Reviews for Death's Dominion
Hogwarts Duo chapter 23 . 6/30/2009
Yet another phenomenol chapter, rich with details and emotions. I'm happy to see an update.

I feel so sorry for Snape at times. He really does have a lot on his shoulders and he's getting slammed from all sides. It can't be easy to keep his sanity and I'm glad Robbie gave him the Draught of Peace. Clever thinking on his part to give Snape something to calm his hysterics. I did have a bit of a deja vu moment, though, when Snape turned all warm and fuzzy towards Minerva. It was almost like the Draught resurrected some of the feelings and emotions he showed to her when he was affected by the Adfectus Curse. Too funny. Wonder what Albus would think of that? tee hee.

I also see Severus in a different light now that he's trying to make amends for some of his past deeds. He took a lot of care and concern with Kreacher and then helping Neville and giving him some advice. The bit with Zabini was very insightful too.

The ending of this chapter was incredibly sad. I'm sorry Snape shut himself off from Minerva, even though she would find out what happened anyway. What a horrible burden to bear alone but at least he was able to share it by using the Pensieve.

I'm really loving the way you've constructed this story and I'm very much eagerly anticipating the next update!
Elsa chapter 23 . 6/27/2009
Yay for Blaise and decent Slytherins (like Snape, xD) who realize what a world under Voldemort would mean.

Yay for the whole thing with Kreacher turning out as well as can be expected.

Aww, poor Snape, all the stress is really getting to him, as shown by that whole hysteric episode before Robbie gives him the Draught of Peace. His behavior while under the influence of the potion was also quite funny. What with the “Wish I could really give him the poison. If he’s human enough to be poisoned. He’s one ugly son of a Crup. Revolting. D’you know that Bella worships the ground he walks on? She always has. He used to be handsome. Now he’s repulsive. " Coments and the rest after that, xD. And the "secret hidey place" was soo funny, it made me lol.

Aw for his happy memory to cast the Patronus! :) And also for Snape giving Neville some advice, although very bluntly and still Snapelike.

Yay for Harry's admission and the scene between Harry and Snape, this is one thing I really like about this story, Harry never like totally hates and distrusts Snape, but he starts to trust him.

I wonder what Hermoine realized? Probably that it was Moody who cast the spell, and speaking of Moody, "that was an error" ? What kind of apology is that.

As for the ending, aw more guilt for Severus. T.T

Wow, lots that happened/can be commented on in this chapter, can't wait for the next one!

Elsa chapter 22 . 6/26/2009
Wow, a very eventful chapter! What with the incident at Hogwarts, and all the demands of Voldemort and stuff.

Yay for Gareth setting Snape straight after his whole thing with Gertrude's tea. I think Garteh's honesty is a very good thing at the moment, and I'm glad he is attempting to start over with Snape.

Aww, Snape is still convinced that he's going to die, but at least

"Somehow, good would come from all this evil and the Dark Lord would be defeated, Severus told himself. He had to believe that . . . He was having his triumph even now. Every time he returned from the Dark Lord and the Dark Lord still believed him a loyal little Death Eater . . .He was the greatest Slytherin of any Slytherin since Salazar himself. Maybe even greater than he."

Is one positive thought he's had, xD.

Can't wait to see what will happen with the whole Blaise incident, as well as what will happen with Kreacher and what not.

Hogwarts Duo chapter 22 . 6/23/2009
I am so happy I checked my email before leaving work. I can't begin to tell you how happy I am to see a new chapter and a long one too. Swet!

Talk about being in the proverbial hot seat. Seems like Snape is doomed every way he goes but with Robbie and Minerva, even Gareth, helping, I'm sure things won't be as bad as they could be for him.

It's a good thing Robbie is so good at brewing potions and he knows his way around some of the older tomes. That little potion will come in quite handy when the attack on Azkaban goes down.

I love how you brought in the Thousand Years Wards from Holiday with the Headmaster into this story. The way you blend your RaM universe into other stories is brilliant and makes for a rich and enjoyable read.

Thanks and I can't wait for the next update!

Cheers,

GLM
fanofMMADfan chapter 21 . 6/22/2009
Please don't stop posting! I have just read the whole stopry over the last few days and it is fantastic - can't wait for the next updates.
Hogwarts Duo chapter 21 . 6/21/2009
I feel so sorry for Albus and Minerva. It can't be easy for either of them to see Albus in this condition. It's so sad to think of our carefree Albus being bedridden and having such a tough time of it.

The gifts Albus gave each Head of House were well chosen and perfect for the recipients. I was moved to tears when Minerva opened hers to find the Mother Dragon pendant. He couldn't have chosen a more perfect gift.

His time is growing so short and my heart just breaks for Minerva already, sniff sniff.
Hogwarts Duo chapter 20 . 6/21/2009
The scene with Minerva and Gareth is fantastic. I can see her giving him a mini-lecture and having him meet her argument for argument but in a non-confrontational way. That was superb!

Hermione's visit was fun too. I could see a bit of jealous Snape appearing. It's nice to see him slowly developing more of an affection for her than he'd like at the moment but not able to refuse her visits and such. I do believe he's learning how to relax a bit. tee hee

Gareth is absolutely his father's son! When he was helping Snape in the shower, I was laughing hysterically. It was like Malcolm being a bit flirtatious with Quin in Resolving a Misunderstanding. Snape's reactions to that were absolutely priceless and spot on.

Loved the chapter and THANKS for the update!
LinZE chapter 21 . 6/21/2009
Phenomenal.

I only found your story a couple of days ago but it is genuinely one of the best things I've read in a long time.

I am not a huge fan of SS/HG but I do appreciate their growing friendship given everything that's going on. What I really love though is your portrayal of Minerva and the situation you have created around her.

Or around Albus rather...

Whatever the case I am really enjoying this and can't wait to see where it goes in the future.

Thanks so much for sharing!

xLx
Elsa chapter 21 . 6/21/2009
“What you said, Albus . . . I would say the same to you. You know that, don’t you?”

Aw, I love that whole scene between Albus and Severus, it's nice to see him show some emotion, and admit that he does love Albus, although he did not state it directly.

Giving the gifts seems like just the kind of thing Albus might do, and the idea of the Singing Stones is very intriguing. I also liked that you included things from RAM, like Johannes and Mother Dragon.

"He returned to Gryffindor Tower, subdued and thoughtful, and wondering whether the curse on the Headmaster’s hand was the cause of his declining health, and if so, whether Snape had deliberately botched whatever assistance he had provided Dumbledore. "

This line is also very in character for Harry and I like the inclusion of the interaction between Harry and Dumbledore.

And Yay for Minerva! She's showing a lot of strength, and is holding up pretty well. Love the interaction between her and Albus as well.

Can't wait for the next chapter!

familyguyfreak chapter 20 . 6/18/2009
I like this a lot! Please keep up the good work!

fgf
Elsa chapter 20 . 6/18/2009
I'm definitely reading and enjoying it! Especially as finals are this week and next week, new updates give me an excuse to procrastinate! xD.

As for this chapter, I like Gareth better now, and understand him much better too! This chapter gives a lot to think about, with all the discussions of redemption and what not, which I really like. For example, the paragraph on forgiveness that Gareth states, its meaningful and well written. I really love the interaction between Hermoine and Snape, it's definitely reminiscent of Albus and Minerva when Minerva was a student, with Hermoine trying to help Snape.

Can't wait for the next chapter! (Which I hope you'll continue posting)
Hogwarts Duo chapter 19 . 6/18/2009
I felt so sorry for Minerva in this chapter. She seemed to have a lot of ups and downs, starting wtih her failure with the cat. I'm sure that was a rough one to bear but with Albus, she went back to try again another day.

Snape's conversation with Minerva and then Albus was certainly strained. He feels bad about what's happening and it's clear that he's trying to make amends or at least make things easier for Albus and Minerva. But I'm happier that Robert, Gareth, Melina, and Murdoch are around to offer their help and support to both of them.

That was certainly a rough Valentine's Day for Minerva and Albus. I had hoped that they would be able to spend a nice quiet evening together, curled up on a sofa or in bed just enjoying being together, especially knowing how sick Albus is and what lies ahead.

Albus really went downhill fast. Five weeks isn't long at all...sniff sniff.

Thanks for the update!
Elsa chapter 19 . 6/15/2009
Very interesting chapter! I love getting more insight into the events surrounding and leading up to Albus' death, although it always leaves me wanting more, xD. I have to say, if I haven't already said this before, I really love the depth of the plot and the detail and the thought that you put into the stories. They make the story really easy to read again, as I often miss stuff when I read the first time. "He had thought that he would die and Albus would live. He would finally be free." That line is so sad and depressing, well, Snape's life is gradually getting better, he has a friend in Hermoine, and has come to trust Robert. And it will hopefully, in the end, be a lot better. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Hogwarts Duo chapter 18 . 6/9/2009
GO MINERVA! If Alastor doesn't feel properly admonished for his actions now, he has no heart at all. I think Minerva chose the snippets wisely and it served as a wake up call, not only for Alastor but for Severus as well. Maybe next time the brute will think twice before putting the "spy" in mortal peril again.

The more I see interactions between Robbie and Minerva, the more I adore the two of them together. It's so clear that Robbie loves Minerva very much and I'm sure she loves him too. Their cuddle on the couch was very tender and on the verge of becoming very... warm, shall we say? haha. I feel bad that they won't get to enjoy the Tower rooms because of Alastor's stupidity!

The interactions between Hermione and Snape are just too cute for words. It's easy to see how they might develop more of a relationship after she finishes school and the war is over, providing they both live. I'm glad he agreed to see her even though he wasn't all that keen on the idea to begin with.

And Gareth! A delicous man in a kilt! What more could a girl ask for? Tee hee. I'm sure the overall effect was lost on Snape but it was hilarious to see them together, especially with Gareth putting the salve on his back and giving him the massage. I bet that was awkward at first. haha.
Hogwarts Duo chapter 17 . 6/9/2009
WHAT THE FRUIT WAS ALASTOR THINKING? It's one thing to dislike Snape for his past choices but to do intentional harm when he's fully aware that he's working for the Order as well. That's just wrong and I can't wait until Minerva gives him a piece of her mind.

It was very touching to see Robbie taking care of Albus and how Snape responded. Of course, under normal circumstances, I'm sure things would have been slightly different for Severus. Still, the image of Robbie and Snape both lightly snoring after he'd been reading Rob Roy was touching.
123 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »