Reviews for How We Break
comewhatmay.x chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
This is one of the best fics I have ever read. The raw honesty and the parallels are amazing. Well done, I don't think I've ever seen anyone written such a beautiful oneshot with insight into all four characters (my favourite was Chuck's).
sroka-x chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
This is really great and I think it really captures the way in which each of the characters deals with things. I really love it!
crimsonlipsivoryskin chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
One of the best oneshots that I ever read!

You're great!

LOVE IT!

x3
rainbowbutterflie chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
Once again, you have captured everyone at their most vulnerable state. This is amazing work. (:
malfoyie456 chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
I have only one word for this story: WOW!
inside padme's wardrobe chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
Great piece! My favorite snapshot is definitely Blair's, simply because the "Blair handles pain like an oyster," parallel is by far the best description I've read of Blair dealing with pain. You explained inner workings very well. Overall, I like the concise lines and the imagery. Some of my favorite lines are: (Nate) "He expects it. Monitored disintegration." ...and, "When Chuck breaks... Chuck implodes." Again, beautiful imagery! My least favorite section is Serena's, just because I think the Serena and sun motif is a bit overdone. Other than that, I really enjoyed this!
Noirreigne chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
I think you already know how brilliant I think this piece is. ;)

It is one of the best insights into all four characters I have ever read. Absolutely beautiful.
sabina chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
wow.. so poetic. i love all the similes and metaphors. you really captured how different they all are, how they handle pain and how they "break". nice work :)
Korella May chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
Loved it! A really sweet and insightful piece of writing. Very nice
truglasgowgal chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
Wow.

This blew me away. Completely.

I absolutely adored all the imagery you used.

My favourite lines had to be: "When Chuck breaks (he doesn’t go up in flames…excruciating hurt never combusts) - he becomes proof that not even a black hole is infinite. Chuck implodes."

Just... wow. That is so perfect. Classic even.

And the phrase you used for Nate: "Monitored disintegration."

That is so completely true, and you captured his whole character and how people view and act with/react to him.

Absolutely beautiful piece of writing, can't wait to read more from you :)

Steph