Reviews for The Tao of Mag
Citiesofcolor chapter 8 . 12/2/2010
HOW DID I MISS THIS! Seriously? I must have been living under a rock somewhere. Sorry :( By the way... Tawny's still awesome. His gayness is fabulous. His flambouyance is fantastic. His... I ran out of nice f- words. Awww. Well, I'm happy. :) And biting my fingernails until you update. But only because I love you. SQUEE!
Magical Shovel chapter 7 . 11/12/2009
Tawny reminds me of a gay, disco man from the seventies. xD Now we just need the strobe lights! My eyes just bled. Him? Maid uniforms? xD BWAH.

Internet memes? o.o Boy, I would really bother Rotti on that last one there. LOL. OMFGZ. ITZ RAININ TURTLEZ. Random, I know. Don't worry, they shouldn't kill you... yet. It's if you don't update for weeks. Then, they will come with ze baseball bats.

Can't wait for the other half.
Citiesofcolor chapter 7 . 11/11/2009
Haha! I love him. Seriously. He may be my favorite Repo! character after Mag :D He makes me lol.

Impeccable chapter! Grammar is perfect, and the humor isn't even vaguely hidden with sarcasm like most chapters. I caught no spelling mistakes, which makes it all the better.

You certainly took your time writing this, but I have no qualms. Good things come to those who wait, and though I am not patient by nature, fanfiction has given me more lessons in patience than anyone else ever has come close too. As long as I eventually get a chapter, I don't care when it happens.

Glad to have you back, for however short the amount of time may be.

(Oh... about the life getting hard... Right there with you. No need to explain it to me, because anyone who actually says it struggled to put it out in public. That's bravery my friend, and you even managed to be hilarious doing it :)R-E-S-P-E-C-T goes to you!)

Until next time,

Peahen :D lol
ElementalAtBest chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
Well done. I never thought of the backstory as unfolding this's an interesting and very plausible idea.
Magical Shovel chapter 6 . 6/13/2009
xD Tawny's great! He's so flamboyant. Squee.

“Damn girl! Your eyes are super cool!” That made me smile.

Newspaper fwack.

Anyways, loved this chapter.

Citiesofcolor chapter 6 . 6/8/2009
I LOVE IT! I love Tawny. He sounds totally hot. It's a pity he's gay, as I would totally date him. The fact he can play the piano and is a voice coach (?, I'm not sure exactly what he is...) completely seals the deal. Cannot wait for the next one with my character in it! But, just to get something straight, as I'm sure you already know, I'm a girl ;).

Your description of Amber/Carmella sounds about right, exactly how I would think she would have looked before all the surgeries, as well as the way you described her wardrobe. I see her as a tomboy... Maybe her first surgery was for if she skinned her knees and they scarred... Yes, you can use that in your story if you want.

Mag is increasingly complicated, and I'm loving her social awkwardness. It's endearing and pitying at the same time. If your Mag was a real person, I would want to get to know her. You are continuing to write your characters as round and dynamic, and that is very hard to do. Great job with who is turning out to be your main character. Or did you mean to do that? It started out equal time for Mag and Marni... But it is called Tao of Mag...

Marni I can't stand anymore. She's a bitch. I like that you made her change too. She becomes materialistic and petty because she is trying to make do with what she can. And, because she has gone so long without her best friend, she isn't used to being with her and being close with anyone, well, except the semi-rapist Rotti.

All in all, I deem this chapter an A. You go from the pit of despair to the awesomeness that is Tawny. Great, great job. Again, may I express my undying love of Tawny? Cuz I do ;D
Forestwater chapter 6 . 6/8/2009
I liked this one. It was mostly dialogue (which I'm sure you noticed :D), but it worked very well to show how Mag reacts to . . . well, whatever the hell these guys are. Freaks, I guess. Good chapter.
Magical Shovel chapter 5 . 5/23/2009
“Oh, there’s always a choice Miss. Defoue.

“There doesn’t seem to be one in this case.”

I liked those two lines a lot. Overall, very interesting. Mag's got eyes! You depict her different from a lot of other fanfictions. She's not as kind and welcoming? She's seen the world or should I say she felt or experienced it. She knows it's cruelties. Thus, she seems cold herself.

A job well done!
Citiesofcolor chapter 5 . 5/22/2009
Interesting... Very interesting twist there... You should have added parts of voice training from childhood though because she is an opera star. You aren't just born with it, to cultivate a voice like Sarah Brightman's, you need years and years of constant training and coaching. So, if you could incorporate it, it would make the story more believable.

But, still, very interesting and thought-provoking. I'm still interested, and am looking forward to your next chapter.

Also, I was thinking that you did something that either you happened upon by mistake, or did it purposefully. Either way, I deem it brilliant. You tweaked Mag's character as if it really had been a year in a coma. You made her a little more bitter, a little more cynical (though reading one of my reviews usually does that to people...). Almost as if she was withdrawing herself from the world, as I see Mag doing in the movie more and more as a way to cope with grief.

Anyway, find a way to explain the Opera singing (and yes, it is impossible to get a voice like that through a few months of training... ;D) and all will be perfect. I'm actually looking forward to meeting Nathan in this story, along with the NathanxMag arc you promised us in the beginning. That's actually what got me to your story. I'm not a super huge fan of femslash...
Forestwater chapter 5 . 5/22/2009
Very interesting in saying that Mag can't read. That never occurred to me, but it makes perfect sense.

There were only two things that I found a little . . . off.

The first was that one gentern whom Rotti interrupted. She seemed a little rude to him, which either means she's very new or very stupid. Rotti Largo doesn't seem like the type of guy who would take being snapped at well, and all the genterns in the movie made a show of always agreeing with him and/or being extremely unemotional. It's helping them stay alive and keep their jobs.

However, I will agree that their attitudes may have been slightly different before repossessing was legal, but still - it's not smart to be mean to your boss, especially if he's considered godlike.

The second thing that seemed strange was Mag's inclination toward Marni. There wasn't really any closeness to her, which strikes me as odd because they were so close in the beginning, and Marni went through all of this trouble for her. If anything, they should be closer than ever.

The only thing I can think of that would separate them would be Marni's relationship with Rotti, and if Mag really thought that was so destructive, wouldn't she try and do something about it? She just seems to be writing Marni off as a lost cause, which isn't like the Mag you've established earlier in this story.

Don't get wrong at all: I still like this story a lot, and I still am really interested in where it's going. Those were just things to think about.

P.S. I love her thoughts about fame; it seems to fit her very well.
Forestwater chapter 3 . 5/21/2009
Interesting. I like that Marni is a very three-dimensional character, with thoughts and emotions that are relatable, and flaws as well as virtues. Marni's always been one of the most fascinating characters to me, and her relationship with Mag is so ambiguous that I like to see what other people think of it.

I like it a lot, and I want to see where it's going. It gets better with each chapter.
Citiesofcolor chapter 4 . 5/21/2009
The year thing threw me for a loop. Confusing, a little unbelievable, but then again, the whole idea of Repo! is unbelievable...

Sad. Very, very sad. Depressing even. but, it has Mag in it, so I can't complain too much. I'll be waiting for the next chapter. Keep going.

Grade: B (well, I'm depressed right now, so it's bound to be low. Next lone will be better if it is happier)
Magical Shovel chapter 3 . 5/11/2009
I'm your reviewing stalker...-Evil laugh.- In all seriousness, it's a well written piece. I still shudder at the MarnixRotti beginning. Emotionally scarring. -Convulses.-

"There’s beauty in the world as well,” My favorite part. It's a real 'Aw.' moment. You can tell that Mag cares for Marni and vice versa. They're true friends and your writing shows that. Good job. I applaud.
Citiesofcolor chapter 3 . 5/11/2009
I skipped the first part, it isn't really my thing.

That last part though, although very short, was very emotionally complex. I applaud you for getting so deep in such a short amount of space. keep the good chapters coming!
Bonnie in the Rafters chapter 2 . 5/10/2009
Marni's such a silly...nevermind.

Continue with this, I love it! It's very well-written and different from a lot of stories on here, not too gooey or tragic or anything.