Reviews for Tempest Tossed
teapirategirl chapter 9 . 7/19/2009
LOVE the Shakespeare references in this chapter. The "rose by any other name" and the "bashful sincerity" one. Very nice chapter.

I love the way you handled Will and Elizabeth. I hate how some people automatically cast Will aside so Jack and Lizzie can be together but you did them justice. Their love is still evident, as is their determination and frustration with their relationship. They've hurt each other by lying but they still trust each other. They are having doubts about getting married but they aren't just giving up without trying.

Haha! I don't know WHY but when they mentioned the brother/sister love, I sorta imagined a Star Wars type scene for Lizzie and Jack:

Jack-You love him. Don't you?

Elizabeth-Yes

Jack-All right. I understand. Fine. When he comes back, I won't get in the way

Elizabeth-Oh Jack, it's not like that. He's my brother...sorta...ish

Always said WE were like brother and sister!

I can't wait for this story to unravel. Can't wait to see what you have in store for them. To see what happens with JE, Mary and the rest,

Best part is when I was checking for this update I saw some more posts by YOU in my inbox and I will be running off and reading them NOW.
teapirategirl chapter 8 . 7/16/2009
My dearest darling! You keep getting better and better. Why, I've been out of the game for so long. Far too long. I was busy with exams and then with a series of trips. I'm back! I've missed it!

I think this is the one of the best fics you've written yet. You set the tone so beautifully at the beginning of the chapter. You draw the reader into your perfectly designed web of "intrigue". then you build up the emotions, relationships and plot perfectly. The humor is beautiful! I wonder if your "Unintentionally Funny Jack" scene didn't mirror COTBP scene where he finds that "the rum is gone" and freaks out. You captured that same comical panic in this fic!

AND this fic is as rich in literary references as Pulp Fiction was in film references. I love to pick out the references and chuckle. Always knew that Jack kept good books in his cabin and quoted them in his head.

Another point...I really enjoy the more serious, dramatic tone POTC fics usually have! I love it! But a fun-er, more fantastical type fic was long overdue and you, my dear piratey friend, sure do deliver. You use the same ratio of drama/adventure/humor/romance that the original films introduce with just a dash of extra romance and character(and let's face it...romance and character were the best parts about the films anyways)

I have no idea which way you will spin us next but I don't mind the suspense. I guess now that they're all on the Pearl and on their way out of the locker things are bound to be very interesting. ...ALL ON ONE SHIP? The horror! Good luck writing them.

I hope your update very soon. The fandom IS NOT DEAD! We love your fics, nay we worship them! I swear I keep asking EVERYONE to read because what you write isn't just good fanfic...it's good writing.

Jez Louise! I've gone on for too long. I'm afraid you'll be thinking I'm using flattery to manipulate you into updating.I wouldn't do that. That would be a very Jack thing to do. Though I dare say he'd be subtler.

Thank you for saving me from boredom and curse you for restarting my obsession with fanfiction! UPDATE!

P.S: You Pintel and Ragetti are the best! They beat Tweedledee and Tweedledum in every way. Their commentary of the four-way fight in the last chapter was in character and better than the actual commentary they gave to the three-way fight in DMC. You rock my socks!
AngrySeaCthulhu chapter 8 . 7/16/2009
great chapter! update soon! :)

~MiMi
Florencia7 chapter 8 . 7/15/2009
What a ride! Amazing chapter. I love your sense of humor, and your pacing is breathtaking. I'm always amazed by how you arrange everything, all the scenes, all the characters. And there are so many characters to take care of! But you're so exceptionally good at handling so many characters and subplots, that I think you don't even need to kill anyone! ;)

“...and she did it all for that stupid monkey.” He averted Barbossa’s glare.” - So wonderful! Have I mentioned how much I love love love how you handle all the details interlacing them so beautifully with your fantastic descriptions and conversations?

OH I like Gibbs' mysterious version of the legend very much. Not to mention that you OWN Gibbs! Truly. His voice is absolutely perfect here. I can see him & hear him & this is SO MUCH JOY to read! Fantastic.

I always smile when Mary appears You have such an amazing intuition when it comes to characters, whether those already existing, or new ones, it doesn't matter. You make them ALL ORIGINAL and fascinating from the start - or anew.

It's going to be a trying trip for Governor Swann. I can't wait to see what you will do with him! He's got lots of potential that T&T so mercilessly ignored

““Was I not supposed to mention that?” Ragetti whispered to Pintel.” - Can it get more perfect yet? This is fantastic! I LOVE your Pintel and Ragetti!

[I'm totally in love with this story ! ! ! – just wanted to say it in case it isn't clear yet ]

The entire reunion scene is a MASTERPIECE.

““My daughter’s fighting Captain Barbossa,” Swann uttered, all breath knocked out of him.” - Lovely

All the characters' lines in this scene are so brilliant. I really can't get over how brilliant they are!

I love this so much. I can't wait to read more!
EllieInLove chapter 2 . 7/11/2009
Aside from some spelling errors, this is wonderfully written. I think you have a good grasp on the characters and look forward to more interaction with them. Your dialogue is fantastic.

I only wish there was more build-up between Jack and Elizabeth.

Good job.
Florencia7 chapter 7 . 7/9/2009
Amazing chapter! I don't know how you do it, but each chapter is more amazing than the previous one, even though the first chapter was already absolutely fantastic!

“The hem of his long royal blue coat rustled from a slight breeze.” - I loved this, I love how you care about such details, and yet there are never too many of them, just enough to make the reader's heart flutter. Beautiful.

I loved James' memory interlaced with his attempt to start a fire... You always combine the material reality with thoughts so perfectly, with the amazing intuition of a true writer.

Fantastic scene. There is so much magic in this story – in more than one sense.

LOL You write Pintel and Ragetti so well! They are more & more hilarious in each chapter! For some reason I also love the image of Jack and Elizabeth being stuck with them in the middle of nowhere It's both nightmarishly hilarious (or hilariously nightmarish haha) – just LOVELY! Wonderful idea!

OH This “Come here.” gave me SHIVERS. The atmosphere in this scene is so fantastic, I was holding my breath while reading it.

*is unable to form a coherent sentence for a long time*

That was BRILLIANT! How you combine the fire making (!) with all those emotions, movements, gestures... and then the spark at the end, caught in between what was really happening and between all the figments of their imagination... The tension was so beautiful – so beautifully written. Amazing scene. (And I love how you make fire the recurring theme of this chapter.)

Mary! She is wonderful. I love what you're doing with the plot, with all the subplots, all the characters. & As always, I'm very fond of all your scenes involving Will lol

“His eyes immediately shifted to the entrance of the tent, expecting them to walk in like it was a normal day for everyone and take the spare pillows.” - I loved this

The ending was so dream-like. So many mysteries are about to unfold, aren't they? Beautiful, amazing chapter. I can't wait for more!
Florencia7 chapter 6 . 7/3/2009
SO FABULOUS!

I LOVED this chapter! & I love all the literary sub-texts, they're wonderful!

The first image of Jack – so perfect, with all the details, and then the humor, the beauty of the situation. You couldn't have written this scene better! It's wonderful. His thoughts, his feelings that he admits to himself, the glimpse of inner conflict, the contemplation... There is SO MUCH in such a short scene, a moment caught in between all the fast-paced, fascinating madness and mystery. I love LOVE how you captured the feeling in his eyes, his gestures, his thoughts – you captured it perfectly. It's both subtle and passionate: your trademark combination that always amazes me.

LOL Poor Jack. I think that shirtless Pintel is the last thing he expected to see (feel? LOL) at that particular moment

“Unable to even breathe, he grappled with it, slapping it every which way until it was no longer inside out, and threw it on over his head.” - I loved this! It's one of those brilliant little moments that your stories are always so wonderfully full of!

“Dry. Of course it should be dry. Sun was out, was it not? That was the event that made the most sense as of late.” - I know it's like stating (re-re-re-stating) the obvious, but... you have Jack's voice so absolutely mastered!

I loved this, for so many reasons: “It seemed like that was the gist of their relationship, a constant back-and-forth of playing with each other’s lives…when they weren’t removing each other’s clothing, that is.” - WONDERFUL!

“So to join them or not to join them—that was the question.” *adores* (& btw I think you should seriously consider writing a PotC/Shakespeare crossover!)

The exchange between Jack & Elizabeth was wonderful! I love how you portray them both, how you let us see what is going on in Jack's head.

I love all the supernatural elements and Mary of course! You weave together the reality and magic so effortlessly! This is story is so fascinating, so creative. I LOVE IT!

*waiting impatiently for more & more & MORE*
Florencia7 chapter 5 . 7/1/2009
Wonderful chapter! This journey is becoming more and more complex and fascinating!

I adore your Barbossa. And Gibbs. The entire dialogue is fantastic, so much adventure in words alone. It's really amazing. I can HEAR them speak. You know all these characters so well.

& I know I keep saying this, but I love your Will! His thoughts, his POV is so interesting to follow here.

Governor Swann and James! It's so wonderful to see them here as well. I love the entire backstory of how Beckett wanted to get rid of them. And I love the conversation in this scene, how they address each other, it's so fantastic, so in-character - just PERFECT!

I'm loving this so much.
Florencia7 chapter 4 . 6/25/2009
This is FANTASTIC! The last scene is so hilarious What a great idea - all of your ideas, this is so SO incredible, the entire plot, all those different elements, genres! Adventure, drama, fantasy, romance, mystery, grotesque... You control everything so beautifully. It is fascinating, and unpredictable. You have an amazing intuition what to write, how to write it to retain a perfect balance, and yet make the story ultimately amazing and imaginative.

I loved the first scene! This is so refreshing, this part of the plot provides such a unique framework for the entire story, and it also gives me, somehow, peace of mind, because it makes me feel as if nothing truly bad could happen, or rather that no matter what will happen, everything will be taken care of, because there are some higher forces not exactly ruling, but watching & interfering. The characters are alone, and yet not quite... It's just thrilling, and I'm probably unable to properly express just how happy this plot line makes me But it really does.

"She about dropped the pistol with the speed her shoulder slumped." - I love this paragraph, it's brilliant! It's not only Jack who lives in your head, but Elizabeth too! I love how you write characters' thoughts, their emotions. How you capture everything - inside of them & outside them - so perfectly!

Your Pintel and Ragetti are just too perfect! That was such an awesome scene! (I only wish Will could witness it as well LOL)

Wonderful chapter!

& Since it's my Birthday today, I will be bold & demand that you post the next chapter very, very, VERY SOON or even SOONER than soon!
Vampiratelady chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
Continue this story, it is truly interesting as we all know that there are fewer moments between Jack and Elizabeth in the third movie than in the second.

You've used Jack's persona quite fitting in your story.

William, being the opposite scale about his fiancee and Jack; also the very observant person, also adds to bring Jack and Elizabeth's relationship in the story more nicely.

And the other characters are not neglected. :D

Love to read more!
Lutherian chapter 3 . 6/22/2009
I like it.
Lutherian chapter 2 . 6/22/2009
I loved it. Tia Dalma was good.I thought I noticed Mary Read. :) Nice bit of pirate history there.
Florencia7 chapter 3 . 6/22/2009
Fascinating chapter! I have no idea what may possibly happen next? I love how wonderfully unpredictable this story is!

“You can feel it, can’t you? You can feel the seas, the rain, even the sky—all squashed together in a manmade cage,” he sighed. “A grievous error.”” - This scene is so mystical, so beautiful, like a rainy day by the sea. I love how you create the atmosphere with such stunning immediacy, from the very beginning; the very first sentence - and the world you describe immediately IS.

I don't know how you do it, but your Will is always SO interesting. Bright and interesting, and quite scary because of these qualities.

Barbossa's voice is perfect. All the characters are so REAL. I must have said this before more than once, but I have to say it again: reading your story feels like being in it!

I love the scene with the coat, the rain – you always come up with the most brilliant details.

I'm very intrigued by what it was that Will saw... And “Lizzie”! That's a wonderful point. I wonder what he will make out of it...

The scene with Beckett was chilling and terrifying. What is going to happen to Governor Swann? I do hope that... somebody will rescue him...

Luckily, Pintel and Ragetti brought some hope with them! Even though they might prove more troublesome than useful lol Hopefully, Elizabeth will find a way out... or in... or out..?... I don't even know where she is! And this is only one of the reasons why you have to update very VERY VERY SOON!
Jaeh chapter 2 . 5/11/2009
This is awesome. everyone's IC, the way it's written is just great...

Way, way way better than AWE.

I'll be following this! Awesome stuff Willo!

-Jaeh :)

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Hi, I'm.. er, Jaeh, a friend of Willo online and she told me to post her message after I post my review... well, here's her message:

"I will not be able to access on a regular basis for the following four months due to my military commitment. Please do not lose patience. Instead, consider the story on hiatus. When I return home, the story should be complete and a new chapter posted on a weekly basis. Thank you for your time, reviews, and patience."

- Willofthewisp
Florencia7 chapter 2 . 5/6/2009
First of all, I LOVE the idea of you (re)writing AWE! There are so many missing moments, so many points that have never been addressed, and as I was reading this chapter everything was falling into place. You are so wonderful at writing all of those characters! And I'm in awe at how you write Jack. I don't know if saying that it seems you know him extremely well would suffice... It actually feels as if you WERE him.

I loved Jack's musings - and all the descriptions. This is exactly how everything should be. It's PERFECT.

"“And what?” He almost grinned, that fire back in her voice, challenging him to continue." - That's so great, your grasp of all the conflicting feelings is fantastic. I loved the glance at the pistol, all the details. This is so VIVID, I can't read a paragraph without holding my breath!

I love LOVE how you write Jack. I'm sorry for reapeating myself, but it's just so amazing, his every sentence, every thought is just PERFECT.

"Make it up to you?" - That was an absolutely GREAT SCENE. Breathtaking. Literally.

And I just loved this: “Mr. Cotton, start scraping the Pearl. I’ll not have anything from this place sticking to her. Parrot…” -

As for Tia Dalma, I could HEAR her and see her. The scene at the end was wonderfully written.

I'm so intrigued - and so impatient to find out what will happen, and also to just read the next chapters, because reading your stories is wonderful in itself, I LOVE your style!
76 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 Next »