Reviews for The Soul Collector
firewinkle of the lost banana chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
Did he pick Dean? Cause when those last few words pop up that's what Dean's always been to Sam right? I don't know how he could pick the others. Dean's always been the other half. Oh well, whatever happens happens.
Kelcor chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
I know what that 'one word' will be! I love this! Very well written! Can't wait for the next installment! :o)

Kelcor
adder574 chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
I loved the first chapter. It's so easy to think that Sam will say Dean, but if he picks Dean but with Dean going to hell, he'll only have him a few months with him. That has to be tough, when he could have Jess or his mother or father back. I'm really looking forward to the next chapter. I can't wait to see how Sam and Dean came to be in this situation.
PADavis chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
Oh yeah, it's Dean. Well I hope so at least. Beautiful first chapter, great cliff, and wonderful creepy villain. Loved Sam's reaction to each of the three, and the demon selling each one. My guess is the next chap is a flashback so we can see how he got to this point - and you can delay letting us know what Sam said a bit longer. Because you can.

Phoebe
starzstruck-1 chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
If he doesn't say "Dean" i'm going to cry. Plz post soon.
with the weight of your heart chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
Wow I love this. I can't wait for the next chapter!

So I'm guessing he said 'Dean' ? God I hope so...
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
Very tense start. The demon is typically obnoxious and creepy, and his taunting of Sam and what is going to happen is frustrating to listen to. I feel sorry for Sam having to make such a choice but part of me is confident he will chose Dean, simply because when you consider all the words rushing around in his head Dean has been ALL of them to Sam, all his life.

Still, that doesn't make the feelings Sam must be experiencing any easier.

It sounds from your a/n as if you have been working on this one for a long time and have put a lot of effort into it, so I hope it does well. You seem to have quite a few (good) reviews already though, just for the first chapter, so I'm sure that is a given! :)
Twinchy chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
That was lovely - and such an impossible and tough choice for poor little Sammy.

Yet, there's only one answer for the question... and I'm beyond sure that, while Sammy certainly would have given anything to have all of them back, his only chance of getting the most of all three beloved peoples' traits is rescuing Dean. His brother has always been mother, father and best friend for him IMHO, standing unconditionally by his side.

In a way that's no choice at all - particularly considering how the demon deliberately neglected mentioning Dean in the first place. There's got to be a reason for his not wanting the older brother saved.
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
Very nice start. Intriguing. And, boy, do I ever hate the bad guy-the smarmy SOB.

I didn't realize you'd been bouncing this idea around. Glad your "bouncees" convinced you to go with it and post.
writeeofpassage chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
All the bold words scream "Dean" to me. He's all those things to Sam...yes...even mother lol. Amazing first chapter. I'm in love. This story is amazing so far, and for some reason inexplicably suspenseful. Sam's in a tough position...can't wait to find out how he got in it. Beautiful job on this. I'll be waiting...you've gotten me hooked! :)
pickamix chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
Very provocative first chapter... can't wait for more.
Stephieblas chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
great prologue! although i must admit i was so mad when i got to your cliffhanger. anyways you did great in capturing sam's esence i can actually see him going through the motions, his face, the confused look great job with characterization. also i can't wait to know what happened to get them to this point! how did sam win etc.. great chapter and please update soon
Joby87 chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
Hey Beth. I just have one word: DAMN! This was good! No, this was incredible. Great Prologue! I'm still wondering what exactly happened that led to this point, but I know you'll get to it. And yes, I'm definitely going to be one of those crazy zany fans waiting for an update...but no pressure. Phew, it was kinda suspenseful in a way, thinking holy crap who is he going to choose? But come on, he's gotta choose Dean, right? I don't know, I guess I'll find out. So yeah, can't wait for the next chapter to find out what transpired. And who is this soul collector? He's kinda creepy! And your writing style... have you been holding out on me? Are you like one of those famous writers? Your writing style is truly brilliant, I'm totally jealous! Okay, all and all it was awesome! Can't wait for the next update. Ciao! Joby ;p
Noelani618 chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
Hey! Since we were discussing the laziness of reviewers I thought I'd leave ya logged-in one ;)

Oh wow! This is off to a fantastic start! A soul collecting demon...*shudders* Creepy! Sam, you had better say Dean! Beautifully written and I particularly loved this:

"Words circled in his mind, swirling like an emotional hurricane. They repeated over and over, reverberating in his ears: mother… comforter… protector… father… hero… mentor… best friend… partner… champion… mother… comforter… protector… father… hero… mentor… best friend… partner… champion… mother… comforter… protector… father… hero… mentor… best friend… partner… champion… And behind all of them, the soft resonance of love…safety…belonging. Images began to flash through Sam’s mind, echoing with each word. He felt a deep peace blanket him, quieting the maelstrom and soothing his aching heart. And he knew what his choice had to be."

Wonderful! I look forward to reading what's next! :D
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
Wow, you really dropped poor Sam in the deep end on this one. I can't choose between chocolate and cheese and you're making him pick between the mother he never got to know, the woman he loved who was taken from him, and the father he always wanted a chance to prove himself to. Yeesh. Talk about a Sophie's Choice Cubed!

You created a wonderfully creepy villain in the soul collector *shudders* and did a fantastic job showing Sam being emotionally shredded by the decision he had to make.

Oh, and nice cliffhanger BTW - no more pointing the fingers at me, my friend!

Beautifully written.