Reviews for Bitter Leaves and Blossoms Bright
Lobeira chapter 37 . 7/23/2014
I love this story! You do intrigues, mystery, and behind-the-scenes plotting so well. I found the beginning to be a bit of a slow start but it made me like Isra so much knowing her humble beginnings. Also, can I just say this slow burning romance between Altair and Isra is so delightful? UGH there's so much unsaid between them and I feel like each small confession they get out of each other has a heavier weight then they intended. Altair's "I do not want to see you hurt" was fantastic. I hope you pick this story back up again 3!
random reader chapter 37 . 4/24/2014
Damn. I read this story in a couple of hours, and I was sad to find out those two years already had passed.

Either way, a writing skills! I really hope you will come back to this story at some point, and continue it. I'm currently waiting for an update, and it kills me to know the chance of that happening is slim. The point is that I enjoyed reading what you have written so far; Isra has grown on me, and the other characters as well.

I liked the author notes, too! You deserve a pat on the back for researching extensively.

So, yeah. I hope you'll come back to this story one day, and I'll be happy when you do!
pbluekan chapter 10 . 4/24/2014
Loved the history and research notes. They helped add spectacular depth to your already excellent writing.
Anon chapter 37 . 4/17/2014
You have got to update! I love your writing style and the fluidity of it. Great character development of Isra and incorporating her story into the Assassin's Creed plot. I'm not so find of OCs, but you have done a phenomenal job with this! Excellent research, excellent sotryline, excellent style! The whole thing is very put together, complex and compelling, never too fast or too slow. I'm sorry I haven't written a review for every chapter, but do know that I enjoyed each section of this story! Brilliant characters you've built up, and their relationships are interesting. Especially Isra's with Altair. They can be seen as rather comical together. Anyhow, I hope you're well! Please do consider updating! I'm sure your readers would be overjoyed to see an update after two or three years? ;o) The drama, the friendship, the romance, and the angst you've built up is beautiful. Again, thanks for the wonderful story. It is a jewel in the AC fanfics!
PouringOverText chapter 37 . 3/11/2014
Soooo I read through your fic in, like, two days.
Like all of it, straight through.
You could say I'm appropriately hooked, and wondering why you've left your fans waiting for a couple years
LilHighness chapter 37 . 3/1/2014
Loving the story, I honestly haven't played the game so I'm sure there are things that would help to make me understand if I did, but it's absolutely awesome nevertheless. I'm impressed by the quality of your writing, indeed it's like I'm reading not just a fanfic - I'm transported to the world of these assassins and Templars. I also enjoy the romance that is happening between Isra and Altair - however tenuous that is currently. My inner fangirl rejoices. Please take care, and I hope to see an update alert from you eventually!
sinsea chapter 37 . 2/26/2014
This is such a lovely, well-written story, it's easily become a new favorite. The characters are awesome, the plot is great, the research notes are fascinating...I could go on. I've enjoyed it so much, I'd love to see how it ends. I really hope you eventually come back to this.
jen chapter 37 . 2/3/2014
it has already been 'a year or two'... i do sincerely hope you're ok and, of course, i also hope that you'll someday finish this story. it has been a wonderful journey and i'm sad to see it end abruptly without the glorious ending it deserves.
jen chapter 25 . 2/3/2014
I unashamedly admit to guffawing loudly at the last sentence of your a/n in this chapter. A snort may have also been involved. Lovely chapters so far, unsurprisingly, but I have to say, my poor, poor Malik! I just want to give him a hug.
jen chapter 9 . 2/3/2014
My goodness, this fic is one of the most beautifully written ones I've ever read! It's too terrifyingly easy to get lost inside your words; they flow like silk. Not to mention your characters are very interesting and are fleshed out brilliantly, as well. I want to breathe inside this story forever.

P.S. I adore research notes.
ass-sassin chapter 37 . 1/20/2014
this is hands down the best fanfiction I have ever read (and i have read a looooooooooooooooooooot of fanfiction) please continue it, it would be such a shame for this to be left incomplete
Guest chapter 37 . 1/14/2014
This is a lovely, beautifully written story. I finished it all in one sitting because I just couldn't stop reading. Your OCs are brilliant, unlike any I've seen before. Isra is very likeable, and I admire the way you've built her character. I'm quite fond of Rasha, though, and I love how you brought she and Sarai back later in the story. Speaking of Sarai, I adore her as well, so I'll shamelessly admit that chapter 33 brought a tear to my eye. It saddens me to see that this hasn't been updated in a long time. As others have said, your fanfiction does remind me quite a bit of Alamut. There are a few minor mistakes in this, but nothing that distracts from the story itself. In short, wonderfully done. I truly hope to see you return to this someday.
AgentAuthor chapter 37 . 11/9/2013
I read through this entire story in a matter of hours, and while it cost me a day's work, I DO NOT regret it. An absolutely beautiful piece of work with a startlingly realistic and flawed, yet loveable OC, I have yet to encounter an AC fic with this level of quality. I also greatly admire the historical references and painstaking detail; it is something rarely seen in the fanfictions of today.
Please, please, PLEASE continue this story, or at least provide us with some definite answer on the status of it, because this has driven me mad with wonder. I know that is has been two years since the last day this was updated, but I cannot give up hope that this story will be continued! PROVE ME RIGHT! UPDATE SOON!
CGKrows chapter 37 . 11/8/2013
SUCH AWESOME.
Terikel chapter 37 . 10/24/2013
I would love to see this continued. It cost me a whole night of sleep because it was simply too brillant to stop reading. Your OC(s) are one of the best I've ever read, and I have read a lot of them. Noone ever managed to capture me like this, though. I didn't even care that Altair didn't show up all that much of the beginning because even without him the story had so much plot and nteresting things going on I simply couldn't stop reading. The plot is genius, and it gave me a headache with all the twists and I admire you for keeping up with it.
The subtle romance is the best I've ever read, seriously. No obvious teenagers that are simply too stupid to see what's going on, but nice little implications, and their chemistry is simply brillant. I loved their talk when they were in hiding, how they're so completely different and struggling to understand each other's view, and how Altair has slowly become her supporter, so subtly I didn't even notice the change in his behaviour until later. The character development is simply brillant. And Malik! It's seriously the first time I like how he's written. He may have had his issues in the beginning, but you didn't write him off as a brooding emo but wrote it wonderfully realistic, and his interactions with Isra are so brillant, especially at the end there with her trying to get her way but then going a bit to far and oh god, the feels. You are one hell of an author and I would hate to see this story go to waste, so I'm begging you, please continue. And once you finish it, change the names and publish it, because it's seriously that brillant, with all the research you put into it and everything. Hell, I didn't even like Altair all that much when I started reading, but now I love him with all his imperfections ans am seriously considering replaying AC1. You're awesome. *bow*
706 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »