Reviews for Bitter Leaves and Blossoms Bright
Parakosmic chapter 36 . 6/16/2011
I love your story! I honestly can't imagine how you come up with such complex plots and characters. Your writing is amazing and I absolutely love Isra. Please update soon!
bookleaf chapter 36 . 6/5/2011
I love this fic! Its really great how you managed to make this story historically accurate (the notes are awesome, by the way), is in canon, and that you manage to portray likeable OCs.

Its also great of how you managed to round Altair's character. Whn playing the game, I aways find myself thinking 'I like the game, but I hate the character I'm playing.' But now you've given him various good points to consider, and now I don't find him as aggravating for being a jerk.

Wow. Until it was mentioned, I had no idea that the assassins were missing their left fourth finger. It was 'wtf?' then 'wait... really?' and 'I gotta check this out' [squints at various disorted pictures online, turns on game and try to look at his hand, etc.], and finally 'OMG HOW DIDN'T I REALISE THIS HOLY &*%! BROTHER, GET YOUR BUTT OVER HERE AND JUST LOOK AT THIS!' Yeah... It probably was obvious, but I didn't realize that till now.

I only have but one question: If Desmond can only see Altair's memories because he is a direct decendant and so the memories are in his DNA, and if this story is, in its most basic form, a romance between Isra and Altair; since Isra can no longer bare children, how does Desmond's one-less-great-than-Altair-ancestor enter the genepool?

(I'm sorry that this question is probabally not answerable via the plot line, and I've only been playing the first game in the series so far (I'm not playing the 2nd until I finish this) and maybe its answered in the game?)

'Hmmm... In a happy place' It aways annoys me, when in a story set either in another time period or less technology filled world, that it never really feels that way since they don't include stuf like clean drinking water, bathrooms that aren't as marvealous as they are now, or just make the setting feel as a modren norm where was is socially acceptable now still was back then ( of futer OC's cellphones still have cell service... urh). That never happens in this story, its great!

Thank you for writing this fic, you are really talented and its shows with a really enjoyable read. Keep writing!
nic chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
Please update soon D:
Icequeen chapter 36 . 6/2/2011
I want you to know that I am sad you have not updated in forever. I know you have an original project you mentioned you're working on, but girl, it's summer. We your readers have more time to dwell on your lack of more story. Please. Update. I even like your research notes.

Remember that you are making me sad.
Ardal chapter 36 . 5/31/2011
I nearly missed one of my highschool exams because I was caught up in this story. Seriously, it's damn good; the romance doesn't get in the way of the plot, the angst doesn't get in the way of the action and you can't automaticly guess the next step in the story. You are an amazing writer who knows how to balance the elements in a story and I'm pretty anoyed I have to wait to get the ending.
HouseBunny chapter 36 . 5/29/2011
I absolutely love your work! Keep it up!
bloodsmoothy chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
Okay I loved this chapter. I feel like Isra is being really impatient and bitchy and she's acting a little bit like a spoiled brat. But it's a growing experience for her. She needs to learn what it's like to be patient, that feisty young rascal.

D'aww at the subtle Isra/ Altair moment. :) Good job :thumbsup:
bloodsmoothy chapter 35 . 5/27/2011
I knew Isra had something to do with a night journey, but I just looked up Miraj and they are a part of the night journey that Muhammad took! Religious education FTW! Haha, yay Easter Eggs.
toeki chapter 36 . 5/14/2011
normally i dont read stories centered around an oc, because most authors are not able to make their ocs very believable,not annoying, not mary this story is different. im able to suffer and feel sympathy along with your heroine, the plot is logical and well developed. and i love the research notes:)i also love the absence of long and explicit sex scenes, which is very rare at .and you keep it as close to canon as possible, so altair and malik are not gay in this story. (this is positive too, because the authors are overdoing the alt/mal thing and treat it like canon becomes boring after a while;))
iheartmwpp chapter 36 . 5/11/2011
You should do summaries of chapters at the end of them, they are amusing and make people feel better when they realized that they've FINALLY CAUGHT UP and while they also know that you are working on other stuff and you really can't force yourself to work on this one when you have more inspiration for something else it's still quite frustrating. Ah well, at least I have everything else you've ever written ever to distract me until you update again. Once I finish your fanfiction stuff I'll probably read the fictionpress stuff too; I do like elves. And yes, very like a cult indeed. PLEASE UPDATE THIS ONE EVENTUALLY.
iheartmwpp chapter 21 . 5/11/2011
Ah! So you DID know about the TV Tropes thing! It's so awesome that you managed to get onto that site, you definitely deserve it.
canadiangirl13 chapter 36 . 5/7/2011
I think you might be onto something... The Assassins might just be a cult... I have only now just managed to catch up to where this story is. I love the story and I'm really looking forward to the next chapter so please update soon!
necro-wulf chapter 36 . 5/7/2011
Technically, the assasins were a cult. I mean, they're a quasi-religious order of professional killers dedicated to cleansing the world of what they perceive to be evil in order to acheive entrance to heaven. That sort of thing isn't all that uncommon, historically. Splinter groups frature off major religions all the time. By some definitions, all of modern Chritianity and Islam were cults at certain points in histroy.

Leaving aside a long and storied history of the use of various psychotropic substances in pretty much any religion at one point or another, going back to stone-age shamanism, one has to wonder how much of the actual recorded history of the order is rumor, misimformation, and, ironically, charater assasination. Granted there is likly a significant bit of truth there at the core of it, but without impartial records, there's no way to tell the truth from the lies.

Actually, that idea os rather central to the mythology of the series, now that I've stated it. The first game itself really can be boiled down to a tutorial on "Nothing is true. Everything is permitted." While the secound carris the theme of alternate explinations of hitroical events to a level at least slightly obserd give the familiarity of some of the characters. History wasn't just written by the victors here, it was nearly made up off the top of someones' head.
iheartmwpp chapter 13 . 5/6/2011
I was reading this rather quickly, desperate to find out what happened next, so I did not review any of your previous chapters. I had to say something, though, when I saw this author's note:

"A/N: My dream: someday someone will put up a rec list and something of mine will be on it somewhere. It's good to have lofty goals, huh?"

I don't know if you know this already or not, but I was led here by the fanfic reccomendation page on TV Tropes dot org for Assassin's Creed stories. Yours came VERY highly reccomended, and thus this story is the first Assassin's Creed fanfic I've ever read. Yay, your lofty goal has been fulfilled! Really, I think every fanfic writer wishes for that. So yeah, I shall DEFINITELY continue reading tomorrow, and I'll review more often this time!
concatemer chapter 36 . 5/6/2011
This is an amazing story. Amazing, amazing, amazing. You bring such an incredible richness and romance to a universe that, for me at least, had reduced itself to "Stab him! Stab him in the face and run away, quickly!" by the game's third mission or so. You've done a great job keeping the pacing tight, and I love how, in every chapter, it really comes through that you're having an absolute ball writing this. Looking forward to more!
710 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »