Reviews for Bitter Leaves and Blossoms Bright
jen chapter 9 . 2/3/2014
My goodness, this fic is one of the most beautifully written ones I've ever read! It's too terrifyingly easy to get lost inside your words; they flow like silk. Not to mention your characters are very interesting and are fleshed out brilliantly, as well. I want to breathe inside this story forever.

P.S. I adore research notes.
ass-sassin chapter 37 . 1/20/2014
this is hands down the best fanfiction I have ever read (and i have read a looooooooooooooooooooot of fanfiction) please continue it, it would be such a shame for this to be left incomplete
Guest chapter 37 . 1/14/2014
This is a lovely, beautifully written story. I finished it all in one sitting because I just couldn't stop reading. Your OCs are brilliant, unlike any I've seen before. Isra is very likeable, and I admire the way you've built her character. I'm quite fond of Rasha, though, and I love how you brought she and Sarai back later in the story. Speaking of Sarai, I adore her as well, so I'll shamelessly admit that chapter 33 brought a tear to my eye. It saddens me to see that this hasn't been updated in a long time. As others have said, your fanfiction does remind me quite a bit of Alamut. There are a few minor mistakes in this, but nothing that distracts from the story itself. In short, wonderfully done. I truly hope to see you return to this someday.
AgentAuthor chapter 37 . 11/9/2013
I read through this entire story in a matter of hours, and while it cost me a day's work, I DO NOT regret it. An absolutely beautiful piece of work with a startlingly realistic and flawed, yet loveable OC, I have yet to encounter an AC fic with this level of quality. I also greatly admire the historical references and painstaking detail; it is something rarely seen in the fanfictions of today.
Please, please, PLEASE continue this story, or at least provide us with some definite answer on the status of it, because this has driven me mad with wonder. I know that is has been two years since the last day this was updated, but I cannot give up hope that this story will be continued! PROVE ME RIGHT! UPDATE SOON!
CGKrows chapter 37 . 11/8/2013
Terikel chapter 37 . 10/24/2013
I would love to see this continued. It cost me a whole night of sleep because it was simply too brillant to stop reading. Your OC(s) are one of the best I've ever read, and I have read a lot of them. Noone ever managed to capture me like this, though. I didn't even care that Altair didn't show up all that much of the beginning because even without him the story had so much plot and nteresting things going on I simply couldn't stop reading. The plot is genius, and it gave me a headache with all the twists and I admire you for keeping up with it.
The subtle romance is the best I've ever read, seriously. No obvious teenagers that are simply too stupid to see what's going on, but nice little implications, and their chemistry is simply brillant. I loved their talk when they were in hiding, how they're so completely different and struggling to understand each other's view, and how Altair has slowly become her supporter, so subtly I didn't even notice the change in his behaviour until later. The character development is simply brillant. And Malik! It's seriously the first time I like how he's written. He may have had his issues in the beginning, but you didn't write him off as a brooding emo but wrote it wonderfully realistic, and his interactions with Isra are so brillant, especially at the end there with her trying to get her way but then going a bit to far and oh god, the feels. You are one hell of an author and I would hate to see this story go to waste, so I'm begging you, please continue. And once you finish it, change the names and publish it, because it's seriously that brillant, with all the research you put into it and everything. Hell, I didn't even like Altair all that much when I started reading, but now I love him with all his imperfections ans am seriously considering replaying AC1. You're awesome. *bow*
RoyalToons chapter 37 . 9/22/2013
Ok, so you either forgot all about the story and you have e-mail notifications turned off. Like I said before, (im Hannah btw) its been... oh... idk... a little over 2 FREAKIN YEARS! Gurl, u gotta ba on top of dis story. Please come back... I want this story to continue so flippin much.
Guest chapter 37 . 9/3/2013
This should have a billion more reviews. Just saying.
theYellowDello chapter 1 . 8/16/2013
This is the one story that I go back and reread with regularity. It's too good. Seriously. I've never read an OC fic that I liked, but this is one of the best fics I've read.
CarnivorousOak chapter 5 . 7/25/2013
I'm only five chapters in and I'm pretty sure I'm going to miss this story when I'm done reading.
JERUSALEM's Bride chapter 8 . 7/22/2013
i liked the research notes! it was interesting. story is beyond awesome btw
Chrisellea chapter 6 . 6/19/2013
Kaddar is Malik's brother and was killed in Soloman's temple because of Altair breaking he also rid Malik of his arm if im not mistaken...
Hannah chapter 37 . 6/9/2013
"So put this on your alert list or check back in a year or two, whichever suits you better (that was a joke, I will try to update but no promises)."

It's been two years...
ctrlaltdiee chapter 37 . 6/7/2013
"so put this on your alert list or check back in a year or two, whichever suits you better (that was a joke, I will try to update but no promises)."
JOKE? it's actually been two years bawww
i absolutely doubt this will ever be updated (feel free to prove me wrong, i'd love you) but even so..
dear fucking god i think you've ruined AC fics for me. especially altair. this was great. amazing. i can't think of a good enough word, honestly. this fic really punched me in the brain. or maybe shanked me with a hidden blade. that might be more appropriate. i'm pretty good at finding good fics. i'll give anything a glance, just to make sure i don't miss them. but this. woah. it's just.. probably the best plot and execution i've read. like.. ever. honestly i could sing praise for this fic like a megaphone but i won't. it's way too late in the morning and i need to sleep.
theYellowDello chapter 21 . 5/8/2013
I love Altair's angry little crush on her. It's extremely intriguing.
712 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »