Reviews for Dissipation
jialgri chapter 1 . 5/5/2010
It's a very nice story, very true and gentle. Thanks so much for it! The mouse-style is perfect. I've never thought that the scene at Rat Trap was such a painful experience for Dawson... poor fellow. And Basil is really a great specialist in psycology)
KCS chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
*long squee* Ok, that was made of adorable.

*tries to pull self into coherency*

This was awesome! I'm so glad you drew my attention to it! Truly good GMD fics are few and far between, and so this brilliance stands out even brighter for it. I've always wanted to see someone tackle this issue, actually, and you exceeded any expectations I would have had for it. They were in-character, logical, and very, very cute as well. And you even got every little mouse-detail correct, too - felt like I was reading one of Eve Titus's books all over again.

Wonderful stuff! I hope you do another fic soon with them, and you may just have inspired me to try one myself. I've been wanting to forever but haven't gotten up the nerve yet. Thank you!
Brinatello chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
Wow. That was excellent. You told this story beautifully in Basil's POV. Two mice discussing a problem that one is battling with and has yet to conquer its demons. Basil spoke with such eloquence; it reminded me very much of his movie counterpart as well as the British language of the 19th century. I honestly held a deep sympathy for Dawson in the Rat Trap scene. In fact, I really didn't care for that scene at all. It was an embarrassment to watch him fall prey to the drug and dance like a fool on stage. Basil is a really good friend to sit and talk him through it, to listen carefully on the painful memory the poor doctor has not been able to accept so easily. I like the ending too, that even the most brilliant of mice are not perfect, and the great detective himself does not mind sharing an embarrassing tale to make Dawson feel a little better. If you got another one in the works involving Basil's story, I'd love to read it. :)