Reviews for To Stop the Bleeding
nicknamedTweety chapter 74 . 4/25
So Jun wants to have Hao detained, hmm? :D I'd like to see that! Does she never make a background check on people? Tsk-tsk. I'm no longer surprised that she doesn't have...err... more responsibility in terms of managing the family business. I'd probably put Ren in charge, too. What is this, just judging the situation without getting any information first and then leaving to other people to get the job done. Regardless of the means, too, even though she was sooo disgusted with Nichrom for being so violent. She's just acting all rash and stupid, is all I'm saying.

It IS Nichrom's wolves! Ooooh, poor Anna! It confuses me a bit, too, because I thought Ren would like to prolong her suffering and just torture her for days. On his own. It's surprising that he'd leave it to the wolves, seeing how much he enjoys it, too... Urgh. Oh, well, he's a monster, a psychopath, a sadist, etc... I just thought he'd have some plan for Anna, in the sense that her getting tortured would serve some purpose beside hurting her. But maybe not. Hm...

Lyserg is on medication? And what does Silva mean with, oh, Ren's father payed for everything, all right, but he was just covering for a family member... What, was Ren trying to get Lyserg's parents murdered, so that he'd have Lyserg all to himself? But he was surprised by their dying? Did Nichrom have it done? Did Jun? Was it (gasp) their mother?!
It's a bit funny how it's all about the father being scary but the mother is never mentioned. Is she dead in this story or just too normal? :P
Not surprised at Magna's irritation, though, this is getting anoying. I know that Lyserg has been treated horribly, that he has been tortured, humiliated, abused in every possible way, but... I just wish he would make up his mind! Does he want to die, does he not, if so, why... It doesn't seem like he knows it himself.

And an odd question, unconnected to this chapter: I seem to remember that Hao never did like Tamao. How come? I mean, before she turned a psychopath, she was actually a pretty nice person, wasn't she? Everyone liked her.

I'm sorry I'm sory, I'm so sorry for not reviewing earlier! I did read it on time but things have been very busy and even a silly rambling review like this takes some time for me. I have certainly not forgotten this story or stopped enjoying it. I hope you update soon.
Cheliz chapter 74 . 1/16
This story is awesome! It is SO kick ass! I love how Ren is Katsu's father and Tamao and Nichrom. Your story is SO original andere briljant, it took my breath away
complicatedmind21 chapter 74 . 11/28/2014
That was scary, going to be eaten alive by a wolf... Ren really knows how to torture.

Lyserg should set his goals. He seemed really confuse. Now that he planned to face Ren I wonder what will be his next step.

Jun is still a denial queen.

I'm glad that you're back. It's really nice to read updates from your story. Hope your health is getting better.
a.paradigm chapter 74 . 11/26/2014
Such a brilliant story.
By far one of my favorites. You're a very talented writer. Keep it up.
Rumia35 chapter 74 . 11/26/2014
Shit shit shit! Is that Yoh in the room with Anna?! How are they going to get out? He might not kill but sure as hell will torture!

Lyserg is... ahhh! I honestly don't know what to say anymore!
SweetieLove chapter 73 . 8/6/2014
Well, I'll be damned.

Brace yourself for one long review.

Good points: precise grammar, all in proper context, pacing, flow, realistic universe, memorable original characters.

I have to say, I find your work /fascinating/... and downright /SCARY/. This is the first I've actually felt fear on finding out what's going to happen next and this is also the first time I actually trembled and sweated over a story. The psychological and suspenseful development you used was a unique take on these kinds of themes. Most writers would end it when the killer-slash-victim dies, but you add in (realistic) plot twists that always, ALWAYS turn the tables around.

I've noticed that your writing style is very graphic and relies heavily in emotional atmosphere. Heck, you could write just what the characters are saying and I could still clearly picture each scene in my mind without the need for descriptions. Speaking of descriptions, you got it spot on. They weren't flowery or overly vivid but it was used in a way that instead of distracting you away from the story, it enhances it instead.

(By now, I'm not even sure if I'm making sense with this review.)

Honestly, I have to agree with the previous reviewers. I love how you're slowly building up a beautiful friendship with Anna and Horo, the frustration from Ryu and Manta, the madness among Tamao, Hao and Ren, and the vulnerability from Lyserg and Yoh (although his case is already borderline stupidity). I even appreciate the fact that you didn't just toss in some believable OCs (I swear the closest person I can relate to in this mess is Nakashima), you also put in the side characters like Kanna, Jun and the Patch Priests.

I've understood that the moment I read Alternate Universe in this story, it's going to deviate away from the source material. I don't even know if you could still consider this Alternate Universe since the very thing that made Shaman King was the spirits (well, there's fighting but I don't know if that counts.) What I do find interesting about your case is that I still see the situations, conversations and relations happening in their world. I have mixed feelings about this case (which is good since your story gets to bring up various opinions). I actually stopped who's ending up with who and what's going to end what halfway through because it was getting too complex.

Nitpicks: You know, I won't be surprised anymore if the doctor they always call in for their surgeries is related to Faust and Eliza in someway; Jeanne reminds me of a certain BO operative; I wonder if you're going to include Chocolove (since he /was/ part of a gang in canon) and the Spirits in human form

PS. Not many people understand how mentally scarring it is to be raped and I'm glad that you're shedding some light onto the victim's perspective (Pirika vs. Anna confrontation). Coming from a person who knows so many victims of it, I really appreciate that scene. I really do.
Allie Mcclure chapter 73 . 7/16/2014
I have to say, English isn't even my first language, but I've read the whole story and each chapter has been worth it. Congratulations, your fanfic is mind blowing. Please update as soon as you can! Saludos desde Chile :)
nicknamedTweety chapter 73 . 5/27/2014
Yay! An update!
Lyserg is a complete mystery at this point. He intervened when Ren went after Tamao, but doesn't want to help when he knows that Yoh's definitely in danger? He isn't a victim, so he wanted to be raped with a baseball bat? He seems so defensive in this conversation, but why didn't that instinct for self-preservation occur, oh, I don't know, one of the million times he was being tortured? It can't be because of Nichrom, because Lyserg said he isn't afraid of him, so... He's afraid of Jeanne? Eh? He's just... Eh?
Your Jeanne is a lot more interesting (if a little creepy) but seriously, no wonder Ren got a restriction order. I mean, Hao, whose hobby is blowing up Ren's property, has no idea where they might have taken Yoh, but Jeanne can narrow it down to eight places ( and just what are they going to do, blow them all up? Messy and inefficient.).
As for Ren... he got beat up by Nichrom too? He was beaten up by Hao, by Nichrom, by his father ( I guess)... Honestly, he seems so weak! Pathetic.
So glad to see that Tamao is getting what she deserves. To be honest, at the end of the chapter I almost felt sorry for Nichrom, he must feel so betrayed... And she said she was with him!
But yeah, he was disappointed that Kanna's kid wasn't injured, so I still hate him. I do like Imaginary Anna, though. She seems less like hallucination and more like Tamao's inner voice of reason here.
I hope Anna and Horo are alright. But they probably aren't.
Thanks for updating!
Rumia chapter 73 . 5/23/2014
I'm so surprised you updated! Does that mesn you're getting better? I hope so cause your stories are amazing!

I literally ended this story by saying "oh shit!" I can't believe that he's actually gonna kill her (well torture first) because she knows Lyserg? That means something bad seriously happened between Lyserg and Nichrom but what?!

So Ren is scared of Nichrom cause he beat him almost to death, but Nichrom doesn't remember it? Lyserg seems to be playing the victim but apparently Ren doesn't do anything to him that he doesn't want. However, Nichrom cleatly hates Lyserg but we don't know why? I wonder what Lyserg done to be hated so much. Is it cause Ren gives special treatment to Lyserg and Nichrom hates that?
complicatedmind21 chapter 73 . 5/19/2014
My eyes widened when I saw the new chapter and my mind screamed OMG OMG OMG.. haha. Its been really a long time and glad to see that you updated. :)

Secrets were being untold and each chapter it was like a detective had been discovered something. Geez it was really intense..

And OMG for Tamao...
Guest chapter 12 . 5/15/2014
"Stop, Tamao," Horo pleaded. "Let it go."

I think elsa and horo are related
SilverThornz chapter 72 . 4/12/2014
I'm thinking this creepavoid is Ren, but who else could it be? I'm excited for the next chapter but scared for Anna!
Great chapter! Until next time...
Timothy chapter 72 . 4/7/2014
this is the scariest, most awesome story I've ever read! you're an amazing writer! Please don't end this now!
chashkieh chapter 72 . 2/4/2014
Oh no, Anna, not again! :( Ren really hated her that much :
Guest chapter 72 . 1/28/2014
No, No No! No more chapters? it was just getting good! God! Well, this piece is coming together nicely! i never expected such a turn of events. i love Jeanne she's such a nut, but i like all the nuts in this story, they make it interesting!
Keep up the good work!