Reviews for Intrigue
whatdotheydream chapter 4 . 11/3/2013
I hope you continue this someday,it was very interesting to read,and I certainly liked the idea.
GalanthaDreams chapter 4 . 11/23/2011
I'm intrigued. It's a new sort of setting for this fandom but I like it, it feels very Austen-esque. Also, that chapter with Aerith and Cloud was terribly sweet-fell in love with the two just a bit all over again.
always-kh chapter 4 . 8/17/2010
i've gotta admit i like this fic and the way you write yuffie in this setting is entertaining.
AnonymousNavi chapter 4 . 8/11/2010
I HAVE read this chapter! I can't believe I totally forgot to review it. Shame on me.

I AM a Clerith my beloved author and I'M SO GLAD YOU ARE TOO!

I love the relationship you've built between Yuffie and Vincent, platonic or not. Their interactment is just so enjoyable to read at both its hilarious and serious moments.

I look forward to future updates. I have to tell you, this is one of my favorite fanfictions I've ever read.
AnonymousNavi chapter 3 . 7/3/2010
Cloud's enterance makes me excited. I'm very pleased with how you brought him in. His sweet awkwardness is so adorable.

I'm beginning to fall deeply in love with this fanfiction. Ever chapter entices me to read more and more, even though it's 3:20 in the morning. XD
AnonymousNavi chapter 2 . 7/3/2010
Oh no... I can just smell the up-coming tension between Aerith and Tifa. BUT THEY LOVE EACH OTHER SO MUCH, WHY MUST IT BE SO?

Magical red cape, lol.
AnonymousNavi chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
Oh my gosh, I love this story... It's so... different. Kisaragi Locksborough made me laugh. Creative. XD

"And then I vomited in his bushes, but he didn't really seem to mind."

LOL. Oh man, that made me crack up.
ElvishKiwis Venerated Ancestor chapter 4 . 6/30/2010
This is my second review of your last chapter. I left the computer to clean up food off Moana and came back to find the internet cable had dropped out and in trying to get back on line I closed something I shouldn't have...Grrrr!

Well *tries to recall what she wrote earlier*

I started with an apology for taking so long to get around to reviewing with the excuse that I wanted to re-read the previous chapters first to get back into the feel of it. I also said I am so glad I did and waxed lyrical for a sentence or two about that an entertaining story it is and how I love your characters.

Then I got down to business and started to review as I read, which is quite a good method for me as I can comment as I notice something rather than leaving it all to the end when I might have forgotten something which struck me as brilliant or needing tweaking.

Oh yes, the first thing I wrote to you about was Yuffie's character being so incorrigable. I was delighted about her reaction to the idea of a scandal being soemthing novel and desirable. To everyone else, the mere mention of social disapproval would immediately rein in their baser instincts, but Yuffie goes looking for a scandal with no base instinct to blame at all! The fun of being the subject of disapproval is reward enough for her thinking!

I was sympathising with her poor mother who must lie awake at night dreading what the next day might bring. It is not the least bit surprising to me that Elmyra insisted that Tifa and Aerith ride out with her. One chaperone might have been sufficient for most young debutantes, but Yuffie definitely needs two!

I can't quite make Reno out yet. I am inclined to be a bit suspicious of him. If he grew up with the girls as the second chapter implies, then he is awfully young to be at the forefront of a murder investigation. If however he is much older than the girls (perhaps in his late 20s), then he seems like he is using Yuffie's naievity terribly and I can't approve of him one bit. I think you might need to explain him away as a olden day 'Hardy boy', that would be the best solution although it still wouldn't explain why the son of the victim would trust him enough to approach him in person, when he wouldn't have had time to build the reputation as a super-sleuth that an older detective might have had. His letter sounds like it might have been written by a 19 or 20 year old, perhaps 21 at the most. It shows a lack of wisdom, choosing someone whom he knows full well will read the letter and not guard her tongue about it, to deliver his missive to Mr Valentine.

Vincent Valentine is not a vampire by any chance is he?

Clues: the red cape at the ball, hiding in dark corners, reluctance to speak, minimal servants, possible implication in the murder, dust, cobwebs etc (you can thank Mazzie for that train of thought). I just struck me upon re-reading the 4 chapters that that might be his 'problem'.

Actually no, that would be too simple and fulfil all Yuffie's fantasies too well. I bet she ends up THINKING he is a vampire, but in reality he is just a socially awkward and reclusive old man who has small epilectic fits at times when he just freezes momentarily and then comes right again.

I am looking forward to getting to know the Highwinds. Cid certainly does not seem like the kind of young man I would choose to keep my daughter out of scrapes! Perhaps Godo knows full well that if he doesn't let her go in company with the Highwinds then she would be sneaking out her bedroom window and going alone anyway. This is the lesser of two evils...

But we shall see.
Erin Chalupa chapter 4 . 6/14/2010
I was glad to see you continue with this story! I really enjoy Yuffie and Vinnie. My favorite parts of this chapter were Yuffie's side comments while reading Reno's letter to her and her attitude towards Vinnie when they visited him. I like how snooty she is. It cracks me up. I really get into stories with main characters like Yuffie! I really love Yuffie's sisters, too.
rikku247 chapter 4 . 6/4/2010
Oh you've updated! I apologize for not reading and reviewing sooner, but here I am now. :D I thought you were fine in this chapter, even with the long break. :) Its getting more exciting, with the murder and Yuffie going to the city. I eagerly await the next chapter and more mystery.

-rikku
GeEKy-nERd chapter 4 . 6/1/2010
Yay! I trip to the city! And Reno gets to make more appearances in the near future. I like this. Yes, please don't abandon this fic. I find it absolutely adorable! But since Yuffie is going to the city, does that mean that Tifa and Aerith don't make any more appearances in a while? I find them quite...humorous with their remarks and coughing in the corner. But it's your story, so you get to do whatever you want with it. I can't wait for the next chapter! And I think you got Yuffie down pretty well along with the other characters.
Yes-4-Yuffentine chapter 4 . 6/1/2010
Fantastic story! I really love it! You've captured the characters brilliantly, and even though its an AU story, it is still completely FF7. I love the interaction between Yuffie and Vincent, and am really looking forward to more of it! Please update as soon as you can!
m chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
what in the heck is this? i like the originality, but its like final fantasy vii had a kid with pride and prejudice who turned to drugs
Nagasasu chapter 4 . 5/31/2010
"Mr. Valentine must be hiding something – something grisly – and I want to find out what it is." LOL, way to put your foot in your mouth Yuffie.

"Oh. I'm sorry." I love that in this paragraph Yuffie's mood totally turns around.

Hmmm, totally getting some Sense and Sensibility vibes right now with Vincent's sudden need to leave. Similarly the Kitty-ish vibes (from P&P) make me worry for Yuffie as she goes to the city. Still, awesome to see another chapter from you. :)
gwen chapter 4 . 5/31/2010
I'm curious now - how old is Vincent supposed to be?
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »