Reviews for Smile
stefaniegk chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
I really enjoyed this, it was sweet, simple, and true. Thank you.
Sci F.I. Warper chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
I think...I think there might be something in my eye...

Oh. This was...Nate actually put his drink down...and he was smiling...and it wasn't scary...and...kittens!

Yeah, sorry, my brain sputtered there a little. *sighs happily* It's nice to see "mom" and "dad" tuck the kids in. And extremely nice to see Nate get that boost of confidence having everyone safely home.
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
Loved this.
pdljmpr6 chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
What a beautiful, soft, quiet picture you painted. Sophie's concern an Nate's peace were palpable. And the way u described the job, the way the other three had ended up afterward, great job. I love it.

Pj
Kater85 chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
Fantastic story! Love how much of a family they've become and you captured that perfectly :)
Meatball42 chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
Very sweet. You can really see how much more like a family they are, especially the younger three. Nice to see Nate's soft side.
Daigh chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
Lovely little scene! Despite the fact that you don't describe the scene Nate is watching in much detail you still allow us to "see" what is happening. While using words sparingly, you've still been able to capture the essence of each character perfectly. You are a very talented writer and I'm looking forward to your next story. Thanks for sharing!
Oreogeek chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
Wow. This was very good. I like that Nate wasn't drinking and reasonably happy. They are a family.
QuimbyCub chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
That made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It was quite beautiful really. Good job.

M

Ps I never thought about there being a right or wrong side to a sunrise. Now I have to consider it. Thanks.
Felicia chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
I love it. Great job capturing the tone of the series and how far they have come.
Jasmine628 chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
"...she hated staying up through one day and into the next - that it felt like she was watching the sunrise from the wrong side." Hey! That's from Buffy! Tara said that right?
Medie Shanachie chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
oh i so totally loved this for so many reasons. just the idea of the three in a puppy pile and nate finding it enduring. *hugs* this was awesome!
Library Bum chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
That was so sweet, keep up the good work.
Carlier36 chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
Aw. That is so SWEET! Beautifully written. I love the way you characterize them all. Very well done!
cmk418 chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
I really enjoyed this story. It was nice seeing Nate in a paternal moment with the rest of the group. And I really liked this description -

She watched as Nate took the throw from the back of a chair, and gently settled it over the three young thieves who laid sprawled across the couch, a tangle of dark and gold and white limbs, like a litter of kittens snuggled together for warmth.

Very well done!