Reviews for Leave It To Me
Oh god...poor Judai. ..
YubelHaouJudai chapter 1 . 2/5/2014
Whoa such dark thoughts 0.0
ShadowFireHime-Sama chapter 1 . 10/24/2013
kinda twisted and sad but good
reminiscent-afterthought chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
Nicely done. Interesting structure too. Especially the ending.
IkutosGirl chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
I must say the ending was my favorite;

"This was his responsibility. His duty. Like everything else had always been.

It was Yuuki Juudai who had defeated the Seven Stars.

It was Yuuki Juudai who had been the champion of darkness and defeated the Light of Ruin.

It was Yuuki Juudai who had caused this entire mess with Yubel.

It was Haou who would end it all.

It was his mess. His trash on the floor. And he would clean it up.

They could leave it to him.

Again."

The last word really got me thinking.

"Again."

It gave off the sense that somewhere deep down in Judai he was hurting because he knew his friends had always depended on him when they needed help and now that burden was replaced on his shoulders and he couldn't escape it. It had to be him, no matter what happened.

Great story! I really did enjoy it~
moonray9 chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
Great work! This was really good! I love the emotion in it!
KrazieKat chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Ya know, one of these days, you're gonna force me to give in and watch GX. You do know that, right? Especially since I can't quite see how Juudai goes from how he is the first couple of episodes, to this. Although I think you did a fine stream of consciousness display of descent into the Haou's mindset. Brr. Positively chilling.
HK-47 Scarlet chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
Once again, I'm in awe. I will attempt to give this fic the kind of review it deserves to the best of my ability. First I'd like to let you know that I only watched the dub, and I've just recently started the sub, which I already like better, heh, so my knowledge on Haou and Yubel is VERY little, since it's been so long since I've even seen the dub. BUT, that did NOT deter my enjoyment of this fic. Forgive me if I misunderstand some things. Well, Here it goes:

The mood I got was very depressing; I'm not sure if that's what you were going for, but it's definitely the vibe I got. I felt a sense of bitter sweet hope, if that makes sense. Your words were strong, which is of course, a good thing. It wasn't your choice of words, but the WAY you worded everything. It's as if you had a message to get across, and you DID it. I so hope I'm making sense.

I can tell you truly have respect for the characters; it shows SO much in the way your write about them.

The idea was so well put; Juudai turning to see the reflections in the mirrors, only to have them quickly vanish before he caught a good glimpse of them. Brilliant.

I’m not sure if this is the idea, and forgive me if I’m wrong, but it seems as if Juudai is stepping aside and letting Haou clean up everything, no?

I like the way he’s reflecting on the past, while focusing on the future.

/But he could not tell them. They would not understand. They would not believe. He wasn’t even certain if he fully understood it all himself. And there was a difference, small as it was, between himself as he was in this hall of mirrors and memory, and himself as he was as Haou. Haou did what he had to do and did not waste his time with reflection. That was what he was for. He thought. Haou acted./

So, it’s as if Juudai is the mind and Haou is the body? Probably not literally, but it seems that way. I think it’s interesting how you stressed that they were the same, yet different. The two sides of the same coin analogy fit perfectly in that respect.

/ It was Yuuki Juudai who had defeated the Seven Stars.

It was Yuuki Juudai who had caused this entire mess with Yubel.

It was Haou who would end it all.

It was his mess. His trash on the floor. And he would clean it up.

They could leave it to him.

Again./

That was definitely my favorite part; it was so final. Like, his mind was made up. That’s how it has to be, no ifs, ands, or buts, about it.

I’m sorry if this wasn’t my best review; or if I got your intentions all wrong. I know almost nothing about seasons 2 or 3, as I have not seen them in ages. Hell, I barely remember season one; the most I remember are the characters, which is why I’m starting to watch the subs.

But, I still enjoyed it a LOT. It was deep, and I can certainly say original, as I have not seen anything like this being written. You didn’t need dialogue to tell a story, as you had plenty of emotions to do that far you. That’s what it felt like; it felt like this fic was written with emotion.

I swear, the canon characters must visit you in your sleep and tell you their inner most thoughts and desires, because that’s what it seems like when I read your work.

I’m not sure if Juudai had these thoughts in the show, but either way kudos to you for getting so deep in to his head, WITH Haou as well.

Ugh, I felt like this review was NOT good enough. Forgive me.

Again, wonderful job. Don’t hesitate to ask me for reviews in the future; ALL your fics deserve reviews.

Happy Writing, Higuchimon!