Reviews for Down the Line
Kitty in the Box chapter 1 . 11/12/2019
OMG I am so happy I found this fic. thank you Recommended Stories! my gosh this was brilliant, emotional, loving and reflective. I love stories where Yamcha is not portrayed as some villain or a nincompoop. a lot of writers seem to forget that he was a very significant character in the series. he's always been kind hearted and team player. it's a perennial problem to keep sizing him up with Vegeta who is a league of his own. it's unfair. there was love between Yamcha and Bulma. they were together for many years before the Saiyan saga. we shouldn't ever forget that. I absolutely love this fic.
Sailor Dragonball 87 chapter 1 . 12/11/2016
Awww...that was so cute! You should do more fics like this one!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/13/2016
Oh god this is amazing the visuals are great especially in the penultimate section thank you goodbye
Prl16 chapter 1 . 8/19/2015
So lovely. One of the best Yamcha's story I've read.
Dino-Rogue chapter 1 . 7/21/2014
Different, more mature... and lovely. Very good. This is their story... Trunks' story, Yamcha's story. Yes, especially Yamcha's.
"Uncle Yama, punching bag, playmate, ice cream-buyer, slow old man, a speck next to his father.
A storyteller with time on his hands, and an imaginative, story-hungry child." Woah... That, that told me everything.

Great job, excellent DBZ writing, as always!
feedthegrimmjows chapter 1 . 8/15/2013
I really enjoyed this piece. It was a really interesting take, and it was cool that you used Yamcha for this, since I don't find a lot of people write about him. Great job!
low on inspiration chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
I really enjoyed reading this! While I do like Bulma/Vegeta, I do like the whole 'first love' aspect of Bulma/Yamcha and I really liked how you explored that and tied it into an uncle/nephew relationship with Yamcha and Trunks. I liked how you jumped around in time and still managed to make everything flow really well.
misskes chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
I've read your story several times since I first found it and it's still one of my favorites. The part with Bulma and Yamcha in the car during Trunks' birthday is my favorite. The whole mood of that part of the story is just brilliant and the double meanings to what they say to each other was great. This is a wonderfully written story. Kudos
I'mHumanISwear chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Cute and unique. I have never been Yamcha's biggest fan but you do him really well. Very... well.., human. Great job.
PianoxForte chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
I can't seem to formulate words to describe how I feel about this. I don't think that I'm going to feel the same way about Yamcha ever again. I feel kind of guilty because I've always seemed to dislike him or regard him with indifference with no apparent reason to feel that way. I haven’t seen Dragon Ball since it aired on Toonami when I was like 12, but now that I think about it, Yamcha used to be an important character. It saddens me to think about how he was just pushed aside in Dragon Ball Z. To be perfectly honest, I don’t even remember what happened to him after the Cell saga. I'm sure he’s still there, but I can’t think of one instance in which he had any bit of importance at all. Thank you for writing this. I would like to think that this is how his life went. Your story made me sad – my eyes even watered for a bit there. However, at least now he seems as if he actually exists in the realm of 'later' DBZ. Ugh! Sorry for rambling! I really enjoyed this! You’re writing style is great! I’m going to favorite this for sure! :-)
great gospel chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
Gosh, I feel like crying now. Way to rip out my heart and shred it into pieces. D:

Anyway, this was a really great and well thought out speulative look on Yamcha and Trunks' relationship. We know from some of the manga art that Yamcha helped take care of him as a baby, but there was so much more potential for that relationship, and I do believe you filled in the blanks quite nicely. I can't help but feel bad for old Yamcha, a favourite of mine. No matter what he does, he always takes second place - with the woman he loves, with the child that could have been his, and even as a fighter, what with the Saiyans showing everyone up. And you made that fact perfectly clear. But what made this piece truly excellent was that you showed how he's just kept on keeping on, no matter what. Always a good natured fellow. Even when he's dying on the inside, he stays tough on the outside and is always there to help the people that have hurt him most.

This was just perfect in every way, shape, and form. You did both Yamcha and Trunks justice with this. Well done!
meganechan720 chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
I like the idea of Yamcha getting over himself and being an uncle-figure to Trunks, who sure as heck needs one. I also really like Laise as a Briefs name.

This is a beautiful fic, well done.
Piccolo is green chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
I absolutely love this, from the way you jump back and forward in time to the way Yamcha discusses Bulma, Vegeta and Trunks. I especially enjoyed the part where he looked at the way his relationship with Bulma changed over the years, and its so nice to read fanfiction that portrays Yamcha in a good light rather than bashing him.
LadyKatherine29 chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
A very nice DBZ piece. Very few people do, stuff that allows for being Yamcha and Bulma firendly. This was a nice look into his relationship with Trunks. Bulma would be rather busy with business. Vegita, never struck me as being able to open up much when it came to Trunks. Too much of his childhood was messed up for that. Over all a very nice piece and a fun read.
jblockk chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
Definitely a different take on how Yamucha fits in with the Briefs after his and Bulma's past. It's a good change and an excellent fic.