Reviews for Death's Dominion
Elsa chapter 17 . 6/1/2009
Very interesting chapter! I'm glad to see that Snape is beggining to accept/like Robert more. I never thought that Moody would do something like that, I can't wait to find out the whole story.
Hogwarts Duo chapter 16 . 5/31/2009
This is such a wonderful chapter. It's very nice to see the dynamics between Severus and Hermione slowly shifting into something other than Professor and student. I don't think it's romantic... yet. haha.

When he brought her a sandwich, juice, and then regretted that he didn't bring her a headache potion, I thought I'd melt. That sounds like something Albus would have done for Minerva when she was his student and we all know how well that relationship developed.

And Snape is jealous that Hermione spent some time alone with Robert discussing various topics. Nice touch there. Robert does have a very nice and amicable personality, given the animoisty he's had to endure from Snape and most likely others.
Hogwarts Duo chapter 15 . 5/31/2009
I have to say that Snape handled himself rather well considering he saw Robbie at the top of the stairs and then to hear that Minerva was readying for bed. I half expected him to grow snarky but was pleasantly surprised he handled himself well.

That's fabulous news about Quin. I really hope that Melina is able to find a cure or if not a cure then at least alleviate his suffering as much as she can. I think it will also help Snape feel like he's making amends for some of the wrongs he's done in life.

The beddy bye fluffy bit with Robbie and Minerva was so sweet. I especially love how he holds her in his arms and tries to reassure her at every turn while giving her the freedom to do what she must as Headmistress.

Snape and Hermione are certainly growing closer. That's a fun part of the story to watch develop. I have to agree with Snape here about Harry. He's always been prone to running off and doing foolish things without thinking of the consequences or how his actions will impact others. No, Snape is right...the less Harry knows how the better off he is.
Hogwarts Duo chapter 14 . 5/31/2009
This was a phenomenol chapter. I was really drawn in by Gareth and I can completely understand his anger towards Snape and his instant rage. It was spellbinding to sit back and watch as he got the best of Snape and was able to get rid of his anger, to some degree, only to be interrupted by Robbie.

I would love to have been a fly on the wall when Robbie and/or Minerva had a little chat with Gareth. I found it incredibly moving that Gareth even went to Snape's rooms to tell him he'd have his back if push came to shove and then to go into great detail about how he once hated his Uncle Albus. I'm sure that broke both Albus and Minerva's hearts at the time. I'm just glad he was able to get over his anger and repair those bridges.

It was also interesting to see Hermione's reacctions to what she'd overheard and then to offer a bit of comfort to Snape, in her own way.
Hogwarts Duo chapter 13 . 5/31/2009
This was such a very moving chapter and it really had me empathizing with both main characters.

I am very much intrigued by Minerva's plans for Albus and even more so after meeting with so many different people with various talents. She's obviously orchestrating something intense and I wish she could make Albus put a little more faith in her plans, despite being kept in the dark. I think it was very clear that she's feeling a bit hurt by his lack of cooperation, especially when she presented him with the poem he'd written for her decades ago. That was so sad.

Albus, on the other hand, has such a logical mind that I'm sure he feels he's exhausted all avenues. I find myself getting a bit frustrated with him for not "humoring Minerva" more. If he'd consented to the medical tests from Melina, he oculd have spared them both an argument and it woudl have moved him closer to finding out what Minerva's got up her sleeves. I know he's trying to spare them both as much pain as possible but at times it feels as if he's making things harder for Minerva.

Albus singing Agnus Dei from Barber's Adagio would have been utterly amazing, beautiful and incredibly moving to say the least. It's such an amazing piece of music and it truly touches the soul. No wonder it had Minerva in tears.

Melina is awesome. I'm anxiously awaiting the results of the spell she cast as well as the fallout when Albus realizes what's been done. WOO HOO! Silly wizard should have known Minerva gave in too easily before he went for his walk. tee hee.

CFP...haha

Your GLM
Elsa chapter 15 . 5/31/2009
I've read all the stories you've posted on , and I've got to say that I've liked every one. You're stories are always so complex and interesting! Can't wait to see what happens next, and Yay! There is hope for Quin!
Hogwarts Duo chapter 12 . 5/28/2009
This was such an emotional and powerful chapter. My heart truly breaks for Minerva and what she must be going through upon learning the truth, first from Severus and then the entire truth from Albus.

I can't even begin to imagine how Minerva must have felt when she learned what was happening and why, though I know Albus must be hurting as well. Having limited options, as he sees it, I'm sure he chose what he thought was the best option but it's certainly a tough one.

I am glad that Albus and Minerva were able to clear the air a little and that he told her of the prophecy. I'm a bit worried that she seems to have made a decision and announced that the prophecy would be fulfulled. That's certainly eyebrow raising!

Thanks for the quick update!

the GLM
Hogwarts Duo chapter 11 . 5/28/2009
Watching Albus and Minerva in these final days and moments was especially difficult but completely believable. The emotions that must have been felt, not only in his bedroom, but in the waiting room as well, were powerful and moved me beyond words.

Minerva is such a strong woman to be able to push aside her grief for a period of time in order to deal with Draco and to show him something that would otherwise would have been hidden and even a new way of living. I'm glad he's taking Minerva's offer and with luck, it will go off as planned for them.

Loved the timeline at the end of the post. I loved reading Resolving a Misunderstanding and still enjoy going back and reading over some of the chapters again and again. The timeline really helps put everything into perspective! Wish JKR had been this detailed when she was writing her stuff. lol
Hogwarts Duo chapter 10 . 5/26/2009
I was surprised that Robbie mentioned the Adfectus spell and how the memories might be used to dupe the Dark Lord. I'm sure Snape was even more surprised to learn that Robbie knew about those events, though I'm sure he (Robbie) knows even more than he's letting on at this point in the story. However, I'm sure Robbie will get more than an earful when Minerva rejoins him, especially after looking at him "sharply." OOPS!

The part about Quin's ultimate fate was just horrific. It's a pity that he had to suffer so much and what a waste for the wizarding world to lose such a talented wizard. It truly is a pity that Gertie and Quin couldn't meet in some secluded location, even if for a little while to offer and receive comfort from one another.

The last part of the chapter was so sad and yet Minerva is so filled with hope and love. She's an amazing witch and for her to have loved Albus so much more than anyone else...that must have shattered her heart. No wonder she choses to keep her memories and thoughts of Albus and his life to herself. I can't blame her one bit!
Hogwarts Duo chapter 9 . 5/26/2009
The interactions between Snape and Hermione are very believable and intense in places. It's fun to sit back and watch as they carry on civil conversations with each other and to watch as they slowly begin to open up more and more. As I've said before, you're laying the foundations for a future SSHG relationship and one that could be plausible and realistic. That's what I love about your stories.

I'm glad Hermione and Snape are working together on this, in a way, and that they're able to share information. I'm sure that will be most benefitial in the days ahead while Harry and Company run all over the world (or at least try to) trying to find the Deathly Hallows. Hopefully, Hermione can talk some sense into him and get him back on his true path.
Hogwarts Duo chapter 8 . 5/26/2009
Snape sure has been bitten by the green-eyed monster of jealousy. It practically oozes out of his mouth when he's talking to Minerva about her sudden relationship with Robbie. It's like he can't think beyond his own feelings for Minerva to see what might be best for her, and in this case it happens to be Robbie. I can't believe he actually insinuated that Robert might have been less careful in his brewing potions for Albus. That really was low and I'm glad Minerva called him on it.

To think that Minerva would be so weak as to be manipulated into a relationship is just completely absurd. She once told Albus that (and I'm paraphrasing here since I can't remember exactly where it was in RaM) that she wouldn't and couldn't be forced into doing things she didn't want to do and that she wouldn't tolerate his touch out of pity or some sort of obligation. I highly doubt that the same Minerva would allow Robbie to touch her if it truly wasn't what she wanted on some level.

In the interaction with Robbie and Snape, I can see some similarities between Albus and Robbie. Maybe that's one reason Snape dislikes him so much. He seems really slow to anger, which is good in this case, and he lets Snape's warning wash over him without taking the bait. That's good.
Hogwarts Duo chapter 7 . 5/26/2009
The bits with Severus and Hermione were interesting on a lot of levels. Their interactions seem less acidic, at least from Snape's past experiences with Hermione, and she seems more willing to open up to him and give him a chance.

I feel so sorry for Minerva in this story but even more so in this chapter. She seems so worn down, tired, grief-stricken and yet she's trying to hold it all together for the school, the Order, and even herself. Her tears after they made love really broke my heart, as well as her calling out Albus' name as she climaxed, though I have to say that Robbie was most understanding in the matter.

Poor Snape...he just can't catch a break. First he sees Albus and Minerva making love in AAoL and now he's forced to watch Minerva and Robbie in the Library (almost sounds like a murder scene from the game of Clue...but I digress ). It's like Snape is seeing Robbie through the eyes of jealousy. I think he's been bitten by the green-eyed monster of jealousy since Minerva turned to Robbie for comfort instead of Snape. He even thinks to himself that she'd not accept that sort of comfort from him and only tolerated his touch because of the curse. Snape's not the best judge of chuman motivations in the most ordinary of circumstances, so I'm going on the assumption that his jealousy is clouding everything that he sees in regards to Minerva.

And speaking of jealousy and its source...I think Robbie is a major part of Snape's problem (well not really a problem but you know what I mean). Robbie is taking excellent care of Minerva, as far as we can call. He's always beside her to be supportive (Snape even calls him her "Shadow"), makes her tea (meaning he makes sure she's eating and drinking when she might otherwise neglect the more basic needs), and offering comfort (on many levels, not just the sex). He was so tender with her in the Library, wiping away her tears, being comforting when she's just cried out Albus' name, and then promising to come to her and staying with her. It's good that he's around, I think, if for no other reason than to keep Minerva on an even keel and giving her an outlet for her emotions.
Hogwarts Duo chapter 6 . 5/26/2009
Albus is always amazing in the little details and the grand scheme of things. In your Albus, I see the intricacies of his plans and the rationale behind them. They may be far fetched at times but I'm sure he's thought of all the possible outcomes and is trying, even now in his last days, to orchestrate the favorable outcomes.

Woo hoo for Robbie, too! I'm glad he finally told Snape about his mother and step-father, as well as their fates.
dmf1984 chapter 5 . 5/14/2009
You already know how much I love Robbie, he has got that certain... something special about him. ;-)

No questions or comments, just a "yay" moment!

CFP,

Di
Hogwarts Duo chapter 4 . 5/14/2009
The more I read of Robbie, the more I like him. He's got a certain something that makes me want to like him! But Vernon Dursley ... the man breaths and that irritates me. haha.

Thanks for taking the time to get this story ready for posting on this site. I know you've put in a TON of work to get it just so and keeping it within the age appropriate guidelines. YOU ROCK!
123 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 Next »