Reviews for Less Than Zero: Dead Summer
Keymaster37 chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
This is great. But I feel like he wouldn't say "prostituting" or "heroin". He'd probably say "whoring yourself out" and "smack".
ThatShatClay chapter 6 . 12/1/2013
The narrative sounds right, eerily similar to Ellis' prose. The dialogue, however, was incongruent with Less Than Zero at times: too engaged and too on point. Anyway, appreciate this work. Check out thatshatclay on Twitter if you want to collaborate on more Less Than Zero FF.
Butane Koala Bear chapter 6 . 2/1/2011
I loved it!

You really capture Clay's distinct narrative voice, which is great as it's so complex; you don't know whether to slap him for being such an idiot or hug him because he obviously so depressed.

And you hit the nail on the head with the "lack of a story" making a story about how deadbeat and miserable his life is.

Blair was a cow. I hated her since the first page of LTZ. And I still hate her!

I'm still amazed that there isn't more LTZ Fan Fics, it's such an awesome book. Hopefully they'll be some more, you should do more, you have the knack for it definitely.

Overall, a very impressed reader :)

And Poor Julian :(
TenIsTHEDoctor chapter 6 . 4/17/2010
This was cool. :) I really love the book and I think you did a good job of semi-capturing the essence and writing style of it. I was getting real sad when I thought Julian was dead. He's prob one of my faves from the book even tho he's a drug-addicted alcoholic prostitute. But seriously, they ALL have that kinda sh*t going on. I lked the movie version as well even tho it was pretty much completely different. Anyway, I think I definitely went off the topic of your fic. Lol, sry. I just love talking about the book/movie and can't wait for the sequel. Again, great job!

xoxo Much Love, Brit.
Dan Sickles chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Great job - this author is so underrated!
Jubilee3 chapter 6 . 2/25/2010
Wow! I'm so glad I found this fic. You really got the style and flow of the Ellis books down. A great read, so thank you!
noxfiction chapter 6 . 10/4/2009
Nice work, your style is really remiscent to Bret Easton Ellis'.
nutellaqueen chapter 1 . 7/27/2009
Nice. Simple, but nice. I also like your style, its very similar. I wish there were more Less Than Zero fics here.
leobutler chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
great story glad that julian is alive in this part