Reviews for Deadly Was the Wrath of the Hands That Held Them
Thunder Stag chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
Muy bien.
acacia59601 chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Really good little story! I really liked it!

PS. I meant Ruby not Rose in my other review! I caught the mistake just as I hit submit!
OceanFire9 chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
I LOOOVE stories that play with canon! And this was written so well! I'd like to offer useful criticism, but I have none, this was just great! This one's going in the favorites... and staying there no matter what happens in the movies, heheh.
Anne Gable chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
I love it! Thank you so much for sharing! I've always imagined Legolas being at the Battle of Five Armies, and this story not only gave me details on that assumption and brilliantly wove in lines from The Hobbit, but was also beautifully written. The way you captured Legolas' feelings was wonderful. It was very realistic and believable, and also gave a very interesting glimpse into how much he matured from this point to LotR. Thank you again.

Anne
Parma Quentar Pheriannath chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
This is a very nice piece; but I think you should have let Thranduil talk himself out of this without the second coat of armor
Vanwa Lullaby chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
yes, legolas tells us al things. ;)

lol

great job though!

i always wondered where the hell legolas was...
Xion is my fate 'Laura Heart chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
Wow. That was... Wow. I'm glad someone decided to write Legolas's story in the Hobbit. Thank you!
Emily chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
Poor Legolas. He must have been decently young. Well, not too young, if he was at the Battle of the Five Armies, but young enough to think that his father thought he was a coward. The time gap between The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings wasn't all that big- maybe the equivalent of growing from teenhood to adulthood for an elf? : / I'm confused.

But that's ok; great story!
eiluj chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
Their scent, like fire and deep stone, offended his sense of smell - Very nice!
ThomasMoore chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
great job! your ending is how i end most of my chapters to my stories.
Jimmy Candlestick chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
i liked this one.
Aearwen22 chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
Oh! I like this one!
AiedailWing chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
originally reviewed on 2009-05-02

Some points were blurry in the story, but most of them were explained in the end. I forget, though, what I still do not understand from it. :-[ The story was longer and fuller of information and events.

Legolas' friend seemed to summarise the book instead of the events taking place before his eyes... Perhaps you should put one or two adjectives or any other means of explanation... *shrug* But other parts of the story was quite enjoyable. The story flowed seamlessly from one event to the other, and the separators did not distract me as they are wont to do in other stories.

How could Thranduil's armour be in the Lonely Mountains? Why had he commissioned an armour made for Legolas? Is that why his armour was there - as an example to be imitated by the Dwarves? But why had he commissioned the new armour in the first place? Mithril is one of the best metal in Arda, so it has little to no chance of breaking or the like.

How many brothers did Legolas have? Why did they not join him in the battle actively? Why did Thranduil permit him, anyway? I also wonder why he had placed his bedroll far from the King's tent... *snicker* He struck me as quite a rebellious child then.

Hmm. Many questions... :-\

9/10
vectis chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
originally reviewed on 2008-06-03

Love the way you write the interaction between father and son - very moving.
Mal chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
originally reviewed on 2008-06-02

NiRi, it's been quite a while since I've sat down with a fic (for family reasons, not lack of interest), and I very much enjoyed seeing this part of The Hobbit through young Legolas' eyes. Good father-son moments, too :-) Thanks!

Hugs,