Reviews for The City of Shadows
Nenalata chapter 24 . 4/22/2010
I have not been on for a while, so you have my apologies. Anyway!

Even more humour this time! Seems like you're having more and more fun writing it xD Anyway, I really like the introduction of Source 1 of the mist-not only does it mean part of the mystery is being solved, but Marquis actually does something!

The vampires continue to be my favourite characters, by the way. I hope that when this mess is all done they're still alive and have a constant stream of blood to keep them happy.

Looking forward to the next chapter quite a bit. And congratulations on such snappy updates!
71stknight chapter 22 . 3/14/2010
wow this is a very good story! very descriptive, though maybe instead of refering to them as "humans" u could refer to their race, like Nord or Breton, more often. Just saying!
Nenalata chapter 21 . 2/28/2010
Finally got around to faving and reviewing.

Flat-out, the story is incredible. To use a few positive adjectives, it's original and creative, witty, well-written...I love the idea for it all that you used, as well as making the Imperial City written as larger, as well as playing on the social negatives of vampirism. I absolutely love it, and I don't want to sound...er...creepy by dragging this out, so I'll finish up by saying that I'm immensely looking forward to the update.

~Jocelyn
Crisium chapter 18 . 10/18/2009
I'm so glad you've updated- I've missed this story.

Julius just cannot catch a break, can he? I can't even imagine how incredibly foul it's got to be to swim in those sewers, much less to have the water in your *mouth*.

And the Arboretum sounds like an interesting place- if one I'd rather avoid, even well-armed and with vampires for guides. I rather like the idea of such a peaceful, ordered place having grown wild and dangerous over the course of years.
Crisium chapter 17 . 9/9/2009
Totally the wind. *chuckles*

But geez, poor Julius. That's got to be one of the least inviting circumstances for an impromptu swim in the history of fan fiction.

And I'm not quite sure what to think of Lyra. I'm beginning to wonder if there's more cleverness there than I'd originally thought. In any case, good chapter- and keep up the good work!
Crisium chapter 16 . 8/26/2009
Your characterizations, as always, are such a strong point in your story. Marquis in particular keeps striking me as interesting- cowardly, but perhaps understandably so, funny, but not necessarily intentionally.

And I'm curious about the mist, and its connection to White Gold Tower (if there is one). I can't figure it, but I'm looking forward to where it's going.

As always- great chapter!
Jessica Marsh chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
This story immediately draws the reader in by adding the element of the prophet - good job, I feel like I'm hooked already. I haven't seen a story for Oblivion yet that's based outside of the time period of the game, so this makes the City of Shadows in a league on its own. Descriptive and intriguing - I'll definitely keep reading. :)
Crisium chapter 15 . 8/1/2009
So much to remark on, here.

Firstly, I think, your sense of gallows humor is one of the things that makes this story one of my favorites. The club ending any of Julius's thoughts, to the image of Marquis scraping his bindings on a rusty knife for a year or two- it just brings a lot of personality to the story.

Additionally, I'm intrigued by the way you've got the districts set up as nearly separate, bordering nations- like Tamriel in miniature with warring provinces, nearly. It's not something I'd ever have thought of but you make it make sense. And the description of Green Emperor Way as the only peaceful place in the city was rather lovely and more than a little sad.

Another great chapter- keep up the good work!
Crisium chapter 14 . 7/20/2009
I'm not quite sure how I missed your update. In any case, it's a good chapter, if short. I think Daniel is my favorite of your vampires- his personality really comes across well.

And:

"How can you expect me to go along with your ideas without being drunk?"

That was quite good. It's hard to be Marquis.

Keep up the good work!
Crisium chapter 13 . 7/5/2009
"Oh, but that's just a myth. You know that! It is a myth, isn't it?"

The dialog between your vampires is fantastic, as always.

And I'm still intrigued by the mist, and (who's) controlling it, and have to wonder if the increasing strength of the mist means that the base source of power for the one behind the mist is getting stronger too.

Anyway. Great chapter. Keep up the good work!
hehe. Boom chapter 11 . 6/26/2009
You are an amazing writer. I especially like Sed.
Crisium chapter 11 . 6/25/2009
I think you're exhibiting a bit of wry humor in this story that wasn't so much in evidence in A Cloak of Lies (with notable exceptions, of course). I like it. Your pace seems more relaxed as well. Your style reminds me very strongly of someone, but I can't for the life of me remember the author's name. It's one of those right on the tip of the tongue but maddeningly elusive types of things. I'll figure it out. In any case, I'm rambling.

Your characters, your unique vision of the Imperial City, and the way the two interact continue to be intriguing.

Well done, and worth the wait.
Crisium chapter 10 . 6/16/2009
Ah, so we're digging into the mystery, now.

There's really a lot here for just one chapter's worth of words.

"Tactical assessment? So basically, you're going to go off, leave us here, sneak past them, then do your best to pull a plan out of nowhere, but in all likelihood get us killed?"

Bwah ha ha.

A very interesting mix of horror and humor and history. Worrying about furniture while surrounded by monsters and zombies and mist. Love the part about the Arcane University and the Redguards, that's just intriguing. And the prospect of spending the night down there? I feel sorry for poor Sven, but I'm sure it'll prove interesting.

Keep up the good work!
LuxVeritatus chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
I have read cloak of lies hopefully you make this one as successful as it. Keep it up really enjoy the stroy thus far.
Crisium chapter 9 . 6/12/2009
Your dialog is just fantastic here. I'm not a vampire fan by any means, but Sed is a rather intriguing character. Is the pink socks and starter kit part of the reference, or is that yours?

I don't know if it's intentional or not, but somehow City of Shadows feels more like an Oblivion fic than A Cloak of Lies did. That one felt almost so original that it stood alone- like it was built around the bones of the lore but ignored the world and people (for the most part) and went off in its own direction. This one feels more organic, somehow- no less original, but more like it belongs in the Oblivion world. It's hard to explain. I have to think it's because of your characters.

In any case, I'm rambling. Good job, keep up the good work- and I'm looking forward to seeing the upcoming action and plot.