Reviews for Recovery
Bell 1 chapter 21 . 5/31/2014
I really enjoyed this story, with the exception of some of the details (such as Andi and Heath would be more than just three years apart... Heath was 3 when Emmett met him in June, which means he would have turned 4 in August... Bella had one more year of college, which means they wouldn't have moved to Arizona for at least 9 months (let's say end of May/early June... making Heath nearly 5... in August) and even if she got pregnant immediately after moving to AZ, she wouldn't have had Andi until Heath was nearly 6 years old (expecting Andi to be born in March/April) .

The roller coaster ride of Emmett & Bella's love lives was heart-wrenching. I'm glad Bella's pregnancy with Heath helped her to get over her pain addiction and seemingly grow up (well, with the exception of her silent treatment of Emmett for three years).

Even everyone else, well, except for maybe Edward and Rosalie, had difficult relationships in this story. Quite intriguing that Alice and Jasper didn't end up together. I can't blame Alice though, Jasper seemed to change a lot because of his sister's problems. He became overbearing and controlling. I'm glad Alice and Shane found a HEA with each other. Poor Shane though, loving Bella so much that he instantly forgave her for cheating on him with Emmett and then helping to raise her son from that incident.

Yes, this was a very abrupt ending, but you did finish the story, so kudos for that. ;) In fact it was such a relief for Emmett and Bella to finally get past their self-inflicted pain of not being together, which was so ridiculous anyway. Why they did that to themselves was so crazy... I'm glad they both decided to go to therapy to get through their issues. If only Bella hadn't stopped taking Emmett's calls though, Emmett might have known about Heath a lot sooner. However, it was Bella's own fault for jumping to conclusions and not giving Emmett a chance to explain.

Thank you for sharing your story with us. :D
Bell 1 chapter 13 . 5/30/2014
WOW! How embarrassing for all of that to happen in front of a crowd of peers and relatives. YIKES!

Poor Marie and Shane. I can just imagine their devastation at watching their boyfriend/girlfriend not only declare their love for each other, but to make out on stage in front of everyone, parents and fellow students, teachers and relatives. Plus, the fact that no school administrator/teacher broke up the display they were putting on, or stating that it isn't possible for her to give away her place as valedictorian because the records will always show that she was top of the class, even by a margin.

I'm both happy and sad for Emmett and Bella, constantly teetering on the edge of love and pain. They have certainly found another way of feeding their addiction to pain, just as Bella said... she replaced the physical pain of cutting herself with the emotional pain by pushing Emmett away. Emmett may have given up cutting, but he is doing the same thing in a way. However, he is also trying to protect his heart in the only way he can think of after she broke it.

I almost want to kill Bella with the way she keeps stringing Emmett along with her "I love you, but we can't be together" ways. I can't blame Emmett for how he is being with the way she is treating him. I only see Bella breaking up with Emmett to replace her cutting addiction. I don't see any other reason for her to do end things with him. Sure, Jasper didn't want them together, but that is the only reason and it was never brought up again.

Speaking of Jasper, I wonder what he thinks about all of Bella's and Emmett's displays of affection and love... about how he feels about seeing Bella so unhappy. Emmett and he were friends before Bella came along, how does Jasper feel about their friendship now... does he miss it? Or is he perfectly happy with how things are between them? Did Bella have Jasper and everyone else fooled into thinking she was happy? Somehow, I find that extremely unlikely based on their very public graduation confessions.

On to the next chapter.
Bell 1 chapter 10 . 5/30/2014
I wanted to PM this, but since it is turned off... Unfortunately, this is bothering me enough... please don't take this as me not liking your story because that is NOT the case. I am enjoying the story. However, two things strongly grabbed my attention about this chapter...

1. Emmett met Bella in the middle of his Junior year of high school before their summer vacation, which means he has not known her for 1 year, 3 months. Instead, he has only known her for nearly 9 months.

2. There is no way Emmett would have made it to Alaska running without stopping from Forks, WA as a human. It takes more time driving that distance in a car (42 hours, nearly 2 days). In fact, I know someone that ran a 150 mile marathon. It took him 72 hours (3 days) to complete... and he, is an intermediate/experienced runner. He was exhausted once it was over.

Alaska is much further than 150 miles from Forks, WA. At nearly 2,000 miles from Forks to the Alaskan border (not even in an Alaska town), he would have been running non-stop for approximately 287 hours (12 days) without any sleep, water, or food. We all know it would have been impossible run that long without the proper nutrients, or fluids. Plus, your body would give out of exhaustion (the guy I know even took a 30 minute nap about 1/2 into his 150 mile marathon).

Even running to Port Angeles (nearly 60 miles from Forks) wouldn't really be likely for someone that was only a Football athlete and only 17 years old. Going by the experience of guy I mentioned above (going to Port Angeles), that would have taken Emmett nearly 18 hours.
Bell 1 chapter 3 . 5/29/2014
The only thing that keeps going through my head is, what is a nine year old doing wearing a bra (even if it is a sports bra)? I know, weird with everything else going on in the chapter. I just don't know any nine year old girls that need even a training bra... even when I was nine.

I guess I also don't understand why Bella would have done that. Her reasoning doesn't even sound like a good one for revealing something like that. :(
Liz 1974 chapter 22 . 7/29/2013
I love this story it was sweet how they ended up together
vampiregirl31 chapter 22 . 7/28/2013
OMG i CRIED IT WAS A SAD STORY ...THEN TRUE LOVE COMES THROW .
gLeekedOut chapter 21 . 10/24/2012
I really logged this story! My best friend made fun of me cause I was constantly yelling at them to pull their heads out of their asses and get back together lmao great story!
InuFan21497 chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
That was a great story!
sherry williams chapter 10 . 7/16/2012
omg no emmett dont give up on her...
Guest chapter 9 . 7/16/2012
poor bella... i hope jasper leaves them alone from now on but i dont think he will...
sherry williams chapter 8 . 7/15/2012
the story is amazing but what is jasper's problem?
sherry williams chapter 7 . 7/15/2012
what the hell it wrong with jasper? why is he doing this to not only emmett but his sister as well?
sherry williams chapter 6 . 7/15/2012
omg! bella needs to tell jasper to back off a little but that she still does and will always love him...
sherry williams chapter 5 . 7/15/2012
wow... amazing story... love it...
sherry williams chapter 4 . 7/15/2012
i glad they are friends again...