Reviews for Tales from the Nexus
Happerry chapter 5 . 3/14/2013
Having just read all these, I think this chapter is my favorite.. I just like the mental imagery. Alfred should show how good he actually is more often.

Thanks for the good work. Looking forwards to the next time the muse bites you.
Darkhymns chapter 10 . 9/1/2012
Aw, I loved this! Haplo and his book-writing endeavors- what better way to explain in detail all those adventures? Ah, but titles are always the hardest, like Into the Labyrinth- but sometimes the simplest titles are best! XD But how Haplo came up with the fourth one is great and of course Alfred is all embarrassed and doesn't want it and it is incredibly adorable in so many ways. And the part where he waits for Alfred to realize just what he said is amazing. Oh Alfred, you can't help your humble nature.

Grand romance between Alfred and Orla is a good writing move that I support. *nods* Haplo; hero, author, and a romantic at heart.

I swear, each of these little side stories for this collection always puts a smile on my face, and this update brightened my day. And now that little comment from Alfred about his courtship with Lya is stirring more headcanon thoughts. XD;;
Darkhymns chapter 9 . 5/13/2012
Oh goodness. The fluffness- it melts me Of course Alfred would be fretting over them both after finding out about the baby- and that he would also feel guilty about finding out such a fact before they did! Also, yay for hugs of friendshipness

I think my favorite lines were this: '"The way you carry on, I'd almost suspect I wasn't the father."

That, of course, changed Alfred's protest into a filthy glare. Haplo just chuckled.' 8D Best buds for life.

The Nexus is in need of some Serpent Mage children. Alfred should settle down! And bake cookies for his kids! I have a feeling he would spoil them plenty. (And the best spoiling is with sweets). Now I wish I could write that fluffy Death Gate fic, if it just weren't so elusive.
Darkhymns chapter 8 . 2/18/2012
I read this just before going to work, and it lifted up my mood for the entire day. _ Haplo and Alfred arguing over the dog's name, (Yay Monty!) Alfred getting all embarrassed about Chelestra King of the dragon-snakes! He'd be a great dragon king- the most feared creature of all. :D

I also like the last bit with Marit. Makes her all protective over our favorite Sartan! But poor Alfred, I wonder if being in danger of decapitation was a daily occurrence. (With his luck, probably)

Thanks for writing this. It was such a nice surprise!
Darkhymns chapter 7 . 12/20/2011
I was just looking through my favorites today on a whim, and to my pleasant surprise, I saw this collection of stories has updated. Who else but Fizban- um, ZIFNAB- would introduce the cheery holidays to everybody? Makes me wonder if he would this for other holidays, maybe Halloween, or Valentines? XD Heck, he's one of my least favorite characters in the series, and you made me love him here.

Also, Alfred finally snapping is hilarious. And he always feels so guilty, it's adorable

This was a great unexpected Christmas present. If you ever decide to add even more stories, I'll be waiting to read them.
SAMarcus chapter 7 . 12/20/2011
This my friend is exactly how I feel about Christmas every year. Thank you for introducing it to Alfred's poor broken world. lol
staidwaters chapter 6 . 7/31/2010
awww...this is so cute and in character. I loved it
Sholio chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
Very good! I loved this scene in the book and it was great to see another view of it.
shrnoss chapter 6 . 11/28/2009
well i have to admit i do like your stories but have to say it has being years since i read the books. the only thing i could critisize would be the lack of detail in some areas ad i have no idea on the jist of how alfred is not the only sartan any more. would love to see something a bit more lengthier and detailed from you as i think your ideas have good potential. look farward to future work from you
F8WUZL8 chapter 6 . 11/24/2009
I love any and all DGC fanfictions, but these oneshots are particularly fantastic!
Darkhymns chapter 6 . 8/3/2009
Surprised this hasn't been reviewed yet. I'm really loving these series of one-shots, and about Alfred too The best character in the universe- to me at least. XD You've captured his character so well, and it reminds me just how much I love the guy. I'd definitely love the see the adventures between Iridal and Alfred, it was always one of the things I wondered about.

Please continue writing! Maybe a short tale of Haplo and Alfred? Can't think of anything too specific XD;; I've always been quite fascinated by their relationship.