath away... AND didn't give it back as of yet.

But for the sake of chronology I will try to organize my thoughts a little...

What an awesome image of Gibbs, Pintel and Ragetti at the beginning! It felt like a beautifully classic scene.

"“Tell Barbossa to go into the cabin.”" - aw I could just picture Jack saying it

And I have to say that Barbossa's Cinderella remark was hilarious (even though it was very hard to say because since very recently I choke on the name every time I utter it *tries to distract herself*)

"He turned one more time and reminded Elizabeth to mind the ship and then descended down into the carriage." - That was wonderful All these remarks are always so brilliant. Your writing is fantastic.

"“Mr. and Mrs. John Turner,” Mary said, grasping Jack’s arm tighter." - Jack impersonating a Mr. Turner. I didn't think I'd live long enough to see the day! LOL! Loved it

"“I’ve been saying to me-self, ‘talk like Elizabeth.’”" - Wonderful

For once I wish Mary wouldn't interfere. It might've been quite entertaining to see Jack dance, although I guess Elizabeth wouldn't have liked the idea at all, considering whom he would've been dancing with

OHH Not quite according to the plan. I was actually hoping for everything to go smoothly... or at least... fairly smoothly...

Elizabeth not wishing to leave the Black Pearl with Barbossa :] I just found it very, very endearing.

""Don’t look like a proud husband. Don’t look like a proud husband."" - At this point my heart was already beating furiously, and yet I was irrationally happy about the entire situation. How naive.

"He considered reenacting the moment with her later." - I loved all these remarks. So perfectly, thoroughly JACK.

""The buckles of his shoes reflected the moonlight above them, the rest of him just a shadow."" - That was a GORGEOUS sentence/image. I loved it.

Unfortunately, at that point I was already completely aghast and my condition was only deteriorating... well, it is still deteriorating, and this tendency will not change until the next chapter will be posted.

This chapter was ASTOUNDING. Wonderfully written, fantastic, breathtaking. I can't wait (but dread too! lol) to read more!

I love this story! Your writing is AMAZING.
Florencia7 chapter 21 . 9/22/2009
This chapter was an absolute JOY to read!

For some reason it seems extremely right that Shipwreck Cove of all places should have a beautiful library. And what a lovely Sparrabeth scene! You always capture the happiness between them when they are together so well. I loved Jack's references to their past exchanges.

lol Lovely things to accumulate. I was worried it was something worse or more complicated

"“One of a plethora of reasons I looked forward to marrying you was so that the melding of our wits could impart upon us a certain degree of unstoppability, rather than having us constantly pit them against each other.”" - This is just such an AWESOME sentence! I LOVE it.

Lovely plan they came up with It's so wonderful to see Jack and Elizabeth plotting together. You write all their pirate moments in such a charming way. They're thrilling, humorous, and unpredictable perfect.

"“Don’t tell me ye forgot I owed ye money.” / “It is not the fact you owe, Jack, rather that you paid.”" - Each of your scenes just feel as if it was meant to be. It's so fantastic how you combine Sparrabeth and a complex, multi-character-filled story. All these elements make this tale so unique - and so complete.

It's so great to see Jocard here. I LOVE how you desribe him, how you write him.

Your Jack and Elizabeth's scenes are always, literally breathtaking and this one was no different, with just the right amount of humor, and the ever-present tempest of emotions.

Elizabeth and Governor Swann's conversation was FANTASTIC! So beautifully written. I love the very beginning, the juxtaposition of roles and Elizabeth worrying about her father's safety, forbidding him to go with them.

"“Captain Sparrow,” Swann began. / “Jack, if ye please, sir.”" - ! This is one of those moments that are worth living for! lol! I loved the casual way in which Governor Swann changed the form of address

No wig for Jack of course lol Although I have to say that I gasped at the idea of undreading Jack's hair! Are they really going to do that? ?

The entire conversation was charming. It's hard to put into words just how endearing that family scene was, with everyone feeling at ease with one another, exchanging ideas, throwing in subtle jokes, disagreeing with each other.

OH Mary! I do hope everything will go according to the plan... *eyes the author suspiciously*

ROTFL Elizabeth and Governor Swann teaching Pintel and Ragetti how to dance. Could the world get any better? LOL Or more hilarious for that matter? I ADORED this scene. Such a fantastic idea and so wonderfully written.

"What an odd woman Jackie had picked, he thought, smiling at her. Lady and pirate both." - Teague's remarks are so priceless here. It's always wonderful to see the world from his perspective, to look at it through his eyes.

The idea of Will seeing Mary better than other people is so beautiful. It's what love is all about, isn't it. And the paradoxically literal dimension that the situation is endowed with in this context is brilliant.

That was a WONDERFUL, BRILLIANT chapter. I LOVE this story.

*waiting SO MUCH for more!*
Florencia7 chapter 20 . 9/17/2009
AMAZING chapter! ! !

I loved "dusty tears". The entire scene is so sad - and it is mainly Mary who makes it so sad. There is just something uniquely heartbreaking about the image of her in despair.

I loved the "no" from Calypso. That was a beautiful touch.

And this of course: “Get that man off my helm”

"...and when we ran out of ammunition, we used them as clubs.”" - does Governor Swann realize how wonderfully hilarious he has become? lol He is so charmingly trying to fit. It just stresses how attached he is to Elizabeth and how he truly cares, above all, for her happiness; how much he wants to be a part of her world no matter what kind of world she chooses to live in.

Will's reaction to Jack & Elizabeth's marriage was wonderfully written. A perfect little scene that, I'm sure, lifted weight off everybody's shoulders.

Will & Mary are such a magical pairing! Calypso & Davy Jones just can't compare. Will & Mary seem to be taken out of a fairy tale, and yet there is a glimpse of fierceness, of adventure in their relationship which makes it so very special and enchanting.

"“I love you too, Mary, wings or no wings, human or not human, pirate or no pirate.”" - beautifully said - it's true love indeed.

"You’re King. You’re King, she told herself." - such moments are so precious, these sentences bring the characters so close SO CLOSE that it feels almost like being the characters! You just know them so well, and you write them with such brilliant care to everything they are, everything they want to be.

I LOVE how you write Teague. Your descriptions always seem to somehow encompass him so thoroughly.

You handle group scenes so well. Nobody ever gets forgotten. The scene with all the Lords was fantastic, and now I'm dying to find out what will happen next? ? ? What are you planning? ?

I love this story. It's FASCINATING.
Guest chapter 20 . 9/17/2009
AMAZING chapter! ! !

I loved the "no" from Calypso. That was a beautiful touch.

And this of course: “Get that man off my helm”

I love this story. It's FASCINATING.
Florencia7 chapter 19 . 9/13/2009
*thud*

OMG

...

But maybe I will start from the beginning lol

So clever to start the chapter with Will's name! And the entire scene with Calypso's release was clever too.

I loved the Elizabeth and Bootstrap's scene and how you altered it and included "I'm his wife" :]

"The key about slid right through his soaked fingers, but he clapped his palms together" - I love sentences like these, I love how you always come up with such vivid, fantastic, perfect details.

You write Jack's thoughts beautifully. The way you write them, I can always hear his thoughts as he is thinking them. It's amazing.

"A flash of white ran over his eyes, followed by a touch so feathery and light it made him think of kissing Mary. Mary." - That was gorgeous. It suddenly changed the scene so much. Or maybe not changed... it just opened a new dimension within that scene. When I read that sentence it just brought LIGHT, and I think it brought light to your readers in the same way as it must have brought it to Will at that moment. It was FANTASTIC.

The entire scene is a masterpiece. I love LOVE Will's POV here, I love that you chose to show that scene through him. It makes it absolutely mesmerizing.

Brilliant, breathtaking chapter. I can't wait for more! ! !
AngrySeaCthulhu chapter 19 . 9/13/2009
great ending for the chapter... great chapter :) bloody cliffhangers... :) update soon!
Florencia7 chapter 18 . 9/7/2009
I LOVE your chapters' beginnings! They always make me smile because they make me feel - immediately! - like I was suddenly miraculously transported into your story's world. As if I was suddenly, immediately THERE - among the characters.

Aw James struggling - and in his thoughts too - with how to address Elizabeth was a lovely detail.

I love all James' inner comments concerning Jack

To say that you have the characters' voices mastered is a fact, however, it is not accurate because you have mastered not only their voices, but also their THOUGHTS - THEM in all their complexity.

Jack's quick reaction was so wonderfully written. Your action scenes, even the very short ones, are always so poignant.

I LOVE all the chest complications What is going to happen to the chest? ?

This is MESMERIZING in every possible way.

*waiting !IMPATIENTLY! for more*
CabbageMerchant chapter 18 . 9/6/2009
Argh! A cliffie! And hardly any sparrabeth juicyness! Other than that, a bloody good chapter. It was entertaining, funny, action packed and fast paced. An exellent job was done here. Please update ASAP

Never lose the sparrabeth faith!
Florencia7 chapter 17 . 8/31/2009
The beginning was so beautiful Breathtaking from the very first words. I loved the marriage vows intermezzos. The interlacing was beautiful, all the transitions made in perfect places: “Just like a husband, weaseling out of trouble.” She snuggled deeper into him. / "I do."” Beautiful. I loved: ““I’ve saved the best of me for you.”” Fabulous scene.

Aw There is something so very lovely about the image of Mary worrying about everything so much It seems that while everyone else has managed to make some room for the private sphere, Mary is the one left with thinking predominantly about the most complicated, general issues. It's great, sweet, and funny, and it just adds a wonderful spark to her personality.

OH The Parley! I love how you translated it into your universe. I loved Elizabeth paraphrasing Beckett's words from DMC and the toe of Beckett's boot shuffling into the sand... Your attention to details is spectacular.

I'm SO intrigued. I love all your plot twists. This is so amazing.

The monkey guarding the Piece of Eight haha Wonderful ““Tha…oh. Right. Not me.”“ - lol!

The image of Governor Swann with a pistol holstered in his belt – priceless! And so is the entire scene.

FANTASTIC chapter! I can't wait for the next one! ! !
CabbageMerchant chapter 17 . 8/30/2009
Lolz! First and last bits made me laugh XD.

Brilliant as always! Please don't let this just peter off into nothing. It's too good not to complete! I worship you, O great fanfic genius! You've got all of them so perfectly in character, I still can't believe it! The variation to the original story is very interesting, while not being completely stupid, and I give you a round of applause for that. I give you a round of applause for having Governer Swann fight with them! I give you a round of applause for having Teague call Jack "Jackie" at his wedding service! Hell! I give you a round of applause for everything!

Never loose faith in the greatest ship on the seven seas... SPARRABETH!
Florencia7 chapter 16 . 8/26/2009
I don't think I waited for AWE as impatiently as I wait for each of your chapters!

“It was something out of the stories Annie and Calico would tell at nights under the stars, a hornpipe or two in the background, lovers reuniting after such incredible odds.” - I love seeing the scenes through Mary's eyes, her thoughts endow every scene with a new dimension, and her every appearance sprinkled delicate magic all over the entire tale.

Your Teague is so great. I love the immediate... understanding? Maybe that's not the best word... the immediate sense of familiarity between him and Jack. It's fantastically written. The choice of the place, a memory from Jack's childhood flitting across the scene – everything is marvelously orchestrated. Your scenes are always so incredibly rich and complex.

Will and Mary's scenes are so beautifully ethereal. There is a very magical lightness about them, and when Mary is near him, Will seems more... alive lol I don't know how to express it well. I just love their scenes I can literally feel that they both feel wonderfully comfortable in each other's presence.

““Mum would have said yes,” Jack said, gripping the back of his chair, his elbows jutted out in front of him. / “You’re a might old to be usin’ that tactic.”” - I LOVED this! Beautiful. Just beautiful!

“Lifting his hand, he ran it over the top of Jack’s head. / “Go ask her father, boy.”” - I loved this scene. Your every word is worth (more!) than a thousand images :)

I loved the “sparkling stain”.

Jack and Will's conversation was FABULOUS! haha Your dialogue is priceless. So witty. Awesome scene.

““You were right all along, Will, that the goddess needs someone to guard her at the very least and we all know you are far from the very least.”” - LOL Jack is truly living in you! I love LOVE how you write him, every scene, every word.

“He stood stoic, not bothering to come and offer her his arm as he always had in Port Royal, but they were a long way from that.” - that was so very meaningful and touching... I wonder what the future has in store for James...

““No, no, I’m done,” Jack sighed, still looking at her, cherishing her, loving her with such an intensity Elizabeth had to protest.” - your Sparrabeth scenes are always so beautiful, so full of feelings, of emotional sincerity.

OMG I can't stop blinking myself! LOL What a fantastic, incredible, AMAZING scene to imagine! What a gathering. What an event! (I feel sorry for Will that he, apparently, doesn't merit an invitation, right? lol)

*!waiting very veRY VERY impatiently for more!*
75 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »