Reviews for Enterprising Drabbles
Mira-Jade chapter 21 . 5/5/2010
I'll admit it. The first time I read this, I was raising a brow, trying to connect the dots between good ol' Trek and these drabbles. It was . . . odd. Then I read them again, and I liked them. A lot.

A lot lot.

I'm kinda scared with myself now. lol!

But, that's hats off to you for making Star Trek work as a Western, as all things! I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more along that line!
Psychodahlia chapter 20 . 10/1/2009
I can't believe I forgot to review the last chapter. Mea culpa, mea culpa.

The first drabble was my favorite. That last line was so in character and it made me pause and wonder just how Kirk would react if he found out he made out with his sister.

The second drabble gave me a pleasant five minutes of thinking who the speakers were. I'm pretty sure one of them is Spock, but the other is a mystery.

The last one really wrapped up the series and defined Kirk as a strong individual. That's a really refreshing view of him because so often fanfic treats him like a dumb tramp. You managed to point out how smart and action oriented he is in a few sentences.

Anyways, sorry agin for the late review. I really enjoyed the fic and I will look for more of your work.
Tenebrielle chapter 20 . 8/26/2009
Thanks for the shout-out! :)

Star Wars in Star Trek! Maybe there is hope for fandom unification in the future! Haha. Scotty's summary was too good. Spock and Uhura were great, and I think "Buckle Up!" wraps the series up nicely.

I wholeheartedly approve of expanding the Guardian of Forever story. Please please please please do!
audi katia chapter 20 . 8/26/2009
Aw, thanks for the shoutout! I feel all warm and glowy now. :D

Movie Night: I love reading drabbles and fics about crew movie nights. Scotty's reaction was the best. And the oversimplification is amusing. Kirk's defensiveness is just great.

Orders: Yay! All dialogue! Spock is too funny in this. His last line is just priceless. I love that you ended it without Uhura's reaction to that. I can picture her just staring at him all sulky-like. lol You really captured Uhura's voice particularly well in this one.

Waiting on a Human: Oh my, this was so much like TOS!Spock, with all the little not-so-subtle insults (usually directed towards McCoy). It was great! I also think it's cute that he's waiting for her.

Gotta Go: Little Kirk is so much fun. And Winona is just so sweet in this one. I like that she seems like a mother in this one. A lot of fics describe her as a poor mother or a very absent one. So, this is refreshing to see her as a mature mom who is letting him grow up. And the ending line is just heartbreaking.

Buckle Up: What a brilliant ending piece. It just sums up so much of the movie and it really ends this much like the movie was ended. The particular piece of work was finished, but there is so much hope and experiences left for the crew. You can really see how Kirk is growing up from cadet to captain here. Brilliant.

This has been such an amazing drabble-set, I'm sad to see it end.
audi katia chapter 19 . 8/20/2009
Forever: CITY ON THE EDGE OF FOREVER! I LOVE YOU! I want to read the reboot version of this episode, exactly as you have started writing it. Anyway, this was the perfect first drabble for this AU/reboot version (however you want to describe it). And I love that Uhura was included. Honestly, that just makes so much sense to me in your new take on it.

Always: Hmm, I never thought about how the civil war would affect it. I mean, it's not farfetched, I just never realized how obvious it is. The first part of this is particularly well written, the description is the perfect amount of disgusted and horrified fascination.

Never: I'm loving this AU. I love how everything it tying together. I want to see this as a full out, chaptered fic. Please? *wibble eyes* Poor Uhura, but Kirk is right. It does need to happen for them to blend in.

Maybe: Their play-acting is excellent. And the whole "Chinaman" part just makes me want to laugh. I loved that part in the episode. But yes, this was a good one. The dialogue was excellent between Bones and Kirk.

Eternity: Oh, no. Spock. You write anguish so well. My heart is going out to poor, damaged Spock. The part where you described how they only needed to make it back to the tent... the shortness of the sentences, the deliberate description. It was desperate and fit so well. The "hallelujah" at the end was so fitting. It was a breath of relief. Wonderful work.
audi katia chapter 18 . 8/20/2009
Yay! Colors! You have made my inner artist very happy.

Red: Oh, you let the red shirt live! When I first read the prompt/the OC, I thought for sure you were going to kill him off. I was pleasantly surprised.

Brown: I think the best part of this is the ambiguity of the prompt. You probably meant for "brown" to mean the color of her skin, but I like to think that it works for the color of his eyes, too. The touching stories/drabbles are always so wonderful. There's such a tenderness involved and it's beautiful to read and imagine. Good job.

Black: A sad, frustrated Scotty. :( I want to cheer him up. I was not expecting this at all from the prompt. I love how you mentioned "black" so many times in so many different contexts. I thought that was really clever.

Yellow: Hmm, I assume this is yellow because Kirk's uniform is yellow. Do you have any other reasons for it? Yellow is usually associated with cowardice (there are happier associations, but this is not a cheerful drabble) so maybe that? Either way, I still smiled at "lovely." Oh, Bones. You are wonderful.

Blue: Not really sure why, but the last line of this is just so powerful. It's sharp, if that makes any sense. I think that with just a few words, you wrote this completely. Something about how this is set up has a beginning, middle, end, everything and feels complete and finished. I don't know if that explained it at all, but that's how I felt about it.
Psychodahlia chapter 19 . 8/19/2009
That was brilliant and you even referenced Robert E. Lee. Great job tying Forever and Eternity together, entering the AU and exiting it. Loved it. Love the historical setting, love the play acting, love Jim trying to remember the Civil War. I am a happy reader.
Tenebrielle chapter 19 . 8/19/2009
The City on the Edge of Forever is one of my absolute favorite Original Series episodes. I'm so happy to see the Guardian in a story! And a well-written story(s) at that.

I'm going to miss this series when it is finally completed; I can't believe it's almost finished.
Psychodahlia chapter 18 . 8/11/2009
Aw, I kinda want to know what Scotty's reply was.

Nice follow up on McCoy from the last chapter. First we see him depressed and addicted, now we see why he's addicted.

Hassanieh seems fairly interesting. You create very intriguing OCs. Will we be seeing any more of him?
Psychodahlia chapter 17 . 8/11/2009
Much to love about chapter 17. Much to love.

81. I don't know who is talking (Christine?) but I feel for them and it makes me hope Jim realizes how much he is loved (and needed).

82. Spock feels jealousy? Spock feels anything, and I'm amazed. What's great is that he doesn't even realize that he's feeling.

83. A learning experience. Even Jim Kirk can't always get what he wants. And that is hilarious.

84. Poor, poor McCoy.

85. Again, you show me Spock with feelings and again I can't help but squee. It's always fascinating to read about his illogical moments.
audi katia chapter 17 . 8/6/2009
Yearning: Chapel? I picture her. Although, honestly, I see Winona more. Even if this was meant to be romantic, I can see this being something his mom would say about him while he's up in space and away from her. "He is quiet when I need to talk." I love that line because it's so unexpected for him to be quiet. But it adds this sense of care. That he truly cares so much for the speaker, that he'll even go against his character to help her.

Jealousy: Spock? lol The adoptive nepotism. I really like that. I've actually thought about that myself. Not in the same way as Spock, obviously. But more in the sense that Pike gave him some extra advantages because Pike captain-worshipped George. I love how this is titled. lol He'd swear it's just illogical. lol

Posession: "...unstoppable force meets an immovable object..." Perfect. (Just so you know, I think you have a few typos in this.) I like how mentioned all the things that stopped him. Especially the last sentence. lol One of the most important things and it's written almost like a throwaway. lol I like it.

Addiction: I will save him from his addiction. At least, I would if I could. Poor Bones! Not many writers go so far as to call his drinking an "addiction." I like how you wrote that. All the drabbles in this (minus maybe the first one) seem to me a lot like the seven deadly sins. I don't know. It's very interesting.

Wanting: I adore this first line. Well, the whole first part in general. I think it's just wonderful. The whole set up for this one was just great. First time, second time, third time. It really has an excellent arc considering how short the drabble is. lol "Uhura was well proportioned." lol! I know that's the Vulcan equivalent to a compliment, but it's just so sweet and so funny. I would love to hear Spock say something like that about me. lol

As always, good work!
Tenebrielle chapter 17 . 8/5/2009
I really liked Jealousy and Possession. I think it would be impossible not to be jealous of a rule-breaking cadet who suddenly gets promoted to captain of Starfleet's new flagship. Even for a Vulcan. For Possession I liked the analogy of Kirk as an unstoppable force. He certainly thinks he is!

Addiction: I'm worried about Bones.

I do love this series; keep up the good work!
audi katia chapter 16 . 8/3/2009
Bend Over Backwards: Haha! It's so funny, in TOS, Bones is always trying to get Kirk to exercise/diet. But you never see him ever exercising or taking care of his body. He's either grumping, working, or drinking. I love his line about the purely advisory role. He's just lazy. lol

Axe to Grind: I'm so highly curious. What did he do? Did he look at another girl? Or worse, did he look at Kirk? lol I love how fierce she is here. And his infuriating calm is just too entertaining.

Rise and Shine: Waking up to Blaze of Glory? Yes. This is wonderful. lol I can imagine something like that happening in the next movie. I mean, they used Beastie Boys in the this one. lol Anyway, the first sentence of this one was great. Your word choice was excellent, it really shows the absolute reluctance to wanting to get out of bed. lol As someone who never wants to get out of bed, I understand that completely.

Tongue in Cheek: That's exactly what he would ask him. Exactly. I love how very little description you used for this. The mostly dialogue technigue is just perfect. I can picture everything wonderfully. I can practically hear Bones's voice drawl out that last sentence. Wonderful.

Without a Doubt: ...and then I was sad. This definitely more contemplative than the others, but I really enjoyed it. Probably for that reason. I like that it's Sulu that comforts her. For some reason, I think Sulu would be a very comforting person. Anyway, your philosophy for this was great. Just superb.
Psychodahlia chapter 16 . 8/1/2009
Sulu does not get enough love for such a great character. Will we see more of him?

I can see Dr. McCoy being unnerved by transporters. Especially if he heard about the beagle incident.

I lol'd at Spock. Spock is great for comedic relief.
Psychodahlia chapter 15 . 7/30/2009
Aw. No more Yeoman Fox? Bummer. But hot!Christine is always good. And yeah, those miniskirts were just sexual harassment lawsuit fodder.