Reviews for Tempest Tossed
Florencia7 chapter 16 . 8/26/2009
I don't think I waited for AWE as impatiently as I wait for each of your chapters!

“It was something out of the stories Annie and Calico would tell at nights under the stars, a hornpipe or two in the background, lovers reuniting after such incredible odds.” - I love seeing the scenes through Mary's eyes, her thoughts endow every scene with a new dimension, and her every appearance sprinkled delicate magic all over the entire tale.

Your Teague is so great. I love the immediate... understanding? Maybe that's not the best word... the immediate sense of familiarity between him and Jack. It's fantastically written. The choice of the place, a memory from Jack's childhood flitting across the scene – everything is marvelously orchestrated. Your scenes are always so incredibly rich and complex.

Will and Mary's scenes are so beautifully ethereal. There is a very magical lightness about them, and when Mary is near him, Will seems more... alive lol I don't know how to express it well. I just love their scenes I can literally feel that they both feel wonderfully comfortable in each other's presence.

““Mum would have said yes,” Jack said, gripping the back of his chair, his elbows jutted out in front of him. / “You’re a might old to be usin’ that tactic.”” - I LOVED this! Beautiful. Just beautiful!

“Lifting his hand, he ran it over the top of Jack’s head. / “Go ask her father, boy.”” - I loved this scene. Your every word is worth (more!) than a thousand images :)

I loved the “sparkling stain”.

Jack and Will's conversation was FABULOUS! haha Your dialogue is priceless. So witty. Awesome scene.

““You were right all along, Will, that the goddess needs someone to guard her at the very least and we all know you are far from the very least.”” - LOL Jack is truly living in you! I love LOVE how you write him, every scene, every word.

“He stood stoic, not bothering to come and offer her his arm as he always had in Port Royal, but they were a long way from that.” - that was so very meaningful and touching... I wonder what the future has in store for James...

““No, no, I’m done,” Jack sighed, still looking at her, cherishing her, loving her with such an intensity Elizabeth had to protest.” - your Sparrabeth scenes are always so beautiful, so full of feelings, of emotional sincerity.

OMG I can't stop blinking myself! LOL What a fantastic, incredible, AMAZING scene to imagine! What a gathering. What an event! (I feel sorry for Will that he, apparently, doesn't merit an invitation, right? lol)

*!waiting very veRY VERY impatiently for more!*
CabbageMerchant chapter 16 . 8/25/2009
I can't remember if I've said this before, but... THIS CHAPTER WAS FREAKING AMAZING! I love the poetic nature of your writing style. It is always a joy to read your work and it's been quite a while since I read such a great sparrabeth fic! I gotta feel sorry for Norry, but the dude had it coming. I especially enjoyed the interactions between Jack and Teague. So funny!

Mwa! Brilliant! As always, keep the faith!
CabbageMerchant chapter 15 . 8/23/2009
AH! THIS CHAPTER WAS AMAZING! I adored the whole "Wedding present" thing! Genius! The interactions that you write are perfect, honestly! I have but a humble request... Make the wedding long. Please. You can never have enough sparrabeth fluff!

Mad, MAD kudos.

As always, keep the faith!
callieandjack chapter 7 . 8/22/2009
Loved this chapter! :)
callieandjack chapter 6 . 8/22/2009
So they finally met Mary. I can't wait to read what happens next!

Sincerely yours,

:) ;)
callieandjack chapter 5 . 8/22/2009
Good chapter mate! I wonder where Governor Swann got to...

:) ;) ;)
callieandjack chapter 4 . 8/22/2009
I really liked this chapter. I feel EXTREMELY sorry for Jack. But I have no doubt he'll survive. Awesome chapter mate! Can't wait to read more! :) ;)
Dancequeen105 chapter 15 . 8/22/2009
Yay! Elizabeth and Jack are getting married! I liked this chapter.
Florencia7 chapter 15 . 8/22/2009
I'd really love to see Mary on screen. It would be such a treat to see this entire story filmed! Your writing is so vivid, and the movie would be ready-made Oscar winner.

I loved the image of the Cove, J&E's fingers intertwined, and the conversation, so full of insight, of understanding, conveying the connection between then in such a beautiful way.

I love when Jack calls Elizabeth "love" in this story. It's almost a cliche word in his case, but in your fics it ALWAYS gives me shivers when he says it.

0_o_0 (I'm not sure if the emoticon I attempted to create was very telling... lol so in case it wasn't: I'm absolutely ASTONISHED and ELATED right now! ! !)

"“Would you be my wife?”"

What a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL scene! I love how you portray their relationship - it's subtle, tender, and yet very pirate-y, so very, so perfectly THEM.

"“I do not tire of hearing that.”" - Aww Somehow I can just HEAR Jack say that, and the fact that he actually says it out loud is overpoweringly adorable.

I love their little game of guessing what everybody's reaction would be like! I can't wait to find out too

haha I'm certain that Jack will make his asking for Elizabeth's hand a very... memorable experience for Gov. Swann, with Shakespeare's help or without it!

"“I’m marrying Elizabeth Swann in a matter of hours. Nothing can make me upset.” / She carried the words with her all the way to the bow of the ship." - reading this story is like dreaming a dream; it's all so BEAUTIFULLy written.

The voting scene was fantastic! I LOVED all the additions, and the holding of the hands of course :]

"You’re marrying Lizzie soon. Teague can’t possibly ruin that." - I really hope so too! lol

The description of Teague and his entrance was WONDERFUL.

OHH This is certainly going to be an interesting conversation!

Fantastic chapter! Thank you so much for updating today :]

I LOVE this story! ! !
AngrySeaCthulhu chapter 14 . 8/17/2009
amazing! i especially love the ending of this chapter :) update soon!
Florencia7 chapter 14 . 8/16/2009

I am speechless. That was heart-stoppingly BEAUTIFUL. You captured, depicted, SHOWED their pirate hearts wonderfully well, pouring love, fear, passion, desperation – EVERYTHING into that scene, making it an absolute surprise, and at the same time making it feel totally inevitable.

I can't even type, I'm so amazed by the ending - but I will try to make myself come back to the beginning lol

I love the father and daughter relationship that you built between Gov. Swann and Elizabeth. All their conversations are so natural, the bond between them depicted so well, both in terms of their separate personalities, and it terms of their attitude towards each other. They are very close, and yet there is also an unknown territory between them, certain topics that they're not comfortable discussing together but not because they don't want to, but rather because they just don't know how, or think, for the variety of reasons that they can't or shouldn't... It's all so subtle, but it is all there. It's awesome.

OH Gov. Swann is trying to have a Very Important Conversation, but unfortunately the circumstances are not in his favor lol

The anger it's a perfect emotion there, to express that kind of confusion. You know all the characters so well. I don't think that even T&T know them that well.

The scene from the past was ASTOUNDING! What an amazing moment to recall. I loved the setting, the image of young Elizabeth teaching her father The Song (! ! !) It was an utterly wonderful, unique idea. I loved seeing the Governor at that time through Elizabeth's eyes, the way he spoke to her, his difficulties with addressing a child, Elizabeth asking about sailing the ship to the Caribbean, and finally the idea that it was her father who was telling her stories about pirates! A masterful scene.

I loved the description of what Elizabeth kept hidden in her secret compartment, and then the entire train of thought that led her to admit to herself her greatest secret... BEAUTIFUL!

“She had almost been sure when he came back, standing on the deck with that rifle, the clouds opening for him, the rustling wind heralding his entrance.” - I loved this, because it's actually the first scene that comes to my mind in connection with Jack's feelings! Besides, the sentence itself is just so very beautiful, so vivid and TRANSFIXING!

No hat and no coat. Good. No self-defense attributes. This is promising.

I can't even quote anything right now, because every single word in this scene is a MIRACLE, and perfection embodied. I can SEE them and HEAR them, and my heart is beating so fast as if I was actually there, witnessing the conversation. Your writing makes everything so real, SO TRUE. Your words make their way OUT of the screen, and they just create the WORLD that exceeds all the limits of both the reality and imagination.

I LOVE that they said the actual words to each other and I love how they said them! I love this so much, your writing is BEAUTIFUL.

That was so much more than a chapter. It was a MASTERPIECE. This entire story is a masterpiece and I love every moment & every word of it.

CabbageMerchant chapter 14 . 8/16/2009
HOLYABDSHGOR! FINALLY! *fanfare for sparrabeth* love love love this chapter! Suave Jack always makes me sqeal. How could ANYONE resist that? Especially loved the end line about screaming ;D

The little look into lizzie's past was cool too, but... Zfhzgixgibk SPARRABETH OVERLOAD!

Mad kudos! As always, keep the faith!
AngrySeaCthulhu chapter 13 . 8/14/2009
i like where you're taking it :) i like it a lot :) update soon!

callieandjack chapter 3 . 8/13/2009
Liked the chapter mate! I'll be sure to read more! ;)
CabbageMerchant chapter 13 . 8/13/2009
We need more sparrabeth! Here's hoping something is finally going to happen about jacks bombshell to dearest Weatherby! PLEASE! Great chapter and cliffie at the end. Can't wait for more.

Mad kudos. Keep the sparrabeth faith!
76 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »