Reviews for Bitter Leaves and Blossoms Bright
theYellowDello chapter 27 . 4/29/2013
I think you've ruined me for all other Assassin's Creed fics.
firelordzuko chapter 9 . 3/27/2013
I know that there have been near seven hundred reviews before to point this out, and I know I'm only at chapter 9, but it hurts me not to point it out: it's Guy de Lusignan, with an A, and the crusades that broke out were actually neither crusades nor breaking out, but rather the Muslim reconquest of the Holy Land (you might have seen Kingdom of Heaven by Ridley Scott with Orlando Bloom, which is fairly accurate concerning its depiction of the causes of the war - though you must imagine Reynald de Chatillon to be even more insane and violent than he is depicted). The fall of Jerusalem to Saladin's army after Hattin was itself the cause for the Third Crusade - the name indicates, of course, that previous crusades had already occured about a century before, which had let to the establishment of the Kingdom of Jerusalem in the first place. But actually I suppose you already know that. Just wanted to get it out of my system. Sorry. Reading on now.
partlysunny chapter 37 . 3/23/2013
Please update soon! I loved this story, Isra is such a firecracker and the sweet, slow progression in her relationship with Altair is just perfect. I also love Malik and how she sort of fixed him. And Sarai and Rasha, they're like mirrors for Isra's character, you used them very well. You've got amazing talent, I enjoyed reading it, seriously. Update update update!
ImaginaryAsylum chapter 37 . 3/22/2013
Thank you so much for the hard work that you have put into researching about the history during this time period. I love what you have done with the story so far and how you have developed the characters and their relationships. The plot is so original and I desperately hope that you will update/finish this lovely story sometime soon. Thanks for sharing this story thus far!
Hashshashin chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
Now that I think about it, you misspelled Hashashin in your summary.
Brynnevan chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
I read this entire story in 2 days. I'm really wishing that I hadn't found it until you started back up-which I really, really, sincerely hope you do. The writing is fantastic, barring a few typos. There are a few too many "running fingers through hair" in the later chapters, but nothing too distracting. Your original characters are real and vibrant. Incredibly well-done.
EpicFailOnline chapter 35 . 3/3/2013
Something interesting about Miraj? Like that he is Isra's brother?
Loving the story!
nat chapter 32 . 3/3/2013
She forgot to ask about the flower girl! D:
Randomreader chapter 9 . 3/1/2013
I just wanted to drop a quick note here mid-read and applaud you for the realism of this story. It would have been very easy for you to simply make Isra beautiful and skilled and clever and brave, but she is so balanced and real. Of the 3 girls, she isn't necessarily the strongest or smartest and they are all solidly in the role of females of that era. I adored that Rasha lost her spar against Kaddar, that Sarai fails so hard at growing things and Isra spent ages barefoot and falling off her horse. They have to wear veils and endure the expected sexism. I guess that what I'm saying is that you didn't superpower your females, you made them real, and I thank you for doing it.
Nialon chapter 37 . 2/25/2013
So...I'm not sure if you plan on finishing this, but I just wanted to stop by and say what a great job you've done. I don't think I've ever read a fanfiction that made me genuinely interested and invested in an original character. I remember being pissed off in the first chapter when I realized the speaker wasn't Altair, but by the end of it I was hooked, and I think that's the most important skill for a writer to have. You took it a step further by adding all the historical references, which added depth and satisfaction of learning something new. You also handled the characters with an astounding realism. I honestly believe Isra could easily hold her own in a published novel. I was also happy with how you handled her struggles in a society dominated by men. She didn't whine, she didn't turn into some man-bashing feminist, and she didn't settle. She did exactly what women at that time had to do, and that was extremely refreshing.

Basically, this was made of win. Have a nice day! :)
yanai chapter 13 . 2/8/2013
Guest chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
All I want is for an update. This is the best thing in the world
gespenstee chapter 37 . 12/24/2012
PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE or at least give me the effing link to the original elves thing you mentioned a few chapters beforehand!
BUT PLEASE UPDATE
ITs gorgeous and wonderfully written and its so believable and not marysueish. i'm at a complete loss of word so please please rekindle your love for isra and write her story.
Aodhan Kingkiller chapter 37 . 12/12/2012
Wow, this has got to be the best story I've read in a very long time! Your writing style is superb and your grammar/spelling (my major pet peeve) is great too! I was really loving it... And then it ended! I was so sad! Please update; I would love to continue enjoying this wonderful narrative!
Avayla chapter 37 . 12/4/2012
Love this story! I just started playing Assassin's Creed and I'm hooked. This story is perfect, exactly what I was looking for... Except it's not finished! Not even a kiss! Please don't leave us hanging! Seems to be quite a long time since an update. Sad face. I'll follow the story anyway. Hope you come back to it! (please please please please)
712 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »