Reviews for Tante Margot
Perfect.
Beautiful. Heartbreaking.
Perfect.
Scarylady chapter 1 . 7/16
This was delightful! I love how you portrayed Marguerite and gave Percy a little reality check. Very nice!
Mavia chapter 1 . 12/21/2014
Amazing piece and insight into Percy/Marguerite stuff. It's time Percy learnt that it's not easy being the easy-wife-at-home !
Seriously, I think their characterizations fit perfectly with the books, and it's always nice to read about the missing in-betweens.
I hope to read other works from you !
Belle of Books chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
I love this story! I had read it a while ago and was re-reading my favorite parts of Mam'zelle when I thought of this. Took me awhile to find it because I forgot the title, but here I am! I love it. I love it because it is an entirely realistic situation, one that I could see happening and one that I wish happened. Percy is an entirely too heroic character in some situations and I love the way that you tease that and explore the equality, or perhaps lack of, in their supposed partnership. You had so many enjoyable nuances in this story. From the mentions of her time as an actress, to her rather surprising uncertainty with regards to caring for the children, you weave an interesting and three dimensional portrayal of the characters, especially Marguerite, Percy, and Andrew. Thank you so much. Please please write more of SP expanding on the books, like this story did. You do it so well. Thank you.
Fleur24 chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
I love how Marguerite won over the girls!

""The barn was silent as even the men listened. St. Dennys, who'd always found the theatre a dreadful bore, was drawn in despite himself. Tony marveled at the musical quality of Marguerite's voice, the grace of her gesture.

In that moment, as she'd recited Genghis Khan's speech, every member of the League could see, precisely, why Marguerite Saint Just had been the only woman who could truly capture the heart of Percy Blakeney.

Even in the most profound moments of distress, Marguerite Blakeney was a woman who could draw upon extraordinary reserves of intellect and courage-a woman whose beauty was matched only by her keen appreciation of the power of art."" That is so very cool!

OOOOOoooo Percy's in trouble!1

""Oblivious to the adult drama unfolding around them, Valentine and Mariette chattered over and past each other as accounts of the past three and a half weeks tumbled from their lips. They had ridden miles and miles in a bumpy wagon. Tante Margot had told them stories from plays she'd acted in the Comédie Française: the story of the Chinese Orphan, and the Princess Berenice. And she'd taught them songs! Mariette, the more musical of the two, launched into another tune, to demonstrate:"" AWE those girls are adorable!

""Neither she, nor Eve de Saint Lucque, were quite prepared for what happened then. Quick as a shot, Valentine wrenched her hand from her mother's and ran like a bullet back toward the inn, straight at Marguerite. Throwing her arms around Marguerite's waist, Valentine bestowed one last, fierce hug upon the woman who had protected her over the past month.

"Adieu, Tante Margot," Valentine repeated.

"Adieu ma petite chéri," Marguerite replied, dropping a kiss on the child's head. "Va, Va ma petite-go to your maman,"" AWE!

SWEET their going to get their little cottage!
slytherinsal chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
about time he realised that she's stronger than anyone else in the league

the good baroness both vilifies all revolutionaries and yet shows through so many of her aristocrats why revolution was inevitable; i presume that the Luque woman is canon but what a wonderful way you wrote her ignorantly haughty distain for Marguerite and showed that despite privation she - as so many others - has just failed to learn a few basic lessons of humanity.

a powerful love story; and the emphasis that truth is the most important part of any marriage is so true
Sher chapter 1 . 10/6/2009
A truly fantastic story! I love how you took a small portion of Mam'zelle Guillotine and wove it into something so brilliant and deep! Easily one of the best Scarlet Pimpernel fanfics I've ever read.
Kennedy Leigh Morgan chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. It's exceptional and deserves a million praises! You're characterizations are wonderful, you've captured this already beautiful love story and really expanded upon it marvelously. I love the relationship Marguerite forms with the two girls, and how you portray her interactions with Percy's friends. I truly hope you write more fanfiction soon!
The Little Corinthian chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
That was lovely! :0) Job well done!
sheepstake chapter 1 . 6/11/2009
very well done. amazing use of detail. imaginative plot filling. thank you for a feast of pleasure. do write more.
Marianne Greenleaf chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
This was absolutely stunning! A beautifully written story - you really have a lovely way with words. :-)

The characterization was spot-on - I especially liked how you portrayed Percy and Marguerite's romance. Your descriptions were heated but tasteful - this can be a difficult balance to achieve, especially for such a passionate couple as these two. Very well done! :-)
JMaire chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
Percy is a taxing man to be married to. And frankly, more than a bit selfish. His heroics come at a cost to his wife.

And yes, Andrew, a lot of those "latin aristocrats" DO deserve what they get.
Pimpernel Princess chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
That was incredibly sweet. Well done. My favorite part had to be when Dennys was religiously examining his boots. ;) Marguerite's character was incredibly three-dimensional, while Percy seemed to be drawn straight from Orczy. Nice characterization.

May the muse be with you,

PP
Baroness Emma chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
Ahh. *basks in the warm glow of Percy/Marguerite angst*

It's so good to see this finally posted. I know you've been working on it for a long time, and I think this finished product is terrific.

All your editing has PAID OFF!

Your flow, your tension, your characterization, and above all, how well you channel Marguerite, makes this piece hauntingly intense and worth reading again, and over and over.

I wish I could simply tell you to write more fanfic, and just have it appear! You MUST write more, m'dear. (I'd love to see what you can do with Chauvelin)

A stellar work, my friend, simply stellar.

(_)

All the best.

Salutations,

Baroness Orc
Araminta18 chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
Lovely. I must admit I haven't actually read Mam'zelle Guillotine (yet!), but I do love TSP and Elusive Pimpernel, and I really think you caught the spirit of the books-of Percy and Marguerite's relationship. You show their love, and yet still developing relationship very well. Absolutely gorgeous. :)