Reviews for Listen
Shadowy Game chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Wow. Perfectly in character. And I like how you included Tobias and Jake's first meeting.
Viridian Phoenix chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
It's almost like you could be Jake's biographer - somehow you manage to give him a humanity through his thoughts and emotions, and better yet, the way you write makes the reader feel them.

One of the main reasons why Jake is my favorite character is because even though he lives behind his brother's shadow, he loves the guy to pieces still. I remember when I read 'The Android' and he told Erek that the Yeerks have his brother and he would do anything to get him back - that for me was the best part of the whole series.
powertrash chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
I really enjoyed that. Great character study. What got me was your portrayal of Tobias. The sudden sharpness in his voice echos the way he sees the world throughout most of the series.
KityPryde chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
Seriously Awesome job. Short, sweet, and powerful too. You have a talent for writing. :)
OnlyANorthernSong chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
That was really cool- I can even see Tobias saying it- That was amazing! D
Riza-san chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
Wow. Just wow.

I am well and truly impressed. It was quite a bit larger than some of your previous work, but that certainly didn't taint the quality.

Jake always did feel a bit like that in the series, didn't he? It seemed that he was always trying to live up to his Tom's shadow.

But what Tobias said was certainly right. It may have meant nothing to Jake, but it meant something to Tobias. Good on him for knocking some sense into him.

It's a bit hard to interpret everything from this style into words. I know mentality what is written and what it all means, but when I try to type it, it gets a bit hard to explain and express my opinions on it.

Anyway, thanks for yet another great piece. Please add more soon!