Reviews for The Times We Had Before
othiara chapter 1 . 5/4/2013
So sad. I loved this. Amazing concept and wonderfully executed. Nice work.
anneka chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
i loved it, but , the pair cud have been lovers with da same storytline.
Delta chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
I really love this. I never thought much about the Topher/Claire relationship until I read this. It's really believable. I felt like I was reading a portion of a script for the show.
Dani chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
Wow, this is great... I mean the writing. The story itself is so sad. I haven't watched much of the dollhouse, but I can see why it is a popular show. I've seen the episode you reference in your story on hulu, and have to say again - "Wow." The characterization is perfect; I always thought there had to be more to Topher than the mad scientist with zero ethics that they showed. Keep writing, but maybe write a story with more chapters? Please? :)
HRK chapter 1 . 5/22/2009
Well written. I love this. Seriously. :)

I know a lot of people like to go towards the romantic for Whiskey and Topher but my first impression with his reaction in Omega was that they had to be family. I would love to see more!
littlemissliketofight chapter 1 . 5/22/2009
sad and lovely. x
stargatemagic chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
Aw. I had never thought of it like this! Brilliant. Thanks for posting!
Miss. Edith needs her tea chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
wow, just wow, this is a really interesting idea, i love it, and i would love it if you updated, that would be of the good :)
angelofdarkness78 chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
Wow. That was a brilliant and original idea. I was so curious about that one thing that Claire/Whiskey said to Topher in the finale, about her hating him, but unfortunately since I doubt the next season will be picked up (here's hoping I'm wrong), we were left hanging. This is a great tag on that line, especially since you showed how Claire came to being a doll because she needed to forget. The fact that she's his sister is also a unique twist.

Excellent job!
Fire From Above chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
That was bittersweet.
Obsideor chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
THAT

WAS

AMAZING!

That was a PERFECT explanation for the little plot twist in the finale. PERFECT. I'm working on one now, but i don't think it'll fall into place nearly as well as yours. great job! Aw poor Topher... i 3 him lol :) Yay!
justawritier chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
I too think Claire is Topher's sister. It just adds up. so heartbreaking it's like something Joss would come up with. Great job!
Risty chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
Lovely! You completely read my mind (and, i like to hope, Jos's) on the basis of the relationship between these two, and a nice execution on the idea too.

It would just make so much sense. Awesome.
Ivy chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
That they're siblings was my immediate theory, too and I like this story a lot. Though I think they might have grown up in foster care or something and Claire was, perhaps, abused somehow. Hence Topher's desire to use Echo to help the girl from Briar Rose.
nemor chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
Oh my God, this is so very crushingly sad. Them being siblings was exactly what I thought after watching the finale, I hope the series gets renewed so that we can get some growth on their relationship

This was really well done, we never really get to see inside Topher, and in fact he's pretty heartless and 'rational' all throughout the series until the final episode, so I think you've done a great job of humanising him.