Reviews for It Doesn't Hurt
A Guest chapter 3 . 10/6/2014
You have righted the wrong! You have filled my heart with pain and bittersweetness that the author didn't write in! It's such a lovely fic! Keep on writing!
thebookishone chapter 3 . 7/25/2014
This is the first Ishida-centric fic I've read, and it was just so harrowing and beautiful and sad and wonderful. I don't think I can read any more Ishida fics because this set the standard so incredibly high.
ShayL92 chapter 3 . 3/17/2014
I love the way this is written. I've never read anything written in second person point of view before. For some reason I feel like it works in this story's favor in ways that would take too long to describe. Now I've never read the manga (I keep meaning to but never get around to it) but I remember these episodes from the anime. As far as I know I don't think the anime even addresses any aftermath of the battle of Ulquiorra or even mentioned that poor Ishida had his hand cut off but I seem to remember an injury being shown. I guess I would have to watch those episodes again to make sure but I cried the first time I watched so I don't know if I can handle all those emotions again so soon. Anyway the thing that really annoyed me about the anime was that it took too long to get to the action with Ulquiorra (or any action dealing with the main storyline) because of all the fighting in Fake Karakura Town and fillers (but my feelings about those are a different story).

I know Fake Karakura Town is the name of the arc so I guess it makes more sense to have the majority of episodes about it but still I really wish there would've been a moment in the anime like in your story dealing with the aftermath of the battle with Ulquiorra. I do remember in some episode afterwards we briefly see Ishida encased in Orihime's healing shield (I can't remember which now) if I remember correctly but I don't remember if there was any moment where the these three reflected on what had just happened or shown what Ishida was feeling. Your story does a brilliant job of filling in that gap.

I probably had more to say but I gotta go now.
Bleach4Soul chapter 3 . 1/11/2014
I applaud you. Everyone just forgot about Ishida, didn't they. He's my favorite character, so I was screaming at the back of my mind this entire fight XD
LunaBianca chapter 3 . 6/16/2013
Thanks for sharing this story. :)
LunaBianca chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
The honesty and grim irony in these moments make Ishida both accessible and heroic. I like the taste of this prose.
zxc chapter 3 . 3/28/2013
that was awesome! i loved it :)
MystiKoorime chapter 3 . 8/19/2012
This was so perfectly in character! Uryuu seriously deserved more props for everything he went through on top of the dome and I would have loved to see something like this happen in the manga/anime.

You did an excellent job conveying the myriad of emotions that Uryuu, Orihime, and Ichigo experienced. So glad I found this fic!

MystiK
eveningsparrow chapter 3 . 6/15/2012
This.

Everything about this is perfect.

Ishida's selflessness, his courage, his relationships with Orihime and Ichigo - you've absolutely nailed them.

"You're not going anywhere, dumbass. Come back, or I swear I'll come after you. If you die on me, I'll never forgive you!"

I love for this bit - and just everything about this fic, really. This last scene should absolutely have happened in the manga, it illustrates so well the dynamics between the three and the importance that they hold. I felt that we were really left hanging after that scene, and this fills that hole perfectly.

Also, you managed to write in second person in such a way that it doesn't seem jarring, and actually adds to the fic. Major props for that!

Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
Darkheart1311 chapter 3 . 5/28/2012
Umm...… that was amazing! The detail was incredible! Fantastic job!
matchynishi chapter 3 . 9/14/2011
I liked this so much..
TheCatWithTheHat chapter 3 . 9/8/2011
Aw. That was really good. Your descriptions and attention to detail was incredible. Great work!
Bleachhead88 chapter 3 . 9/1/2011
Beautifully done! I think you really captured the characters here and I loved how you filled this gap in from the story. I agree, it is rather criminal that the story just skips right over this part.
borednerdsunited chapter 3 . 7/29/2011
Naw, how sweet~ Well, sweet in an angsty, twisted kind of way, at least. I really liked how realistic the characters were, they weren't OOC at all :) Truthfully, Ishida is not one of my favourite characters, but after I read the first chapter, I just couldn't stop! Great work, I hope I can read more of your work soon!

Sorahime The Azn ]
LundiWolf chapter 3 . 4/23/2011
I think I've read this before, but NOW when I've reread it I'm taking the time to review it. I love this! I think you've captured the emotion veyr well, and the characters felt in-character. You did an amazing job, and I'm impressed on how real chapter 3 felt. THAT'S something that should've been in the manga