Reviews for Once a God
xentrya chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
This was such a great fiction! I'm a big fan of your X/A fiction and I did read all of them. I particularly enjoyed this one because of the ending. You actually give it the ending that all X/A fans had been hoping for or at least imagining when seeing this episode:) Nice piece:) Got to love it. And Ares...absolutely cute:)
Kay chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
Oh my god... so so beautiful. This is what I've been looking for, craving. This felt so script3 You wrote Ares and Xena so well, so in character, so natural. They can't have it easy...not just build up one moment and have them kiss or something...there has to be obstacles, denial, stubbornness, the tension :D You had all that, with a plot! Just great job.
nickyblue chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
All I can say is Wow... That was freakin great LK! Loved how you did the fight and the end WOW! ;) You got the characters spot on! I can't wait to read your next fic!
Evangeline-Sibeliah chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
Thanks for the story.

I'm having a hard time browsing through Xena/Ares fanfiction - many of them are OOC and aren't true to the original X/A chemistry. I think it's best to stick with stories written around season 5 or inbetween episodes of season 6. This one is a great example.

Angie
Sunnepho chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
Didn't I review last time I read this? I didn't? I didn't! Argh, this must be rectified.

Love this version so much better than the canon! :P I see you like the idea of Xena being in control of the situation as much as I do. None of that forcibly taking away her power to kill gods in response to a murderous rampage business because really, that's just so in character based on her past and future actions.

Lovely, lovely parallel to the ending of Motherhood! And the way Xena saved Ares when Caligula ordered her to kill him felt pretty awkward in the episode. I'm glad you've fixed that.

Also, I think I'm getting prudish in my old age. My eyes kept slipping away from the admittedly tasteful sex scene, so I guess I won't be able to comment on that. :P

Anyway, I loved this fic when it was first published, and I love it still!
aresgirl chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
I love this story! U should consider a follow up. I'm halfway done with a x/hercules fic that takes place after The Gauntlet. I'll let u know when i finish it! U have great grammar. And i'm a journalist and editor so i'm always finding mistakes but i think u have good grammar.
AngelofSnow chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
I hate to write reviews like this that don't offer constructive criticism in any but...

This story was absolutely perfect. Perfect characterization, steamy sex, comedy... Please, please, please write a sequel to this.

I'm familiar with Suetonius' 12 Ceasars and it was cute to include the story here. There's so many crazy Caligula stories. I would have loved to hear about his horse who was made a senator.
shrinking.violet3 chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
Oh, Lady Kate!

I don't know where to begin. This is so good ... as always ... you leave me speechless, flabbergasted. Thank you.
Skalpro chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
REally really good. oh my god it was so natural...

but I have said this before.

The last scene not gratuitus at all.
Elfrieda chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
So much shippery goodness! Yay!

Love that last line - what a great way to end with a punch of humor.

I like how protective Ares is of Aphrodite, and how you re-worked the original TGYK script in a shippery way.

Oh, and the sex scene wasn't half bad, either. ;) *fans self*
esptera chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
I wondering how come I've never read this before, and then I checked the date, and I went like "OMFG, an active writer who still ships A/X in 2009? Be still my heart." This is really one feel good story, lighter and fluffier than the others that you have written. Why didn't the darn producers see fit to have the episode turn out this way?

But... thank you so much.
HAZMOT chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
I really liked this one, with a different twist on the ending. I remember the episode and that was one of the better ones. You had old Caligula thinking he was unbeatable and practically forced Xena and Ares hand in defeating him. Ares and Xena working together to save Aphrodite was touching, especially Ares really wanting to save his sister and Xena, Eve. In the end Xena admitted that she did indeed love Ares and vise versa. So all ends well. :D