Reviews for Yama Snippets
Zelinxia chapter 28 . 3/16/2012
This was beautiful! Your writing is so crisp yet poetic, so it was a pleasant read throughout. I am very fond of slices-of-life Yama fics, or any Yama fics in general, so seeing your take on their six months of mostly non-verbal communication was great. In summary, I like how you slowly develop them getting closer to each other; some of my favorites were them taking care of each other, and how they were getting used to being physically closer, relying on each others side even during the battles. Bringing in their pasts to highlight their reactions, etc. was also marvelous. All in all, this was worth it to read the whole night.
black pudding chapter 28 . 2/22/2012
So I just wanted to tell you that I LOVE THIS FIC ASDAHSJDHAK

I don't know how you do it, but it has an atmosphere that is so Clamp-like, I don't even know. Your writing style carries the mood of the manga perfectly- quiet and flowing. I like how there is variety in the snippets - humour, bonding and introspective pieces alternate, so that you never grow tired of one type of it.

Also, you got their characters perfectly, and this tyoe of - pre-pre-slash I think you called it? It's just LOVE. For peope like me who strangely do not like any actual, you know, romance (in the trditional sense) between the two, it's a gold mine. Yu know, you can see that they care about each other a hell of a lot even without steamy scenes 3 3

Although I did think the final snippets fell a bit short - not because I expected some grand finale, but because I kind of think that they could have been written in one go, you know? But meh, that's probably just my small aversion for really small drabbles and the disappointment about this shiny piece coming to an end shining through 3

So, this is definitely going to my favs (and I hope you don't mind that I included your fics into my rec list over at LJ? ö.ö)

3, bp
Namna-dono chapter 13 . 12/12/2011
I've been able to whistle since I was three. One day my friend asked me to teach her to. Turns out she was trying to whistle with her teeth shut.
Karma Kat 281 chapter 28 . 10/12/2011
I like your story a lot. Have you ever read Faulkner? Some of your sentences reminded me of his. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing! Just kind of confusing sometimes.

"making the ache worse and then taking it away, leaving only a cool relief" A metaphor, yes? :)

I liked a version of Yama where Kurogane and Fai got closer together, but didn't have sex. I feel like that would take them many years, not just a few months, you know?

All right, I'm done with the crazy-long review. I loved your story!
Gingerbread Owl chapter 28 . 12/11/2010
I wish this fic could have gone on forever, I loved it so much.
Bottan chapter 28 . 11/23/2010
I liked it a lot. Thanks for writing this amazing story, and for battling with it for such a long time. I really enjoyed reading it and indeed it *did* pose the Yama episode in a new light for me. Also, this was the most honest, straightforward story that I've read about their time in Yama up to now, and also the one that felt closest to what might actually have happened there.

I liked how you stayed with the pre-pre-slash and the way you ended it rather abruptly. The way their everyday life suddenly seemed almost superfluent and how they couldn't wait to leave. Especially the short sentence on how much had changed between them impressed me, even though they would fall back into old patterns, once being back with the children again.

All in all, this is a brilliant piece and one of my favorite stories, when it comes to TRC. Basically I just want to tell you: Good job! And: Thanks for your hard work! And: I hope you won't ever stop writing because you got some real talent! ;)
Bottan chapter 26 . 11/23/2010
Ahahahah, so nice how Kurogane is all itzy about Fai noticing that he's "an eye-catch"... *laughing her head off*

Really amusing snippet!
Bottan chapter 24 . 11/23/2010
Nice one. The acceptance of the bodily proximity and especialy the way it feels completely natural make this one special. Love it.
Bottan chapter 22 . 11/23/2010
Beautiful scene to describe his change of feelings. Unique images to illustrate your point. Loving it.
Bottan chapter 21 . 11/23/2010
"(...) and they are different, not a thing alike, but they are even, and they are a match."

Hah, love it. I also like the way the shorter chapters do justice to the routine creeping in, to exactly the way everything fits together without many words. Beautiful work, really.
Bottan chapter 20 . 11/23/2010
This is amazingly... cute. Kurogane cutting Fai's hair just seems so... domestic. And sweet. Even though he does it in that gruffy manner of his. Loved it.

I also enjoyed the introspection on how they behave distant around people. And how they fight with not letting their hope of Syaoran and Sakura arriving dwindle and vanish. It draws a very clear picture of how they spent their time in Yama. And I really enjoy reading something so coherent and feels so fitting alltogether *right*.
Bottan chapter 19 . 11/23/2010
I love your drabbles. Argh, I love them so hard! Goddamn you, how can you write something so beautiful!

Anyways: I love the dream with Fai drowning and the way Kurogane knows about it being a dream and being relieved when waking up. It comes together so nicely.
Bottan chapter 18 . 11/23/2010
Nice one. I always like the ones when they slowly find out, how well they actually do fit together and are quitely surprised by the fact. Beautiful writing, as always.

(Oh, and after thinking it over, forget about me wanting an explanation for the last chapter... I get it now that there doesn't need to be a cause for the hurt in Fai's shin (as most of us know that phenomenon) for Kurogane to notice and make it go away.)
Bottan chapter 17 . 11/23/2010
This was strange and confusing and sweet. XD' And I liked it. (I'll like it even more, if it's explained in the next chapter *laughing*)
Bottan chapter 16 . 11/23/2010
Oh, I liked the drunken singing. There was something incredibly melancholic to it and something like wry amusement. I really enjoyed the mad haze of Fai's drunkenness and the sober silence with that Kurogane cared for him afterwards. The contrast leaves a strong impression and I really, really like that.