Reviews for Tempest Tossed
Florencia7 chapter 13 . 8/13/2009
Amazing chapter! ! ! I love the title (as always )

I LOVE the entire James and “Jack Sparrow’s belongings” theme! It's hilarious AND it feels so right. I'm 100% certain it would've felt like that for James. I love how you write him in these circumstances.

Mary is getting better and better It was a great scene between her and James. Reading your writing is like watching a movie, it's so easy to see everything so very clearly.

I loved the ending of that section, the ray of sunlight, James left alone in a shadowy cabin... Very beautiful and telling.

OH Mary's little scheme seems a bit too perfect lol But I guess it's normal for angels to be optimistic ;) I love how you're weaving the plot making it more and more intriguing and unpredictable.

“The clarity of her words seized him from his seat and placed him high above the clouds, looking at the whole world as one looked down over a map, master of whatever little spot he wanted to claim as his own.” - I loved this image, I could FEEL it. Wonderful.

Your dialogue always astounds me. All the utterances are so elegant, so clever, so witty, so in-character. It's truly amazing. Will and Barbossa conversation was FANTASTIC.

I LOVED this : ““A word of advice then—let’s not get this one marooned with dear Jack, shall we?”” - LOL

“How's it coming” call back was TERRIFIC! You are brilliant. Beautiful scene.

““How did steering the ship go?” / “Illuminating,” she thought he said in a strained manner.” - I loved this You always use most perfect words.

AH Interruption! Not now! ! !

Good. Just a note from dear William lol

I love how you write multi-character scenes. You never forget anyone, and you make each scene vital for the plot.

I held my breath during the James, Beckett, Davy Jones scene. It was wonderfully written and I CAN'T WAIT for the next chapter already!

This story is MESMERIZING.
royalpinkdogs chapter 7 . 8/12/2009
...a kingdom for a stage and princes to act...

oh-I love HENRY THE V

WHAT A MAN, AND WHAT A PLAY OL' WILL SHAH-KES-PEER-EE WROTE ABOUT HIM...
royalpinkdogs chapter 4 . 8/12/2009
Arma virumque cano...

gad, translating that muck was terrible, but to have it inspire more of your story makes it all worthwhile...
royalpinkdogs chapter 3 . 8/12/2009
"The Tempest" meets "The Odyssey" meets "Three's Company"

how wonderful! So Barbossa is Caliban and there's no Penelope at home, but Crissy is still dumb. I LOVE IT!
Florencia7 chapter 12 . 8/9/2009
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG! ! ! ! ! ! !

I didn't see THAT coming! ! ! Maybe I should've, because of the title, but I didn't! ! !

Please, PLEASE, you HAVE to update like... NOW! ! ! ! ! ! !

I think I need several minutes to calm down lol

OK. But let's start from the beginning.

The understanding, or perhaps not even understanding just yet... but that kind of a special connection between Mary and Will is very compelling. Your portrayals of ALL the characters ring SO true, and Will is no exception. I love how you write him. (You actually made my... how should I put it... like him?... lol)

I also like very much your take on Calypso. You show her “moodiness” in a different light, giving her additional depth via showing her through Mary's eyes and the overall characterization is just fantastic.

I LOVE how your tone of narration changes when you shift the attention from one group of characters to another, or even simply between single characters. Like when you start Jack section. The very first sentence, first description already sounds SO JACK. Your sense of characters is just perfect.

““I’m out!” he heard him shout. Announce it to the whole world, Gibbs.” - lol Lovely!

I love Jack's intervention, and the short Jack/Lizzie banter. Perfect as always! You always make them say the right things.

“...the two of them alone on the deck, not looking at one another but immersed in their own proximity.” - gorgeous sentence and a beautiful callback!

“Since then Elizabeth had been one surprise after another, and yet, not a surprise, as he seemed to understand the thought process behind everything she did and had a suspicion that it was the same for her with him.” - you could write a Sparrabeth manual! Your insight is WONDERFUL.

OH I adored this: ““Good Lord, it was sometimes as if she had been custom-designed for him.””

I shouldn't be happy about Gov. Swann interrupting SPARRABETH! lol but the scene with him, Jack, Lizzie, Gibbs is just DELIGHTFUL! I LOVED “...Swann said, moving in as if he were to take the helm. “Go get dressed.”” and “She’ll want to wear something warmer, won’t she, Captain Sparrow?”” - Hilarious! All the looks & words in that scene are TOTALLY awesome!

& One of my favorites! Gov. Swann and Jack bonding time!

“...a fitting setting to foreshadow facing Teague again.” - the details, as always, keep me astounded.

““I carried that single shot for ten years because Barbossa was out of my line of sight for ten years and shooting at him would have done no good in those ten years,” he said.” - There should be an award for Best Jack's Voice and you should get it!

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

*is speechless*

Poor Gov. Swann! Why is everybody being so honest with him? lol! I hope he will survive all of that! It's going to be a trying journey for him, no doubt!

Yes, you guessed it. I LOVED this chapter! ! ! It was FANTASTIC!

*biting nails in anticipation*
callieandjack chapter 2 . 8/7/2009
Good job mate! ;) :)
callieandjack chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
Really awesome beginning! I loved it! :P ;)
CabbageMerchant chapter 12 . 8/7/2009
OMG this was freaking amazing! I don't think I've ever come across a fic that has Jack talking to Governer Swann about Elizabeth. It's genius! I love when characters confess to someone else, before to the actual person. I can not wait to read about the reaction to that little doozy XD I've probably said this before, but I'll reiterate it. You write Jack so perfectly, It's scary. And a nice touch with the Shakespeare :D

Keep the sparrabeth faith!
Florencia7 chapter 11 . 8/3/2009
I just can't wait till the ending of this review to say it: please, UPDATE SOON! :)

I love how you always keep the characters true to their complicated personalities, how you catch & convey the small ambiguities that surround them, like Elizabeth enjoying the bath despite the grimly uncertain circumstances.

I loved the entire conversation. You are so GREAT with the characters' voices - in general AND in particular situations (like here with Elizabeth/Calypso voice).

Your writing is too vivid. The scene with Wei Bo was very terrifying. I'm still scared, I guess I will need to read on to see whether I should stop being or remain scared! lol

Poor Jack. Visiting old ghosts is never fun.

OHH: “Come on now, mate, you’re Captain Jack Sparrow. If she can finish you off, Wei Bo is no match for her.” - THANK YOU! I found it a bit distressing that in AWE they made it seem like Jack didn't even spend a single minute thinking about Elizabeth being on the Empress. I'm so happy that you included a glimpse of him actually worrying about her.

The Jack and Beckett conversation was brilliantly done. It gave me shivers lol Your Beckett is too real, and there is just something so vulnerable about Jack in this entire situation. It's not like we should worry about his survival – because he is perseverance embodied. However, lots of things may happen to a person while said person is trying to survive, and this is what makes the reader's hearts clench – thinking about what Jack must have gone through in his life, and what he might be forced to go through in the future...

I'm sorry for the total non-clarity of the argument above lol To cut the long story short: you write Jack PERFECTLY.

I loved the little chess queen scene.

And Jack to the rescue! I love your motivation pattern that you ascribe to Jack. And I loved that he gave up his pistol for Gibbs. I loved ““Do not lose that!”” there too

AHH What a reunion! Fabulous! So creative I couldn't have imagined it any better! It was wonderful! THIS SCENE SHOULD BE FILMED IMMEDIATELY!

““Where’s everyone else?” God, she always made demands when he was preoccupied with other matters.” - lol Wonderful line!

I loved LOVED this chapter! (and the chapter's title! :)
CabbageMerchant chapter 11 . 8/1/2009
OMG! Freaking amazing chappie. Needs a tad more sparrabeth, but other than that, brilliant story! Update ASAP! LYLT
teapirategirl chapter 10 . 7/30/2009
Oh my! Things are getting very exciting. Elizabeth is certainly holding her own.

"Drunk is more likely what she is." LOL! What a classic Jack line!

Things are taking an interesting turn and I can't wait to see what will happen. Will there be a Beckett/Jack conversation like the one in the movie?

I'm also curious as to what will happen to Lizzie and how they will all get to the cove! I'm on the edge of my sea.

Also, the short Gibbs vs. Swann exchange has me thinking that Gibbs/Gov. Swann actually make quite the comic duo and I'm glad you're taking them onboard with Elizabeth.

CANNOT wait for more of this delightful story! Every character seems completely...well, in character.
Florencia7 chapter 10 . 7/29/2009
This is TERRIFIC! Your writing, the way you orchestrate all the scenes is so fascinating, so mesmerizing. I love reading this story.

““What ship is that next to the Endeavor?” he heard behind him. Bugger. How did he always wind up next to her?” - You convey Jack's inner emotional life so well

Jack's voice is absolutely perfect in this story. I know I keep repeating myself, but your Jack is just so fantastically, thoroughly JACK!

“Be in the moment, this moment, right now.” - this gave me shivers. Such moments, such sentences make a writer - a Writer. Beautiful. I loved this.

Jack's exhilaration was a great touch.

I LOVED Governor Swann's “final look of terror”, Barbossa's hat, Elizabeth remembering Will's lessons... You're a master of literary details!

I loved James and Elizabeth fighting together! What an awesome scene, and a fantastic idea.

LOL Mercer defeated with a pan! Too good!

The brief exchange between Marty and Jack was HILARIOUS!

““But you and I have just gotten reacquainted,” Jack tried. “We’ll just have to reschedule with the various other old acquaintances.”” - again, perfect Jack.

The entire scene is so complex, so wonderfully written. I loved it.

OH Gov. Swann caught me off guard with his wonderful, PERFECT creativity! Fantastic!

Wei Bo scares me more than Sao Feng, though, so I'm really curious to see how Elizabeth and her attendants will handle the situation!

Awesome chapter! *waiting impatiently for more*
CabbageMerchant chapter 10 . 7/28/2009
OMG! Jack's in trouble now!

I greatly admire your fightfic writing. I couldn't do a decent one to save my life XD please update soon!

Keep the sparrabeth faith!
Florencia7 chapter 9 . 7/21/2009
Amazing! I was dying to read this chapter and I was right. That was fantastic. To say that you do the characters justice would be an understatement. You make the characters true and ALIVE in every possible way. Your writing is so insightful.

“Let’s give this another go, shall we” - one of the most wonderful things about your writing is that when I start reading your chapters I feel like I'm about to meet Jack. In person. Right here. Right now.

Jack's perfectly troubled in Tia Dalma's presence. I guess it does take a supernatural being to make him a tiny little bit less confident than usual

““I think he’s an admiral now, Jack.” / “A rose by any other name would smell as sweet and said rose has a nice heaving into the brig ahead of him, savvy?”” - haha Wonderful! Gibbs and Jack's interactions are so great here.

Oh yes, Will to the brig! Great idea! lol

I loved Elizabeth subconsciously flinching at being ordered to do something. Also I loved how you effortlessly included a vital piece of information – Sao Feng's death – in this scene.

A very lovely scene of Elizabeth occupying herself with sewing (although not altruistically of course Pirate! lol), and THEN:

The conversation between Elizabeth and her father is BRILLIANT. I love LOVE looking at their situation, at the crew, at Jack through Gov. Swann's eyes. I think you portray him, and capture his confusion, concern, exasperation, anxiety perfectly!

And last but not least, I love the ending of this chapter! It couldn't have been better. (I loved James' role in this scene too. Your sense of humor is so literary, I LOVE it.)

FANTASTIC chapter! I can't wait for MORE! :)
CabbageMerchant chapter 9 . 7/19/2009
This is an amazing story. Most of the characters are scarily in character but still hilarious in their own ways. I especially love Pintel and Ragetti, but we need more sparrabeth! I'm so happy this fandom hasn't completely died. Keep the faith!
76 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »