Reviews for Bitter Leaves and Blossoms Bright
Icequeen chapter 36 . 6/2/2011
I want you to know that I am sad you have not updated in forever. I know you have an original project you mentioned you're working on, but girl, it's summer. We your readers have more time to dwell on your lack of more story. Please. Update. I even like your research notes.

Remember that you are making me sad.
Ardal chapter 36 . 5/31/2011
I nearly missed one of my highschool exams because I was caught up in this story. Seriously, it's damn good; the romance doesn't get in the way of the plot, the angst doesn't get in the way of the action and you can't automaticly guess the next step in the story. You are an amazing writer who knows how to balance the elements in a story and I'm pretty anoyed I have to wait to get the ending.
HouseBunny chapter 36 . 5/29/2011
I absolutely love your work! Keep it up!
bloodsmoothy chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
Okay I loved this chapter. I feel like Isra is being really impatient and bitchy and she's acting a little bit like a spoiled brat. But it's a growing experience for her. She needs to learn what it's like to be patient, that feisty young rascal.

D'aww at the subtle Isra/ Altair moment. :) Good job :thumbsup:
bloodsmoothy chapter 35 . 5/27/2011
I knew Isra had something to do with a night journey, but I just looked up Miraj and they are a part of the night journey that Muhammad took! Religious education FTW! Haha, yay Easter Eggs.
toeki chapter 36 . 5/14/2011
normally i dont read stories centered around an oc, because most authors are not able to make their ocs very believable,not annoying, not mary this story is different. im able to suffer and feel sympathy along with your heroine, the plot is logical and well developed. and i love the research notes:)i also love the absence of long and explicit sex scenes, which is very rare at .and you keep it as close to canon as possible, so altair and malik are not gay in this story. (this is positive too, because the authors are overdoing the alt/mal thing and treat it like canon becomes boring after a while;))
iheartmwpp chapter 36 . 5/11/2011
You should do summaries of chapters at the end of them, they are amusing and make people feel better when they realized that they've FINALLY CAUGHT UP and while they also know that you are working on other stuff and you really can't force yourself to work on this one when you have more inspiration for something else it's still quite frustrating. Ah well, at least I have everything else you've ever written ever to distract me until you update again. Once I finish your fanfiction stuff I'll probably read the fictionpress stuff too; I do like elves. And yes, very like a cult indeed. PLEASE UPDATE THIS ONE EVENTUALLY.
iheartmwpp chapter 21 . 5/11/2011
Ah! So you DID know about the TV Tropes thing! It's so awesome that you managed to get onto that site, you definitely deserve it.
canadiangirl13 chapter 36 . 5/7/2011
I think you might be onto something... The Assassins might just be a cult... I have only now just managed to catch up to where this story is. I love the story and I'm really looking forward to the next chapter so please update soon!
necro-wulf chapter 36 . 5/7/2011
Technically, the assasins were a cult. I mean, they're a quasi-religious order of professional killers dedicated to cleansing the world of what they perceive to be evil in order to acheive entrance to heaven. That sort of thing isn't all that uncommon, historically. Splinter groups frature off major religions all the time. By some definitions, all of modern Chritianity and Islam were cults at certain points in histroy.

Leaving aside a long and storied history of the use of various psychotropic substances in pretty much any religion at one point or another, going back to stone-age shamanism, one has to wonder how much of the actual recorded history of the order is rumor, misimformation, and, ironically, charater assasination. Granted there is likly a significant bit of truth there at the core of it, but without impartial records, there's no way to tell the truth from the lies.

Actually, that idea os rather central to the mythology of the series, now that I've stated it. The first game itself really can be boiled down to a tutorial on "Nothing is true. Everything is permitted." While the secound carris the theme of alternate explinations of hitroical events to a level at least slightly obserd give the familiarity of some of the characters. History wasn't just written by the victors here, it was nearly made up off the top of someones' head.
iheartmwpp chapter 13 . 5/6/2011
I was reading this rather quickly, desperate to find out what happened next, so I did not review any of your previous chapters. I had to say something, though, when I saw this author's note:

"A/N: My dream: someday someone will put up a rec list and something of mine will be on it somewhere. It's good to have lofty goals, huh?"

I don't know if you know this already or not, but I was led here by the fanfic reccomendation page on TV Tropes dot org for Assassin's Creed stories. Yours came VERY highly reccomended, and thus this story is the first Assassin's Creed fanfic I've ever read. Yay, your lofty goal has been fulfilled! Really, I think every fanfic writer wishes for that. So yeah, I shall DEFINITELY continue reading tomorrow, and I'll review more often this time!
concatemer chapter 36 . 5/6/2011
This is an amazing story. Amazing, amazing, amazing. You bring such an incredible richness and romance to a universe that, for me at least, had reduced itself to "Stab him! Stab him in the face and run away, quickly!" by the game's third mission or so. You've done a great job keeping the pacing tight, and I love how, in every chapter, it really comes through that you're having an absolute ball writing this. Looking forward to more!
AzErTy007 chapter 36 . 5/6/2011
Amazing story! I love the OCs you created. But most of all it's downright amazing all the research you did to make this story believable, you must be the first author I see going through so much work for a fanfiction! I really looking forward to your next chapter~ Thank you for writing this!
daydreambuff chapter 36 . 5/3/2011
"I missed Sarai, and Malik was unhappy with me, and there was a Templar I was not allowed to kill. What was I supposed to do? Just wait?"

This made me think of obstinate spoiled children. I appreciate Isra not getting what she wants in this instance. If only she could realize how unhealthy manipulations can be and then grow as a person to become a healthier character. But then the story would have to end because healthy characters are absurdly difficult to make interesting. Sigh. Human behavior.

As informative as your A/N can be, the humorous change of pace was appreciated. That does not mean I dislike information.

The ending here is much appreciated by my shippers spirit (it burns brighter with the flame of fictional romance and development). This probably counts as a break between the big stuff though, huh.

Ah well, brilliant as always :)
AnnanInTheSky chapter 36 . 5/1/2011
This is awesome! Unfortunately I've actually been seeing this on rec lists all over the place but your summary has been putting me off! (Writing appears to be your forte. Summarising, not so much) Which is sad, because I would like to have read this earlier. I love the complexity :D Do you have any spaces for Australians in your army of readers?
707 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »