Reviews for Foundations
r.oredein chapter 9 . 5/17
When Romilda Vane died I cried so much. You just wrote it so heart wrenching and made her such an incredible person I was so sad for her and Clive. I do get occasionally teary but full on sobs is very rare. Still need to finish the chapter but needed to say this now.
Jensindenial3516 chapter 12 . 2/19
Yes. I loved this. Thanks! ️️️

All I’ve been doing all week is reading your fics and I have homework...so much homework.
Guest chapter 12 . 9/4/2019
Yes, there IS a lot of sex in this story but it actually fits (unlike with some stories) because their relationship is a rather carnal one, so no worries on that score.

This has been such a fun, interesting, and delightful world to play in and I'm going to miss it when it's gone. I normally don't like a "cast" of OCs but it worked out so well in this story. I'd like to have read more of their bits, like, did those 2 ever get together and where did they end up working and how did the residents do and are they still clean and and and...

*sigh*

I didn't want this story to end because it's such a fantastic place to visit.
Guest chapter 9 . 9/3/2019
Harry missed the perfect chance to make a friend of the evil bird and get rid of a nuisance. He really, really should have taken it.
Guest chapter 5 . 9/3/2019
I hope Tremellen gets what's coming to him.
GingerHannah chapter 12 . 8/30/2019
Super cute, thoroughly enjoyed this story!
Claywind chapter 12 . 8/30/2019
Achievement in stubbornness: I made it all the way through this wonderful fic without knowing what the hell a flapjack was. Having now browsed for pictures, I feel very hungry. (And I understand the nurse-Healers’ disappointment over the surreal no-flapjack situation. Which was incredibly good.)
You wrote a wonderful story, with so many little details calling back to each other, that by the end of it, I felt like I was just reading what was basically an extension from canon. You’ve crafted a whole cohesive universe, and it is beautiful.

I especially loved the second half of this chapter. The beginning drama was lessened, and rather well-integrated, but I much preferred the soft rhythm of the later half.

I spent a lot of time wondering what you were going to do about the whole Tremellen situation – which seemed like the biggest untied loose-end – and I was very happy to see it concluded in the way it was. Very satisfying.

I’m usually wary of children OC – who can range from fucking annoying to so-pure-and-adorable-they’re-more-props-than-people – and, seeing as you had handled everything else superbly so far in Reparations, decided to reserve my judgement. While he tends to fall sometimes in that second category, Clive is still a rather well-written child with an actual personality and fluctuating degrees of variation upon said personality. I will not lie, most of his interest comes from the relationship he builds with Narcissa and how their interactions bring out most of her characterization.

But, mostly, I was just a pudding of warm squiggly feelings when I reached those last paragraphs.
You mentioned in an author note that you were going to potentially write one-shots in this verse. I certainly hope you did, because I don’t feel like leaving it at that.

Incidentally, I might be hyped enough to draw a fanart at some point. Would you be interested? I’ll send you a PM when I get a little drawing time to myself.

With that said, I wish you the best in your writing.
You have once again this week exceeded all my expectations.
Claywind chapter 11 . 8/28/2019
Well, this wasn’t my favorite chapter. While it was written with your customary skill, there was too much drama in this one for my taste. I’m not a huge fan of big conflicts based on misunderstandings that could have been resolved by characters just talking to each other.
Poor communication kills.

The other chapters you’ve written so far (in my opinion) found their strength in their realism and in the subtlety and realness of the human interactions depicted within. That chapter feels a bit … tacky by comparison. Like a caricature of the plot and characters you’ve written so far.
Although the make-up sex scene was quite nice (I had started to grow irked with the plot-less smut and was happy to see this one more tied to character evolution).
And the resolution – when the idiots finally got to talking like adults – was sweet.
I wonder what the repercussions will be, news-wise, what with Harry giving the child to Narcissa. And, of course, I'm impatient to read the much anticipated Skitter-confrontation (interview)
Claywind chapter 10 . 8/28/2019
I had a suspicion Narcissa would offer to raise (and maybe adopt Clive). Harry and Draco are clearly not ready to raise a child yet, no matter how cute it would look to us readers on the surface.
Also, considering the options are "communication orphanage" or "Narcissa", I am expecting Harry to ask Clive for his opinion on the matter.

Great, great story and writing, as usual. I haven't left much comments on these last chapters mainly because I couldn't wait to go read the next one.
Claywind chapter 8 . 8/27/2019
Don't mind me, I'll just be crying in the background.

In hindsight, in was probably not the best idea to read this chapter while listening to a compilation of every sad anime soundtrack in existence.
Claywind chapter 6 . 8/26/2019
That cupboard scene was so sweet. Sweetest thing I've read in a long time.
And, of course, all Narcissa-based interactions are wonderful.
I'm really impatient to see Draco interact at some point with the full Weasley family. There's only been a stiff recount of his only encounter so far and I'm super curious for a more in-depth occasion.
Claywind chapter 5 . 8/26/2019
Damn. Tremellen is basically Umbridge 2.0.
As I said before : I love to hate this guy.
Claywind chapter 2 . 8/26/2019
This is great. When bad news hit, they hit all together, don't they?
This comment will be short because I can't wait to read the next chapter, so : yay for Malfoy Manor Chem Dep (I had a general feeling it was a possibility), and I'm calling that Narcissa will know quite fast (she may not read the Prophet, but other purebloods do)
Claywind chapter 1 . 8/26/2019
It has a sequel... It has a SEQUEL ! Bwahahahahaha !
...
I'm just so happy right now. You make me so happy.

Thank you for focusing a story on the developpment and growth of an established romantic relationship. I too often find that authors see the "getting together" as the goal with nothing important or interesting happening afterwards, which is patently untrue.
So thank you for once again tackling a complex and difficult subject for writing.

As for the chapter, it was gripping. Tremellen proves once again to be an amazingly well-done antagonist that I just love to hate.
Porphyrios chapter 12 . 7/9/2019
I can't even express how much this story meant to me. You probably aren't reading the comments since this story is internet-ancient, but bless you for writing it nonetheless.
1,042 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »