Reviews for Bitter Leaves and Blossoms Bright
Isis the Sphinx chapter 37 . 9/16/2011
Oh my. You are alive! *shock*

Nice chapter. Your introspection is wonderfully done. Isra is simmering, ready to boil over at a moment's notice. Looking forward to more. Keep writing!
Aly-K-H chapter 36 . 9/6/2011
You do know the games are rated M for 'Sexual themes, strong language, blood, and violence' right? That is how Ubi got away with it.

Anyways, this story is amazing! I love it, though I was sad to read that Sarai was dead... That wasn't fair, but then again, the world has never been fair.

This story makes me laugh, it makes me want to cry (occasionally), and it makes me stare in incrediousness, then reread the last few paragraphs to make sure what I read was really there.

I enjoy Assassin's Creed very much, and this makes it more interesting. I'll look into the Garden thing- I wouldn't be surprised if it were real. I'm not saying I don't trust ya or anythin'; I just don't believe everything I read on the internet

Um... OC's can be fun, but highly irritating at times. Urgh, some OC's end up being bipolar or MPD or something. Or Mary-Sues.

Um... I guess that's it for now...

I'm 13 years old and did not drool over Ezio, I don't think I ever will.

Adios

※Älyöñâ※
Sythe chapter 36 . 8/15/2011
I drew a fanart. I was going to write a full review, but I thought it better if you just check this out.

le-feline . deviantart art / Fanart-sketch-Bitter-Leaves-253136604
THEJN chapter 34 . 8/4/2011
moar moar! :D thanks for writing this!
MarshMella chapter 36 . 8/4/2011
Ive read a lot of fanfics in my time and I have to say that never, in all my years of being on this site, have I come across a writer with talent like yours. I dream of finding well-written, well-portrayed characters involved in interesting plot and drama and romance. Very rarely do I find such stories but when the rate gem does come along, it certainly is worth the wait and the search!

I actually came across you via your Star Wars: TFU story which was recommended to me by a friend at the weekend. I was hooked instantly by your perfect portrayal of the characters and by your writing style. However, before I could review that fic I decided to check out the rest of your stories. I left your AC ones until last because I hadn't played the game in so long, but decided to give this one a shot because I'd read all of your other ones.

Well, what can I say? I was hooked from the very first moment and could just not stop reading! Very rarely do I find a book that I can't put down, but this fic is just so wonderful. I adore your OCs and your portrayal of Altair/Malik and others from the game. I adore how much research you've put into this and your attention to detail. I love how we've seen Isra and her two friends rise from young girls to becoming integral parts of the plot. In short: this story is the BEST fic in the AC section. No other fics even come close to this.

I have a feeling that this story wont be going much further than this chapter. But I WILL hold out hope that one day it might, so Ive subscribed to it just in case.

Apologies for not reviewing your other stories. I just felt that all of my reviews would be exactly the same so decided to compile them all here in one. I've now read all of them (except your elder scrolls ones) and will no doubt re-read them again and again. This story, your long KOTOR2 fic and your TFU story will always be in my top rated fics.

If I could predict the future I would say that you have an amazing writing career ahead if you. I look forward to seeing what other works you can produce. You've made a fan for life!

Thanks again for writing such wonderful stories and apologies for any weird typos in my review ( am writing this on my phone)

MM~
toomuchinfo chapter 36 . 8/3/2011
I was SO READY for the next chapter.

But it wasn't there.

Shiiiit.

You know, I love how you write. You give it all away through dialog, and thread all the words between together like a puzzle. Sometimes, I have no idea what Isra is yappin' about until someone else mentions it. It makes me feel stupid.

In a good way, of course.

(If there is a good way..)

Anyway, I hope you come back soon and don't abandon this. It's too good for that.

(Oh, yesss, eat up my compliments.)
Nightshade07 chapter 36 . 8/2/2011
Wicked awesome story, update ASAP! La'a shay'a waqi'un moutlaq bale kouloun mounkine!
Kestrel Faeran chapter 36 . 7/29/2011
Well well well, I'm done! Truly loved it! (I even took time to talk about it in my LJ (link in profile) in case anyone would be interested in reading it.)

I'll be waiting patiently for your next update. ;)
Kestrel Faeran chapter 19 . 7/28/2011
"He turned, his robes swishing, and I caught a glimpse of his empty right sleeve."

Oh, wasn't it his left arm?

I've been replaying the game recently, and I'm pretty sure it's his left arm. :)

And the story's as awesome as ever!
reader chapter 36 . 7/27/2011
I've been reading story for years, and I must simply say that it is indeed an astounding work. Your magnificent story has put me in a predicament: I am no longer able to read 98% of other ac fics on the site, since none match your superior writing style and plot. More importantly, I highly appreciate both your implementation of an original character, and your use of first person. Your plot is deep, with character relationships thoroughly meshed, with realistic development. Your characters are also superbly done- both original and canon. Game characters maintain the character which was set in the game, are also fleshed out and made to be believable. Original characters are realistic and flawed, straying from the oh-so-common Mary-sue OC fic that plagues assassin's creed. Your historical accuracy is always detailed and interesting, providing a realistic backdrop for the events of the story.

Most importantly, your story captivates with impeccable writing mechanics. Your story is intellectual and descriptive, while doing neither obviously nor forced. You provide sufficient detail and complexity while eliminating useless phrases which also plague most authors. Thus, your writing is smooth, beautifully written, descriptive and captivating. The first person format allows a significant bond with Isra, allowing us to connect to the story.

The sad part is, with a lack of updates, my reading pleasure has fallen significantly. As time lengthens, my hope diminishes. Sadly, since this story is at such a higher standard than the other Assassin's creed fictions, the others pale in comparison, in mechanics, plot, and characterization. I have read and re-read your story countless times, yet every time I reach the end I am forced to accept the fact that there has yet to be another update. While I know I am certainly not entitled anything, especially considering you have blessed me with this work of art, if you would simply acknowledge that this story is no longer in production, I can then unfortunately, (but acceptably) move on from Assassin's Creed fictions, since none will ever rival this masterpiece, or any AC stories you have released.

Once again, I thank you for this fiction, and while I continue re-reading the story, I maintain hope that it will be updated.
Kestrel Faeran chapter 7 . 7/27/2011
I meant "enjoying IT"

Why? Why? D:
Kestrel Faeran chapter 6 . 7/27/2011
Well, I'm far from catching up but, as I take a break, I thought I would say hello and how great it looks so far. :)

Thank you! I'm enjoying greatly!
Ink chapter 36 . 7/21/2011
I just have to say something... This fic is a nice escape from reality, to be honest. My brother has cancer and just started chemo and it's really hard for him and he just got his leg amputated and it's just really nice to be able to read something where the biggest evil has a face easy enough to defeat as a simple assassination and a conflict that's life and death, but not real.

I've read this through three times at least, and will probably do it several times more, and every time I do, I hit chapter 36 and wish you would update or even just post a chapter saying what's going on or if you're even not going to continue this. Because if you aren't... At least say so.
LithiumSiege chapter 36 . 7/21/2011
Please update soon!
DoctorsCompanionLela chapter 36 . 7/18/2011
Its taken me about three days to read this entire fic and I have loved it. I rarely like it when people do OC (because I'm an idiot like that) but you have developed Isra so well that I just adore her. (And who couldn't love Malik and Altair?)

Anyway, fantastic work and I really hope to update soon. I have this nasty habit of finding great fics and once I do they stop updating. :P
729 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »