Reviews for As Told In Song
Tikaya chapter 2 . 6/13
Hm I quite like Bumblebees's prolonged musings at the beginning of the chapter. It gives so much insight into how he himself but also his entire race things and views the world! It was also funny so yay :)
Watching the Witwickys for so long probably also plays into why Bee is so fond of them later on. I love how you expand on canon with this and give more information on what has been going on aside of the canon stuff. It also fleshes out Sam's friendship with Miles which didn't get much focus sadly and already hints at his attraction to Mikaela etc. Very good stuff!
I also like the explanation for how Bee found out about the glasses. I do think I read some comic about this and wasn't happy with how they did it there. So you did it way better!
The lead-up to the fight was very well handled too. I especially love how Bee investigated and found out about the other cybertronian. Hardtop himself and his weird understanding of stealth is interesting and since he seemed to know Bumblebee from somewhere i was almost sad he wouldn't show up again (though since the Jazz thing is still coming up, I am going to be sad about that later anyway). Again, I like the fight, I didn't have trouble envisioning it and it's always great to see creativity in fight scenes! I haven't met many authors who can write entertaining fights :) I think the whole finger-stuck-in-gear thing surprised me most or how Bee dealed with it in the end.
Also, JAZZ! Jazz appeared and he is so awesome. Worried and understanding and... You write such a great Jazz and you give him the best line later on but he is great in this chapter too.. Gah Jazz T_T
Moving on... I like how the different communications are working, considering that Bee can't talk. I also like how you give the revelation the proper gravity. Great chapter :3
Tikaya chapter 1 . 6/13
Hi there, I just want to drop by and tell you how much I love this story. I feel like you did a great job in filling out the personalities of all the cybertronians active and you also use a very good vocabulary to display the other-wordly, technology-based nature of Bumblebee in his narration. Your writing style is very interesting and I had an easy time understanding what went time despite never reading the source comic. It's great to hear what Bumblebee thought of the events and his rivalry with Barricade is extremely interesting to read about.
I think the prologue was a good way to start the story and it drew me right in. There are some minor grammar issues that you probably won't want to fix after all these years but a girl can hope.
I find it interesting how you lay out the big revelations of the movie in here but it doesn't feel forced or overloaded which I quite like. It might be even be understood by people not familiar with the Transformers fandom and that is always a bonus. The music choices were great too.
My5tic-Lali chapter 9 . 5/28
wow, this is one of the best-written transformers fic i've ever read, and I absolutely LOVE all the extra scenes you've added in and the depth of the characters that resulted! love it. I will definitely re-read this again and again.
Starshinesoldier chapter 9 . 4/17/2014
This is a really great retelling of the movie!
Lea1985 chapter 9 . 4/29/2012
good story
Mitrewny chapter 9 . 8/2/2011
Dude. Your amazing. One of the best stories I have ever read on hear!
mw chapter 9 . 7/18/2011
*wild applause and cheering* AWESOME JOB! You captured Bee's voice perfectly, the entire thing from his perspective was seamless! Loved every word! Thanks!
Komiv chapter 9 . 7/11/2011
Awesome story! I really liked the depth you put into the Autobots' perspective/background, particularly Bumblebee's (obviously!)

Keep on writing!
Albion North chapter 9 . 3/29/2011
Very nice. Having read the novelization and found it pretty much just a rehash of the screen action, I'm always glad to find work that does what a novelization *should* do: take me deeper into the thoughts and viewpoints of at least one of the major characters. Reading Bumblebee's POV was especially fun, just because he's most completely opposite of Sam and the viewer (knows the whole situation vs. clueless). I also really liked how you worked the illogical plot points into something sensible (why a visual signal? what on earth were they thinking with Mission City? how'd 'Bee's voice suddenly right itself?), and how you portrayed the variety of ways the Autobots can communicate. A most enjoyable work :)
SnowSpirit6375 chapter 9 . 4/1/2010
wow just wow I love this. Fave :3
femme4jack chapter 9 . 3/30/2010
I read this in one sitting (when I should have been working from home). It was such a great read. Thanks so much for your take on Bumblebee and the story. I'm looking forward to reading more. I honestly expected bit more reaction from Bee about the whole make out on his hood thing - it would be fun to read a one chapter on that if you ever had the time. Again, thanks. There is so much awful fanfic out there, and it is such a joy to find something this good.
kathy3meme chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
If you're still reading reviews- GREAT story. In many ways written better then the 'official' movie novelization. PLEASE consider doing the second movie.
The Dandelion Girl chapter 9 . 10/26/2009
I really appreciate the way your take on the movie delved into so many scenes that weren't present in the movie itself, but added another rich layer of background to the story overall.

Just about to start 'Finding Destiny' and hoping very much that I will be just as impressed as I am with this one! XD
demyxFAN chapter 9 . 8/23/2009
I'd love to see your work like this, in the perspective of Bee, of the 2nd movie. You write like a professional!
SemperSomnium chapter 9 . 8/3/2009
Wow, awesome story! You did such a marvellous job of catching Bee's character, as well as explaining alien stuff. XD

Great fic; I really enjoyed it!