Reviews for Seen In A Certain Light
yuriko777 chapter 2 . 8/16
your using that swear so wrong
yuriko777 chapter 10 . 8/16
I've never found an Artemis fowl vampire fic even though he could be the descendant of Dracula
CBA7412 chapter 23 . 4/1
Beautiful story. I would write a really long review, but the words have already been said in the review before mine by arkveil7. I agree completely with all others who review this story. It takes a lot for me to cry when reading a story, but this one held so much emotion that it would be hard not to. Thank you for writing this. It was magnificent.
arkveil7 chapter 23 . 2/2
Throughout history, several works of art have been made, starting since the moment culture began to take form; while there have been many variations and styles, all have the same, fundamental goal:to connect with their audience in some level. With this aspiration in mind, artists seek their own methods to realize their goal-some fall short, and others join the stars. I cannot affirm it enough when I declare that "Seen In A Certain Light" is a brilliant story, no matter what light you see it under.

This will have been my second time reading this novel, currently 2016, and this will have been the second time I have been brought to tears by it, back in 2011 I believe. "Seen In A Certain Light" has brought out so many powerful emotions while I read it: I lose track of how many times I would unknowingly form a smile as I read the antics of Artemis and Holly, and I found all of your interpretations of the characters so full of personality that I could not bring myself to dislike any of them; even Minerva held my favor.

This tale had my attention from the very beginning, through the ups and downs of one of the most romantic stories I've read, and when we reached the finale, I could not hold back the tears that gushed out as I bare witness the last, most brilliant moment of the story. So many emotions I felt, reading the final act play out: I laughed from the banter between Artemis and Holly, I felt sympathy for the poor Commander, who fell deeper in love for his officer, it hurt to see Foaly never say goodbye, and I sobbed bittersweet tears as I watched Artemis and Holly pass on.

I cannot thank you enough for writing this story; it will be one I shall always remember. Anytime I want to cheer up, I'll come back here and relive this wonderful tale.
-ArkVeil
Viper5delta chapter 23 . 1/10
Amazing writing. I would try to write a better review, but I don't think I could do this story justice. It's a true gem and I'm glad I read it.
Having read this fanfiction for the 3rd time I though I should probably give a review.
This has to be one of my all time favourite fanfictions. The way it's written, the characters, the story, all make it so wonderful.
There were times where I was laughing and times where I was crying.
You should have seen the tears when Butler died.
But basically I would recommend this fanfiction to any Artemis Fowl fan because it's just so brilliant
Fundindar chapter 7 . 9/4/2015
Can I just briefly point out that Myles is about... 7 years out of puberty? No matter how mentally mature is he is, he ain't gonna get interested in girls for at least another half-decade. He simply does not have the hormones for it.
Jengurl24 chapter 23 . 7/13/2015
Oh God, this ending was beautiful. I could elucidate but I'm too choked up to go into details. Maybe later. Bravo, seriously; this has been a wonderful read!
n chapter 21 . 6/7/2015
this is still my favourite artemis fowl fic 3
whitealmond chapter 23 . 4/29/2015
Oh, you made me cry, you really did. There were so many jewels in this story, so many phrases and witty lines that I adored. I really loved your style - your choice of words, the way you described things, the tone. You have a wonderful grasp of language; you paint beautiful scenes - like Artemis and Holly's bedroom, in the end.

These last few chapters really whizzed by. What happened to Coral, anyway? And No.1? And Opal, the one who started it all, for that matter? And I'm rather unhappy that Coral never learns about her fairy heritage - I find it hard to believe that no other crisis occurs that calls for Artemis and Holly's teamwork. But I can forgive these plot points because this isn't an adventure story (though the part with Minerva WAS extremely exciting), and the point was to focus on Artemis and Holly's relationship. Which you did, magnificently.

Ugh, the ending, the ending - I feel like you tossed me off a cliff. I reach the peak of the parabola, before the inevitable plunge, hurtling into darkness. Foaly listening to the birds singing in the silence. Holly's acceptance of Artemis, when he still doesn't really believe it, old as he is. You managed to capture something tragic and uplifting at the same time that I still can't wrap my head around, that will worry at my heart with sharp little claws for a long, long time.
whitealmond chapter 15 . 4/29/2015
Your descriptions of their lovemaking are simply gorgeous and poetic ;-; I love the aquatic metaphors and how dreamlike and surreal their time together is.
whitealmond chapter 14 . 4/29/2015
My favorite scene was Holly walking up to retrieve Artemis in front of his students - this was eclipsed by the ending of this chapter. You made it happen so naturally; it was wonderful to read
whitealmond chapter 13 . 4/29/2015
Holly and Artemis' conversations make me grin throughout XD
whitealmond chapter 9 . 4/28/2015
The golden light around her throat was the best part in this chapter for me. Of course it would be gold that makes Artemis break down and kiss Holly again.
whitealmond chapter 8 . 4/28/2015
Wow, this chapter, especially the end, was particularly poetic.