Reviews for The Soul Collector
Noelani618 chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
Hey! Since we were discussing the laziness of reviewers I thought I'd leave ya logged-in one ;)

Oh wow! This is off to a fantastic start! A soul collecting demon...*shudders* Creepy! Sam, you had better say Dean! Beautifully written and I particularly loved this:

"Words circled in his mind, swirling like an emotional hurricane. They repeated over and over, reverberating in his ears: mother… comforter… protector… father… hero… mentor… best friend… partner… champion… mother… comforter… protector… father… hero… mentor… best friend… partner… champion… mother… comforter… protector… father… hero… mentor… best friend… partner… champion… And behind all of them, the soft resonance of love…safety…belonging. Images began to flash through Sam’s mind, echoing with each word. He felt a deep peace blanket him, quieting the maelstrom and soothing his aching heart. And he knew what his choice had to be."

Wonderful! I look forward to reading what's next! :D
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
Wow, you really dropped poor Sam in the deep end on this one. I can't choose between chocolate and cheese and you're making him pick between the mother he never got to know, the woman he loved who was taken from him, and the father he always wanted a chance to prove himself to. Yeesh. Talk about a Sophie's Choice Cubed!

You created a wonderfully creepy villain in the soul collector *shudders* and did a fantastic job showing Sam being emotionally shredded by the decision he had to make.

Oh, and nice cliffhanger BTW - no more pointing the fingers at me, my friend!

Beautifully written.

Cheers, Sculls
Aecoris chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
if sam doesn't pick dean i will cry! lol

so has dean been captured by this demon? he's not in hell right?

ooh i'm excited and i like how you bolded those words...they describe everything that dean has been to sam! can't wait for more!
ukfan101 chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
oh great start...hm when you have the words listed that are bolded...to me they all represent what Dean was to Sam...so...will he pick Dean...looking forward to reading more...
sayrae3times chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
Oh wow. Who will he choose? Amazing beginning, honey! I am really looking forward to more!
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
Great start to this story. Damn that soul demon, tempting Sam with Mary, John or Jess so as not to give Dean back to him. He's really pulling out all the stops to put Sam in an emotional turmoil. Am just hoping the only word Sam could say was "Dean", but how evil to leave us wondering until the next update!
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
Very powerful first chapter. What a choice for Sam to have to make, even if we all know the obvious one.

It would be interesting to see where you take this story, as you do have me curious, but third season was very depressing for me, especially since Sam fails to save Dean.

I'm unsure I can read this one, I'll see.

If not, great start to your story and until next time, take care.
moira4eku chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
He had better have said, "Dean", damn it! Dean has given so much for Sam, I hope Sam can do the same for him.
suz mc chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
dang...you don't mess around, do you?

Great job.
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
Wow Beth, you have really put Sammy in a dire situation...will he fall for what the soul collector is doing Will he pick somebody? But then how could he...each one having such a significance in his life. I can't wait to see what he says!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
Dean. He's going to say "Dean". He has to!

Great start! I sure do hope we're going to get some background on this. Or have I missed something?

Looking forward to more!
Lovetoread89 chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
Ooh ooh ooh I'm so intrigued! Sam must choose Dean! I don't trust this demon at all. Really impressed by this first chapter, the heavy stuff must have been difficult to write but you make it look effortless. Loved the descriptive language. I can't wait to find out what happens next! Awesome job and thank you very much for sharing!
bayre chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
Great chapter!
irismay42 chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
Gah! Evil cliffie!

That was excellent! Wow, what a choice to put in front of Sam - and just at the point in time when he was about to lose Dean anyway. I really liked that last paragraph - I think that pretty much signalled who Sam's choice has to be. (I hope!)

Looking forward to the next chapter!
pocahontas chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
I have read every story you've posted on Sam & Dean, and I am still amazed at how you KNOW them from the inside out! You really have a handle on them and I can even see them saying the words and how they would look as they say them. It really adds to the pleasure of reading their exploits and lets you feel a part of their story for a while. I have to admit it, I have found myself laughing, feeling emphatic,and even crying as I follow along with Sam and Dean. Keep up the great work,you are now my fave author!
99 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 Next »