Reviews for Bitter Leaves and Blossoms Bright
Cat Beats chapter 37 . 1/1
Nice story, wish it had been finished...
Elysium97 chapter 37 . 12/11/2014
You are so amazing! I've found this story a day ago and read it through the night and I can't even express how much I loved it. You are so talented and amazing author, your characterization is unbelievable and the way you just portray all of it is just so great. I love all the girls, (although Rasha is my favorite xD) they are all relatable in different ways. Sarai's death almost made me cry - and Isra, she is so awesome yet so flawed. Your portrayal of Malik and Altair is amazing too - actually, everything about this story is amazing and wonderful! Sorry if this sounds like useless rambling, but, I just like this story so much, it has left such an impact on me, that I just cannot muster up the words to express what I'm feeling and thinking other than this. I love it, really.
Guest chapter 37 . 11/28/2014
This is amazing. I discovered it last night and it kept me up till the early hours of the morning. I know this is such a long shot, but I was wondering if you ever planned on coming back to this? It's an incredible piece, and your research really shines through, I need to know what happens!
BloopdeDoop chapter 21 . 10/8/2014
I just realized part of why I relate so well to this story: I'm an aromantic asexual. Isra acts asexual, or at the very least entirely aromantic. It is amazing.
Guest chapter 37 . 10/5/2014
I was re-reading some chapters. The girl, Rida, I think, and the boy, Mijad, are Isra siblings, right? Altair said that the girl looked like Isra, and the boy kept trying to say that she looked like someone. Maybe his mother. God, I feel so Sherlock Holmes now.
Kira chapter 37 . 10/3/2014
So? I've just spent my sleep hours to read this, expecting a finished story, and what I found is a promise of a continuation. It's three years already! Haven't your writers block faded yet? Sorry if it's because of something serious, but I'm totally into the story. And I NEED to know the end. Can you do it?

p.s.: Sorry for any error, English is not my native language.
finchy chapter 37 . 10/2/2014
This is honestly one of the best fabrics I've ever had the pleasure of reading, and it gets better with every rereading. I desperately hope you're still interested in this story, because nothing would make me happier than seeing it continued.

In short, PLEASE EXIST
R-dude chapter 20 . 8/9/2014
I'm scratching my head to figure out why Isra got promoted so high, but all I can come up with is "because plot". Same with the esteem everyone holds her in. It doesnt make any sense. I mean, I get it that we have to suffer through her arrogance in the narrative since the story is in first person, but other character dont call the MC out on her bullshit. Why is Al Mualim heaping praise and rank like this?

It's all quite jarring.
The Auburn Girl chapter 37 . 8/2/2014
I love this story. It is so brilliantly written and the characterization is so well-developed. Your writing style is very unique and perfect for this story, and I love reading from Isra's point of view because she is so reliable. I'm a little discouraged that you haven't updated in almost three years, but I realized this when I clicked on this story so I guess I'll have to suck it up. I sincerely hope you haven't given up, because this tale is truly a wonderful read so far and it would be a shame for it to go unfinished! Until then!

-Auburn
Lobeira chapter 37 . 7/23/2014
I love this story! You do intrigues, mystery, and behind-the-scenes plotting so well. I found the beginning to be a bit of a slow start but it made me like Isra so much knowing her humble beginnings. Also, can I just say this slow burning romance between Altair and Isra is so delightful? UGH there's so much unsaid between them and I feel like each small confession they get out of each other has a heavier weight then they intended. Altair's "I do not want to see you hurt" was fantastic. I hope you pick this story back up again 3!
random reader chapter 37 . 4/24/2014
Damn. I read this story in a couple of hours, and I was sad to find out those two years already had passed.

Either way, a writing skills! I really hope you will come back to this story at some point, and continue it. I'm currently waiting for an update, and it kills me to know the chance of that happening is slim. The point is that I enjoyed reading what you have written so far; Isra has grown on me, and the other characters as well.

I liked the author notes, too! You deserve a pat on the back for researching extensively.

So, yeah. I hope you'll come back to this story one day, and I'll be happy when you do!
pbluekan chapter 10 . 4/24/2014
Loved the history and research notes. They helped add spectacular depth to your already excellent writing.
Anon chapter 37 . 4/17/2014
You have got to update! I love your writing style and the fluidity of it. Great character development of Isra and incorporating her story into the Assassin's Creed plot. I'm not so find of OCs, but you have done a phenomenal job with this! Excellent research, excellent sotryline, excellent style! The whole thing is very put together, complex and compelling, never too fast or too slow. I'm sorry I haven't written a review for every chapter, but do know that I enjoyed each section of this story! Brilliant characters you've built up, and their relationships are interesting. Especially Isra's with Altair. They can be seen as rather comical together. Anyhow, I hope you're well! Please do consider updating! I'm sure your readers would be overjoyed to see an update after two or three years? ;o) The drama, the friendship, the romance, and the angst you've built up is beautiful. Again, thanks for the wonderful story. It is a jewel in the AC fanfics!
PouringOverText chapter 37 . 3/11/2014
Soooo I read through your fic in, like, two days.
Like all of it, straight through.
You could say I'm appropriately hooked, and wondering why you've left your fans waiting for a couple years
LilHighness chapter 37 . 3/1/2014
Loving the story, I honestly haven't played the game so I'm sure there are things that would help to make me understand if I did, but it's absolutely awesome nevertheless. I'm impressed by the quality of your writing, indeed it's like I'm reading not just a fanfic - I'm transported to the world of these assassins and Templars. I also enjoy the romance that is happening between Isra and Altair - however tenuous that is currently. My inner fangirl rejoices. Please take care, and I hope to see an update alert from you eventually!