Reviews for Death's Dominion
Arei-The Peridot Dragon chapter 34 . 7/24
absolute amazing story. Loved it to bits. Heading over to petulant poetess now to read the sequel!
BlueWater5 chapter 34 . 3/11/2014
Great story! I enjoyed the intricate plotting. I liked how the Slytherins were an integral part of victory - I thought JK Rowling made a major mistake when she shoved them all out. Well written. I'm looking forward to reading more of your works.
Crow's Talon chapter 34 . 12/26/2010
I am fairly new to the HP fandom, but this is without a doubt one of the best stories I have ever read on this site. The characterizations are spot-on, some in ways I actually preferred to their canon counterparts (Fletcher and Zabini in particular, and how you plausibly introduced good Slytherins). Your fan-made spells were plausible and imaginative, and the use of detail was simply fantastic, keeping enough details from DH to present this as a plausible alternative. Your style is very distinctive and well-written, and the suspense was simply incredible!

Once again, I will be very interested in reading any of your future stories, as I have also read "Enter, Peacetime" and enjoyed that work as well. Thank you very much for posting such a wonderful story.

JMackenzie chapter 34 . 11/28/2010
This was a wonderful and extremely well written story. I liked the mystery and intrigue, and the development of Snape's character. thank you for sharing this story!
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 4/24/2010
Poor Snape-he's been dumped and replaced by another, and deep inside he knows it. Minerva's words were kind, but as far as he can see, don't change his future one iota. He's not seeing the Blatant Hints about Hermione Granger; she is still a student to him, not a someone to be interested in.

At least some of the Order members are kind to him, which is certainly an improvement over what I saw in canon.

But as far as he's concerned, the situation has not changed at all. And he is right-Crouch is the Deputy of the school, not him, despite the title.

Who is head of Gryffindor, anyway, now that Minerva isn't? Is that Remus?
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 4/23/2010
Ah, the plot thickens! I am amazed that Crouch treats the Slyherins fairly; didn't he get the memo? Especially with his family history.

Very good chapter indeed.
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 4/23/2010
Yes, things have to be pretty bad before Minerva worries about Harry, but they have. (although in 6th year, she seemed pretty upset when he demanded to let off detention for nearly killing Draco, she didn't seem to act on it).

And of course Narcissa and Draco are rescued. They are in canon, too. It's only Snape that has to face what happens in their stead. What a nice deal for them.

One has to wonder about the new DADA professor; is he another minion of Voldemort? One loses track, after all.
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 4/23/2010
This makes so much more sense than the whole duplicate Harry's and the Broom Chase From Heck. Of course, there's a lot smaller body count and it actually makes sense, too.

Very good chapter.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 4/23/2010
Snape is only doing what Dumbledore wants of him; so of course Minerva has to hate him for it, because otherwise she would have to be upset with Albus, and as we know, nothing that Dumbledore ever does is wrong; so it has to be Snape's fault, right? Albus is deliberately shortening his lifespan to force Snape into this position, knowing full well it will mean Snape's death at the hands of those he's trying to save.

Nice guy, that Dumbledore.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 4/23/2010
"Only two of us left, Sev," Lupin had said in a drunken state the week before;

-It's just as well that Severus doesn't understand the wolf's true meaning; they are the only two left of the Marauders (counting Snape, their victim, as one of them). After all, the Marauders might have quarrelled even more without their hatred and torment of Snivellus to bind them. Of course Remus pines for those days.

And Snape is in an impossible position anyway; he's suffering badly from PTSD, and is going to end up dying for people who despise him anyway. What therapy is there for that?

Good chapter.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
Excellent beginning. But of course, Lily found it much easier to forgive "don't make me hex you, Evans!" from James the Glorious than one name spoken by someone who'd nearly died choking on a Scourgify, while his 'friend' stood by and bantered with his attacker.

But then, Gryffindors are always right, don't you know?

Here's hoping Minerva does not give into the temptation to hate Snape just because he survived, and is an easy target. Harry already has-because he exists.
Dejsha chapter 6 . 12/29/2009
I like how Severus is willing to help the four friends; especially Hermione. You wouldn't really think Snape would help Harry:) I love this story very much.
Dejsha chapter 5 . 12/24/2009
A great chapter;)
Dejsha chapter 4 . 12/24/2009
I do have a question, I know the amazing story is not DH-compliant, but didn't Albus say in HBP that this was the last time that Harry would have to remain at the Dursley's? Great and interesting chapter!
Dejsha chapter 3 . 12/24/2009
Wow, I can understand that Minerva would feel hurt. A great and sad chapter.